Total results with these characteristics: 934
- Evaluating Immunization Information on the Web
This website provides tips on how to evaluate information on the internet regarding diseases and vaccines.
Author: National Network for Immunization Information
- Evaluation of Anatomic Changes in Young Children with Natural Rotavirus Infection: Is Intussusception Biologically Plausible?
This study, published in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, explores the biological plausibility of intussusception caused by natural rotavirus infection.
Author: Robinson C, Hernanz-Schulman M, Zhu Y, et al.
- An Evaluation of the Emerging Interventions Against Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)-Associated Acute Lower Respiratory Infections in Children
This article, published in BMC Public Health, summarizes the results of a literature review and an expert opinion exercise to evaluate the best course of protection against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) for children in the developing world, …
Author: Nair H, Verma VR, Theodoratou E, et al.
- Evaluation of Vaccines Against Enteric Infections: A Clinical and Public Health Research Agenda for Developing Countries
This article, from the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, provides a review of the enteric vaccines currently available and their lack of use in developing countries. The author purports that the reasons for this are multiple and …
Author: Clemens J
- Every Child by Two
This organization, founded by Former First Lady of the United States Rosalynn Carter and Former First Lady of Arkansas Betty Bumpers, focuses on reducing infant mortality through timely immunization.
Author: Every Child by Two
- The Evidence for Using Conjugate Vaccines to Protect HIV-Infected Children Against Pneumococcal Disease
Published in The Lancet, this review summarises available data on the burden of pneumococcal disease and the safety and efficacy of PCVs in HIV-infected children. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in developing countries can gain free access to …
Author: Bliss SJ, O'Brien KL, Janoff EN, et al.
- Evidence of Support for Improved Cervical Cancer Prevention in Developing Countries
This web page contains a dossier that includes statements of support for improved cervical cancer control from governments, organizations, and individuals in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and other regions. The letters, video messages, editorials, …
Author: Cervical Cancer Action, International Union Against Cancer, PATH
- Expanding Prevention of Invasive Meningococcal Disease
This article, published in Expert Review of Vaccines, discusses morbidity and mortality due to meningococcal serogroups A, C, Y, and W-135 and the ability of monovalent meningococcal serogroup C conjugate (MCC) vaccines to reduce the burden of …
Author: Pelton SI, Gilmet GP
- Expanding Vaccine Solutions Against Influenza
This fact sheet highlights PATH's multifaceted approach to expanding vaccine solutions against pandemic and seasonal influenza that are optimal for the developing world. It describes our efforts to advance the development of promising new influenza …
- Exploitation of Physiology and Metabolomics to Identify Pneumococcal Vaccine Candidates
This article, published in Expert Review of Vaccines, summarizes ways in which genome-wide techniques can help decipher factors associated with the fitness, metabolism, and virulence of Streptococcus pneumoniae that could help lead to the …
Author: Schulz C, Hammerschmidt S
- Exploring New, Non-replicating Rotavirus Vaccines
This fact sheet summarizes the technical efforts and objectives of PATH's non-replicating rotavirus vaccine (NRRV) development project. It outlines the vaccine candidates under evaluation and primary partners, as well as the rationale for the NRRV …
- Facts for Life: Immunization
These fact sheets provide information about vaccination for families and communities.
Author: United Nations Children's Fund
- Fatal Neglect: How Health Systems Are Failing to Comprehensively Address Child Mortality
WaterAid's report Fatal Neglect: How Health Systems Are Failing to Comprehensively Address Child Mortality shows how the aid system is not responding to the causes of child mortality in a targeted manner. The international health agenda is failing …
Author: WaterAid America
- Fears of Hepatitis B Vaccine Unfounded
This article addresses concerns about hepatitis B vaccination and emphasizes the positive health benefits of immunization.
- Fighting Malaria Today and Tomorrow
This fact sheet describes PATH's work in malaria control and prevention, including its work under the Malaria Control and Evaluation Partnership in Africa and the PATH Malaria Vaccine Initiative.
- Financing Assessment Tool for Immunization Services: Guidelines for Performing a Country Assessment
On behalf of Partnerships for Health Reform, this immunization financing tool is intended for in-depth, systematic evaluations of the costs and financing of immunization programs. The tool offers a checklist and tables that guide the user through …
Author: Kaddar M, Makinen M, Khan M
- Finding the Final Fifth: Inequalities in Immunisation
Despite global progress, there is still a long way to go until the full benefits of immunization are enjoyed by all children. In 2010, almost one in five children – nearly 20 million – did not receive the most basic vaccinations that all …
Author: Save the Children
- Flu (Influenza)
This web page provides key information about influenza, including seasonal, avian, and pandemic influenza. Resources include information on causes, symptoms, prevention, and treatment for influenza.
Author: US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Formulation of a Killed Whole Cell Pneumococcus Vaccine—Effect of Aluminum Adjuvants on the Antibody and IL-17 Response
This article, published in the Journal of Immune Based Therapies and Vaccines, describes preclinical research which demonstrates that a vaccine composed of killed whole cell, nonencapsulated pneumococci and formulated with aluminum hydroxide induces …
Author: HogenEsch H, Dunham A, Hansen B, Anderson K, Maisonneuve JF, Hem SL
- "A" Frame for Advocacy
A website defining key components of public policy advocacy.
Author: Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
- Framework for Conducting a Self-Assessment of National Progress in Injection Waste Management, Version 1
This tool was developed to provide a simple, efficient framework for conducting a self-assessment of health care waste-management (HCWM) planning at the national level. By collecting data on key achievements, knowledge, and practices at …
- The Framework for OpenLMIS
There is a growing trend within low- and lower-middle-income countries and the development community working in those countries away from standalone information system projects toward comprehensive, enterprise-level health information systems. …
- Freeze-Protection of Aluminum-Adjuvanted Vaccines: PATH Formulation Technology
PATH has developed a low-cost and straightforward approach for protecting aluminum-adjuvanted vaccines from irreversible damage that results from freezing. Many current vaccines of importance to global health contain an aluminum-salt adjuvant (such …
- Freezing Temperatures in the Vaccine Cold Chain: A Systematic Literature Review
This analysis, published in the journal Vaccine, highlights the pervasiveness of accidental freezing across the cold chain and makes recommendations for addressing the problem. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in developing countries can gain free …
Author: Matthias DM, Robertson J, Garrison MM, Newland S, Nelson C
- Frequently Asked Questions About Immunization
A resource for frequently asked questions that aim to establish facts and myths on immunizing your children.
Author: KidsHealth, Nemours Foundation