Total results with these characteristics: 1437
- Cost-Effectiveness of Introducing a Rotavirus Vaccine in Developing Countries: The Case of Mexico
This study, published in BMC Infectious Diseases, developed a model to compare the cost and disease burden of rotavirus in unvaccinated children in Mexico. The study determined that it would be highly cost-effective to include rotavirus vaccine …
Author: Valencia-Mendoza A, Bertozzi SM, Gutierrez JP, Itzler R
- Cost-Effectiveness of Japanese Encephalitis Vaccination
This fact sheet summarizes methods and results of cost-effectiveness analyses performed by PATH and its partners to determine the economic implications of introducing JE vaccine programs. The fact sheet is an excerpt from a larger, comprehensive …
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Rotavirus Vaccination in Armenia
This article, published in Vaccine, evaluates the cost-effectiveness of introducing infant rotavirus vaccination in Armenia in 2012 using Rotarix(R)® using a multiple birth cohort model. The model considered the cost and health implications of …
Author: Jit M, Yuzbashyan R, Sahakyan G, Avagyan T, Mosina L
- Cost-Effectiveness of Routine Immunization to Control Japanese Encephalitis in Shanghai, China
From the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, this article investigates the cost-effectiveness of JE immunization in China and demonstrates that a JE immunization program can be a cost-saving intervention for countries.
Author: Ding D, Kilgore PE, Clemens JD, Liu W, Xu Z
- Costs and Impact of Meningitis Epidemics for the Public Health System in Burkina Faso
Epidemic meningococcal meningitis remains a serious health threat in the African meningitis belt. New meningococcal conjugate vaccines are relatively costly and their efficiency will depend on cost savings realized from no longer having to respond …
Author: Colombini A, Badolo O, Gessner BD, Jaillard P, Seini E, Da Silva A
- Costs for Households and Community Perception of Meningitis Epidemics in Burkina Faso
This article, published in Clinical Infectious Diseases, discusses an anthropologic and economic study in Burkina Faso to understand perceptions and behavior relative to meningitis and to determine the cost of illness from bacterial …
Author: Colombini A, Bationo F, Zongo S, et al.
- Costs of Community-Acquired Pediatric Rotavirus Gastroenteritis in 7 European Countries: The REVEAL Study
Investigators found that rotavirus gastroenteritis incurs considerable use of health care resources and results in substantial costs for families of patients and employers. Routine rotavirus vaccination could significantly reduce the related …
Author: Giaquinto C, Van Damme P, Huet F, Gothefors L, Van der Wielen M
- Costs of Meningitis Sequelae in Children in Dakar, Senegal
In economic evaluations of vaccines protecting against meningitis, treatment and productivity costs due to meningitis sequelae are rarely included in studies from low-income countries, mainly due to lack of data. This study, published in The …
Author: Griffiths UK, Dieye Y, Fleming J, Hajjeh R, Edmond K
- Cotton Rats Previously Immunized With a Chimeric RSV FG Glycoprotein Develop Enhanced Pulmonary Pathology When Infected With RSV, a Phenomenon not Encountered Following Immunization With Vaccinia-RSV Recombinants or RSV
In studies conducted in the 1960s, children previously immunized with a formalin-inactivated respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine (FI-RSV) developed a greater incidence and severity of pulmonary disease during subsequent natural RSV infection …
Author: Connors M, Collins PL, Firestone CY, et al.
- Coverage, Cost, and Safety Impacts of Primary Container Choice
A single decision on the size and type of a vaccine container can have significant implications on the safety, affordability, and coverage of vaccination in routine and campaign settings. Choosing a single-dose vial instead of a multi-dose container …
Author: International Vaccine Access Center
- Creating a Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance System in Vietnam
This document provides details on PATH's partnership with the National Expanded Program on Immunization in Vietnam to enhance surveillance of JE disease and inform future immunization program planning.
- Critical Episodes in the Understanding and Control of Epidemic Meningococcal Meningitis
Epidemic meningococcal meningitis continues to be an important worldwide cause of morbidity and mortality, especially in developing countries. Throughout its history, a number of "critical episodes" have occurred that have enhanced understanding of …
Author: Artenstein AW, LaForce FM
- Cross-Reactive Antibody Responses to the 2009 Pandemic H1N1 Influenza Virus
This article, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, describes a study to assess preexisting immunity in humans to the new pandemic influenza A(H1N1) virus in order to evaluate seasonal vaccine strategies. Researchers used a …
Author: Hancock K, Veguilla V, Lu X, et al.
- The Cure That Kills
This paper examines the health risks posed by unsafe injections in Africa and outlines some of the programs that are helping reduce these risks.
Author: Practical Patient Care
- Current Concepts in Host-Microbe Interaction Leading to Pneumococcal Pneumonia
This article, published in Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases, reviews new insights into the pathogenesis of pneumococcal disease. The authors discuss new mechanisms by which microbial factors govern the ability of pneumococcus to progress from …
Author: Vernatter J, Pirofski L
- Current HPV Vaccines and Future AIDS Vaccines: Common Challenges and Unprecedented Opportunities
This issue brief discusses how ensuring swift and efficient HPV vaccine introduction in developing countries will not only help address the burden of cervical cancer, but will also provide a valuable opportunity for AIDS vaccine researchers and …
Author: AIDS Vaccine Advocacy Coalition, International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, PATH
- Current Knowledge Regarding the Investigational 13-valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine
This article, published in Expert Reviews of Vaccines, explains the latest knowledge about the investigational 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV-13). It outlines the composition of the vaccine and the trials it has undergone to date …
Author: Dinleyici EC, Yargic ZA
- Current Use and Development of Vaccines for Japanese Encephalitis
This literature review, published in Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, analyzes use of current JE vaccines and development of alternative vaccine candidates. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in developing countries can gain free access to …
Author: Beasley D, Lewthwaite P, Solomon T.
- A Decade of Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance in Sarawak, Malaysia: 1997-2006
From the journal Tropical Medicine and International Health, this summary of surveillance data from Malaysia reveals seasonal peak incidence, age distribution of JE cases, and effect of the JE immunization program on disease incidence.
Author: Wong SC, Ooi MH, Abdullah AR, et al.
- Decade of Vaccines
This supplement to Vaccine features articles on the Decade of Vaccines Global Vaccine Action Plan strategic objectives and the opportunities and challenges associated with its implementation. The 27 articles in the supplement cover a range of …
Author: Alonso PL, de Quadros CA, Lal AA, eds.
- Decade of Vaccines Collaboration
This website provides information about the Decade of Vaccines (DoV) Collaboration, a time-limited consultation process which, as planned, dissolved at the end of 2012. The DoV Collaboration brought together diverse stakeholders to develop a Global …
Author: Decade of Vaccines Collaboration
- Decline in Invasive Pneumococcal Disease After the Introduction of Protein-Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccine
Published in the New England Journal of Medicine, this study examined population-based data from the Active Bacterial Core Surveillance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to evaluate changes in the burden of invasive disease, defined …
Author: Whitney C, Farley M, Hadler J, et al.
- Decline in Pneumonia Admissions After Routine Childhood Immunization with Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine in the USA: A Time-Series Analysis
Published in The Lancet, this article assesses the effect of routine infant immunization with seven-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV7) on rates of all-cause and pneumococcal pneumonia admissions. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in …
Author: Grijalva CG, Nuorti JP, Arbogast PG, et al.
This website provides comprehensive resources on diarrheal disease treatment interventions, including low-osmolarity oral rehydration solution, zinc treatment, and rotavirus vaccines. Traditional interventions such as improved sanitation and …
- Definition and Characterization of Localised Meningitis Epidemics in Burkina Faso: A Longitudinal Retrospective Study
The epidemiology of meningococcal meningitis in the African meningitis belt is characterized by seasonality, localized epidemics, and epidemic waves. To facilitate research and surveillance, the authors of this article, published in BMC Infectious …
Author: Tall H, Hugonnet S, Donnen P, et al.