Resource type: Presentation
Total results with these characteristics: 23
- 10 Facts on Immunization
This short summary of immunization facts provides an overview of immunization and a ten-slide presentation on immunization facts.
Author: World Health Organization
- A 20-year Retrospective Analysis of Epidemic Meningitis Surveillance Data in Burkina Faso, Mali, and Niger
This poster, presented at the 2008 International Pathogenic Neisseria Conference, displays a detailed analysis of long-term surveillance data from Burkina Faso, Mali, and Niger during the past 20 years in order to understand the dynamics of …
Author: Djingarey MH, Noazin S, Préziosi MP, et al.
- Advancing Vaccine Formulations of Importance to Developing Countries Using New and Existing Adjuvant Technologies
The positive impact of adjuvants on vaccination can be functional and practical. A handful of adjuvants are currently licensed for human vaccination, and a number of new adjuvants have reached advanced development stages. However, access to these …
Author: Blum J, Chen D, Cummings R
- Assessing Disease Burden of JE: Population-Based Surveillance
This slide presentation provides an overview of the components of a population-based surveillance system for JE. The presentation should be used in conjunction with the World Health Organization's Recommended Standards for Surveillance of Selected …
- The Burden of JE in Southeast Asia: The Role of NGOs in the Fight Against the Disease
This presentation, given at the 2006 meeting of the American Society for Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, provides an overview of JE disease burden and the activities of the PATH JE project.
- Carriage of Neisseria Meningitidis in 2 - 29 Years Old in Mali, Senegal and The Gambia
This poster, presented at the 16th International Pathogenic Neisseria Conference in the Netherlands, discusses a study that aimed to provide preliminary information regarding meningococcal carriage in West Africa and on the effect on …
Author: Caugant DA, Tamboura B, Tapia M, et al.
- Childhood Immunization: A Worthwhile Investment
This attractive PowerPoint show is an immunization advocacy tool designed to be adapted for different situations. Presenters are encouraged to insert their organizational logo, add or subtract pages, substitute images, or revise the text, depending …
- Clinical Assessment of Children with Suspected Central Nervous System Infections
This PowerPoint presentation trains doctors and health care workers in areas where Japanese encephalitis is endemic on how to assess a patient presenting with acute encephalitis syndrome. This version has still images only; a version with video …
Author: Univerity of Liverpool Brain Infections Group
- Clinical Manifestations and Diagnosis of Encephalitis
This presentation provides an overview of the clinical manifestations and diagnosis of encephalitis. This presentation can be adapted for your specific use.
- Development of a Low-Dose Challenge Model for Evaluation of Vaccines for Enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC) in Volunteers
This presentation from the Vaccines for Enteric Diseases conference provides results from a clinical trial that found the human challenge model currently being used to test vaccines against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) is utilizing a …
Author: Harro C, DeNearing B, Marcum A, et al.
- Diagnostic and Laboratory Testing Aspects of JE
This slide presentation give an overivew of the diagnostic and laboratory testing aspects of JE and can be apdated to fit your audience.
- The Epidemiology of JE
This slide presentation gives an overview of the epidemiology of JE and can be adapted for individual use.
- How to Perform a Lumbar Puncture
This slide presentation gives an overview of performing a lumbar puncture in diagnosing encephalitis.
- Human Papillomavirus: What You Need to Know
This webcast features interviews and presentations from the March 21, 2006 "Human Papillomavirus: What You Need to Know" conference in Boston, Massachusetts. Topics include the epidemiology of human papillomavirus, cervical cancer prevention, and …
Author: The Society for Adolescent Medicine
- Immunizing Children Using the SA 14-14-2 JE Vaccine
This slide presentation give an overview of immunizing using the SA 14-14-2 JE vaccine. The slide set can be adapted for individual use.
- Implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for Enhanced Meningitis Surveillance in 13 Countries of the African Meningitis Belt from 2003 to 2008
This poster, presented at the 2008 International Pathogenic Neisseria Conference, displays the results of a study to determine the effectiveness of the Standard Operating Procedures that were developed in 2001 to 2002 to codify and enhance …
Author: Djingarey MH, Konde K, Kandolo D, et al.
- Japanese Encephalitis: Control of the Disease
This slide presentation provides an overview of the control of JE and prevention of JE through immunization.
- Liverpool Outcome Score Teaching Presentation
This PowerPoint presentation trains health care staff on how to use the Liverpool Outcome Score to assess disability in patients with Japanese encephalitis. This version uses still images; a version with video clips is available from …
Author: University of Liverpool Brain Infections Group
- Overview of RotaTeq® Human-bovine Reassortant Rotavirus Vaccine
This presentation from an informal consultation on proposed World Health Organization guidelines to assure quality, safety, and efficacy of live, attenuated rotavirus vaccines reported on studies of the safety and efficacy of the RotaTeq® …
Author: Shaw A, Heaton P
- Preventing Vaccine Freezing in the Cold Chain
Vaccine freezing in the cold chain is increasingly recognized as a serious threat to immunization programs. This zipped set of materials includes background information on the freezing problem (two literature reviews and a PowerPoint presentation); …
This presentation from the Director of Worldwide Medical Affairs, GlaxoSmithKline, provides a profile of Rotarix® and describes its potential value.
Author: De Vos B
- Surveillance of Meningococcal Disease in Burkina Faso
This poster, presented at the 2008 International Pathogenic Neisseria Conference, displays the results of a study that gathered epidemiologic and laboratory data on meningitis cases in Burkina Faso, determined the causal pathogens of these …
Author: Badolo O, Tiendrebeogo E, Novak RT, et al.
- World Health Organization Podcast, Episode 45: A New Meningitis Vaccine is Being Introduced to Prevent Epidemics in Sub-Saharan Africa
This podcast discusses the introduction of a new vaccine to prevent epidemics of meningitis in sub-Saharan Africa. The podcast features Dr. Eric Bertherat, from the World Health Organization (WHO) department of Epidemic Pandemic Alert and …
Author: World Health Organization