Total results with these characteristics: 14
- "An Attempt to Swindle Nature": Anti-immunization Press Reports in Australia, 1993-1997
This interesting analysis of press coverage examines the most common anti-immunization "themes" in the Australian press and suggests possible advocacy strategies for countering the negative impact of such reportage. Adapted from: …
Author: Leask J, Chapman S
- The Australian Immunization Handbook
Similar to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Pink Book, this handbook provides information for health care providers on vaccine safety, immunization procedures, monitoring adverse events following immunization, and many other …
Author: Australian Department of Health and Aging
- Changes in Hospitalisations for Acute Gastroenteritis in Australia After the National Rotavirus Vaccination Program
This retrospective analysis, published in the Medical Journal of Australia, found a sustained and substantial decline in rotavirus hospitalizations as well as hospitalizations for diarrhea of any cause following national vaccine …
Author: Dey A, Wang H, Menzies R, Macartney K
- Evidence of Vaccine Freezing in the Cold Chain: Literature Review
This document provides a literature review of articles about evidence of vaccine freezing in the cold chain. The document is part of a series that describes the serious risk of freezing vaccines and World Health Organization-recommended …
- Immunogenicity of a Monovalent 2009 Influenza A(H1N1) Vaccine in Infants and Children: A Randomized Trial
This article, published in The Journal of the American Medical Association, details a randomized, observer-blind, age-stratified, parallel group study assessing two doses of an inactivated, split-virus 2009 influenza A(H1N1) vaccine in healthy …
Author: Nolan T, McVernon J, Skeljo M, et al.
- The Impact of 7-Valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine on Invasive Pneumococcal Disease: A Literature Review
This article, published in Advances in Therapy, describes results from a literature review of 37 articles from Australia, western Europe, and North America reporting impact data on invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD) following the introduction of …
Author: Myint TTH, Madhava H, Balmer P, et al.
- Impact of Rotavirus Vaccination in Australian Children Below 5 Years of Age: A Database Study
This article, published in Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics, reports on a study that compared rotavirus hospitalization rates in children less than five years of age before and after the introduction of the rotavirus vaccine Rotarix® in …
Author: Pendleton A, Galic M, Clarke C, et al.
- Intussusception Following Rotavirus Vaccine Administration: Post-Marketing Surveillance in the National Immunization Program in Australia
This article, published in Vaccine, reports that surveillance conducted following routine rotavirus vaccination in Australia did not find an overall increase in intussusception with use of RotaTeq® (Merck & Co., Inc.) and Rotarix® …
Author: Buttery JP, Danchin MH, Lee KJ, et al.
- Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission of Hepatitis B: Operational Field Guidelines for Delivery of the Birth Dose of Hepatitis B Vaccine
This manual developed for the Western Pacific region provides a menu of programmatic options for improving timely delivery of the first dose of hepatitis B vaccine in different birth contexts to reduce mother-to-child transmission of …
Author: World Health Organization
- Progress in Improving the Safety of Injections in the EPI Western Pacific Region
Includes a "Guide for developing a national plan of action for injection safety" and a "Checklist for EPI supervisors—sterilization and injection practices."
Author: World Health Organization
- Response to a Monovalent Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Vaccine
This article, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, describes the methods, results, and conclusions from a randomized observer-blind, parallel-group trial evaluating two doses of an inactivated, split-virus 2009 influenza A(H1N1) vaccine …
Author: Greenberg ME, Lai MH, Hartel GF, et al.
- The Science of Immunisation: Questions and Answers
This publication aims to address confusion created by contradictory information in the public domain regarding immunization. It sets out to explain the current situation in immunization science, including where there is consensus in the scientific …
Author: Australian Academy of Science
- A Vaccine Cold Chain Freezing Study in PNG Highlights Technology Needs for Hot Climate Countries
Emphasis has long been placed on keeping vaccines cold, with less attention devoted to prevention of vaccine damage from freezing. Published reports and field evidence now demonstrate that freezing of vaccines in the cold chain is commonplace, …
Author: Wirkas T, Toikilik S, Miller N, Morgan C, Clements CJ
- Vaccine Vial Monitor (VVM) Availability and Use in the African, Eastern Mediterranean, Southeast Asian, and Western Pacific Regions
This document reports on a study of vaccine vial monitor (VVM) availability and use in developing countries in four regions. The study included three aspects: the total proportion of vaccines with VVMs in the regions with detailed information by …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization