Facilitated by project Optimize, a World Health Organization and PATH collaboration, this review was conducted in the Western Cape of South Africa whereby the Biovac Institute (a third-party, private-sector company) took over the roles of vaccine procurement, warehouse management, inventory management, and vaccine distribution directly to health centers.
Author(s): Lydon P
Corporate author(s): World Health Organization, PATH
Publication date: October 2011
1,266 KB PDF
Hard copies are not available.
Some digital files may be saved at low resolutions to conserve file size. Versions with higher quality may be available; see the contact information below to enquire.
Related regions: Africa
- Health technologies > Vaccine delivery
- Vaccines and immunization > Diarrheal disease
- Vaccines and immunization > Hepatitis B
- Vaccines and immunization > Miscellaneous
- Vaccines and immunization > Pneumococcal disease
For more information…
Contact: PATH Publications
Mailing address: PATH, PO Box 900922, Seattle, WA 98109 USA