Global health organizations, private sector leaders, and governments from around the world are convening in National Harbor, Maryland to attend the inaugural Global mHealth Forum, a two-day event within the mHealth Summit on December 10 and 11, 2014. As a sponsor of the forum, PATH will participate in several panels, launch a thought-leading paper on scaling digital health programs, and close the forum with a fireside chat moderated by PATH president and CEO Steve Davis.
At the forum, PATH will release a paper that describes the journey the global community needs to take to shift the use of digital tools for health from a series of one-off projects to an institutionalized common practice. The Journey to Scale: Moving Together Past Digital Health Pilots discusses how we can move past an era of small-scale pilots, towards more comprehensive efforts that align and strengthen systems and allow for much larger-scale lifesaving impact.
To engage in discussion of the journey to scale, and other issues at the forefront of implementing digital health solutions in low-resource settings, PATH experts will take part the following conversations:
- Systematic Methods and Principles for Designing, Implementing and Scaling mHealth, a panel discussion that includes Kate Wilson, director of PATH’s Digital Health Solutions team, on Wednesday, December 10 from 11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. in Maryland Room 2.
- Leveraging “meHealth” to support Better, More Effective, More Equitable Healthcare, a panel discussion with Caren Althauser, program officer on PATH’s Digital Health Solutions team, on Wednesday, December 10 from 11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. inÂ Maryland Room 3.
- The Power of Cross-Learning Networks to Build National ICT Capacity, a panel discussion with Kate Wilson on Wednesday, December 10 from 3:05 p.m. - 4:35 p.m. inÂ Maryland Room 3.
- Using gaming to improve treatment of NCDs, a roundtable discussion with Michael Fergusson, Ayogo Games, and Kate Wilson on Thursday, December 11 from 1:15pm - 2:15 pm in the Maryland Ballroom.
- Closing Plenary: Partnering for Scale, moderated by PATH president and CEO Steve Davis, a fireside chat with representatives from the GSMA, UNICEF Uganda, Thoughtworks, and the Ministry of Health, Rwanda. This session will be held on Thursday, December 11 from 4:15 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the Maryland Ballroom.
- Global mHealth Forum website.
- Our Journey to Scale: Moving Together Past Digital Health Pilots paper.
- Our Connecting Health Information Systems for Better Health eBook.
- Our digital health solutions portfolio.
Posted December 6, 2014.