Multiple PATH programs will present several abstracts at the third annual Global Digital Health Forum taking place on December 13 and 14 in Washington, DC. The forum, put on by the Personal Connected Health Alliance in partnership with the Global Digital Health Network and US Agency for International Development, brings together public- and private-sector organizations to share the latest evidence, experiences, and lessons learned on new applications and approaches in digital health.
Information and communication technology (ICT) has the power to transform health services delivery in low-resource settings. At PATH, our digital health work spans the entire software development lifecycle from analysis of information systems to deployment and long-term use of those systems. We work across health areas, such as immunization, supply chain, maternal and child health, and insurance to identify and address information management needs and improve data-driven decision-making.
Our approach is collaborative and based on user-driven design. We solve real-world problems with low-cost innovative solutions by working alongside care providers and patients at all levels of the health system, focusing on their needs and goals. Together, we identify and tailor appropriate ICT solutions.
- Mapping a Data Use Culture (Data Use Partnership and BID Initiative)
- Creating Demand for Data through User-Centered Design (BID Initiative)
- The Digital Health Knowledge Base – Content, and Taxonomies, and Platforms, Oh My! (BID Initiative)
- Telling Stories with Data Visualizations (BID Initiative and MACEPA)
- OpenHIE: Global and Local (BID Initiative)
- Data Security
- Holistic Systems Thinking Approach: Getting more out of our investments (BID Initiative)
- New Resources from the World Health Organization (WHO)/Johns Hopkins University Global mHealth Initiative (GMI) Partnership
- The Power of Community Engagement (Projecting Health)
Follow along on Facebook and Twitter the week of the event as we share live updates. The resources from the presentations will be available after the event on our BID Learning Network (BLN) Resources page.
PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms— vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health. Learn more at www.path.org.
Posted December 8, 2016.