Topic: Introduction and service delivery
Total results with these characteristics: 271
- 2013 Rota Roundup
2013 was a remarkable year for rotavirus vaccines, the best tool to prevent severe rotavirus disease and the deadly, dehydrating diarrhea that it causes. This infographic depicts various rotavirus vaccine highlights from the year, including the …
- Accelerating Introduction of New Vaccines: Barriers to Introduction and Lessons Learned From the Recent Haemophilus influenzae type b Vaccine Experience
This article, from the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, examines recent efforts to accelerate the introduction of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccines in developing countries, which resulted in a significant surge in …
Author: Hajjeh R
- Acceptance Patterns and Decision-Making for Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Among Parents in Vietnam: An In-Depth Qualitative Study Post-Vaccination
This article, published in BMC Public Health, presents findings from qualitative research on parents’ rationales for vaccinating or not vaccinating their daughters and their decision-making process in the context of a human papillomavirus …
Author: Cover JK, Nghi NQ, LaMontagne DS, Huyen DT, Hien NT, Nga LT
- Achieving the Global Vision for Future Immunization Supply and Logistics Systems: Action Plans
These action plans describe specific activities and strategies designed to help achieve the common vision for the future of immunization supply systems developed by the Cold Chain and Logistics Task Force (led by the United Nations Children’s …
Author: World Health Organization, PATH
- Addition of History of Intussusception as a Contraindication for Rotavirus Vaccination
This article, published in Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, reports on the revision that the US Food and Drug Administration has approved for the prescribing information and patient labeling for rotavirus vaccines manufactured by …
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Addition of Severe Combined Immunodeficiency as a Contraindication for Administration of Rotavirus Vaccine
In response to reported cases of vaccine-acquired rotavirus infection in infants with severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) following rotavirus vaccine administration, both Merck & Co. and GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals have revised …
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Adult Vaccination Resources Library
This online library gathers resources specifically related to adult immunization, providing healthcare providers and the general public with access to relevant resources that can be used in a clinic setting or for individual education. It includes …
Author: Immunization Action Coalition
- Adverse Events Following Immunization During Mass Vaccination Campaigns at First Introduction of a Meningococcal A Conjugate Vaccine in Burkina Faso, 2010
MenAfriVac™ is a new meningococcal A conjugate vaccine developed to prevent meningitis outbreaks in Africa. It was first introduced during the last quarter of 2010 in three West African countries. The authors of this article, published in …
Author: Ouandaogo CR, Yaméogo TM, Diomandé FVK, et al.
- Africa Routine Immunization System Essentials Project: Technical Resources
The three-year Africa Routine Immunization System Essentials (ARISE) project, which ended in November 2012, worked to build the evidence base on what drives improvements in routine immunization in Africa. Findings from the project's work complement …
Author: JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
- Albania: Demonstrating the Benefits of an Online Immunization Registry
This document describes how project Optimize is collaborating with the Albanian Institute of Public Health to transform the way immunization data and vaccine stock are managed. The two-year collaboration aims to evaluate the benefits of a supply …
Author: PATH; World Health Organization
- Andhra Pradesh: Building a Model Immunization System
This report discusses the work of PATH's Children's Vaccine Program and the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh to build a model immunization program, including the incorporation of hepatitis B vaccine into the childhood vaccination program.
- Anthropological Perspectives on Injections: A Review
This article from the Bulletin of the World Health Organization discusses the popularity of injections, as well as the widespread practice of injections provided by both formal and informal health care providers. The authors also suggest …
Author: Reeler A
- An Approach to Formative Research in HPV Vaccine Introduction Planning in Low-Resource Settings
Formative research can inform country-level vaccine delivery strategies, communication messages, and advocacy plans. This article, published in The Open Vaccine Journal, describes the conceptual framework of the formative research conducted by …
Author: Bingham A, Janmohamed A, Bartolini R, et al.
- Assessing the Environment for Introduction of Human Papillomavirus Vaccine in India
This article, published in The Open Vaccine Journal, presents findings from a study conducted in 2007 and 2008 in two states in India: Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat. The objectives of the study were to: design effective and appropriate HPV vaccine …
Author: Jacob M, Mawar N, Menezes L, et al.
- Assessing the Potency of Oral Polio Vaccine Kept Outside of the Cold Chain During a National Immunization Campaign in Chad
This article, published in Vaccine, reports on a study of the potency of monovalent oral polio vaccine type 3 kept at ambient temperatures during a polio immunization campaign in Chad. The results of the study show that post-campaign laboratory …
Author: Zipursky S, Boualam L, Cheikh DO, et al.
- Attitudes Toward Immunization in Cambodia: A Qualitative Study of Health Worker and Community Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices in Kampong Chhnang
Nearly 200 consumers and medical care providers were interviewed for this well-documented, qualitative research study. The data offer insight into many aspects of public and professional attitudes toward immunization and health care in general.
- The Australian Immunization Handbook
Similar to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Pink Book, this handbook provides information for health care providers on vaccine safety, immunization procedures, monitoring adverse events following immunization, and many other …
Author: Australian Department of Health and Aging
- Best Infection Control Practices for Interdermal, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular Needle Injections
From the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, this article discusses evidence-based guidelines for making injections safer. Abstracts are available in Spanish, French, and Arabic.
Author: Hutin Y, Hauri A, Chiarello L, et al.
- Best Infection Control Practices for Skin-Piercing Intradermal, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular Needle Injections
This leaflet outlines the best practices for safe injections, with pictograms to aid in training. Topics include preventing needlestick injuries to the provider, using sterile equipment, preventing contamination of equipment and medication, and …
Author: World Health Organization, Safe Injection Global Network, and the International Council of Nurses
- Better Immunization Data Initiative
This website provides detailed information about the Better Immunization Data (BID) Initiative, which aims to empower countries to enhance immunization and overall health service delivery through improved data collection, quality, and use. It …
- Bringing Online Immunization Registries to Low-Resource Countries
Today, most health workers at the service‐delivery level in developing countries use paper‐based systems to track the individuals who have been vaccinated and the vaccines and other resources used during the process. This fact sheet describes …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- A Call to Action for the New Decade of Vaccines
This article, published in The Lancet, argues that there is a moral imperative to make vaccines widely available on an equitable basis. The authors lay out a call to action for the new decade of vaccines, which embraces four key elements. …
Author: Moxon ER, Das P, Greenwood B, et al.
- Calling the Shots: A Review of Global Immunisation Initiatives and Future Priorities
This report reviews the successes and challenges of current global immunization programs, with a particular focus on: pneumonia, diarrheal disease, polio, measles, and rubella. It argues that while there is much to be applauded, there is a funding …
Author: Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Can We Defeat Meningococcal Disease in Low and Middle Income Countries?
This article, published in Vaccine, discusses the challenges of achieving control of meningococcal disease in low- and middle-income countries. The authors argue that in low-income countries the main challenge is a lack of sufficient epidemiological …
Author: Greenwood B, Chiarot E, MacLennan CA, O'Ryan M
- Canadian Immunization Guide
This comprehensive and regularly updated manual deals with a wide range of scientific and clinical issues relating to child, adult, and traveler immunization. Information is provided on vaccine safety, immunization recommendations, and specific …
Author: Public Health Agency of Canada