Topic: Disease/vaccine specific information
Total results with these characteristics: 996
- Current Knowledge Regarding the Investigational 13-valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine
This article, published in Expert Reviews of Vaccines, explains the latest knowledge about the investigational 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV-13). It outlines the composition of the vaccine and the trials it has undergone to date …
Author: Dinleyici EC, Yargic ZA
- Current PATH Initiatives in Cervical Cancer Prevention
This fact sheet summarizes PATH's current work in cervical cancer prevention. Since PATH began to focus on cervical cancer in 1991, its portfolio has expanded to cover the full range of technologies and approaches for the prevention of cervical …
- Current Use and Development of Vaccines for Japanese Encephalitis
This literature review, published in Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, analyzes use of current JE vaccines and development of alternative vaccine candidates. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in developing countries can gain free access to …
Author: Beasley D, Lewthwaite P, Solomon T.
- A Decade of Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance in Sarawak, Malaysia: 1997-2006
From the journal Tropical Medicine and International Health, this summary of surveillance data from Malaysia reveals seasonal peak incidence, age distribution of JE cases, and effect of the JE immunization program on disease incidence.
Author: Wong SC, Ooi MH, Abdullah AR, et al.
- Decline in Invasive Pneumococcal Disease After the Introduction of Protein-Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccine
Published in the New England Journal of Medicine, this study examined population-based data from the Active Bacterial Core Surveillance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to evaluate changes in the burden of invasive disease, defined …
Author: Whitney C, Farley M, Hadler J, et al.
- Decline in Pneumonia Admissions After Routine Childhood Immunization with Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine in the USA: A Time-Series Analysis
Published in The Lancet, this article assesses the effect of routine infant immunization with seven-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV7) on rates of all-cause and pneumococcal pneumonia admissions. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in …
Author: Grijalva CG, Nuorti JP, Arbogast PG, et al.
- Decline in Severe Diarrhea Hospitalizations After the Introduction of Rotavirus Vaccination in Ghana: A Prevalence Study
This article, published in BMC Infectious Diseases, reports on the results of a study that examined diarrheal hospitalizations of children aged 59 months and younger before and after the introduction of rotavirus vaccination in Ghana. The results …
Author: Enweronu-Laryea CC, Boamah I, Sifah E, Diamenu SK, Armah G
This website provides comprehensive resources on diarrheal disease treatment interventions, including low-osmolarity oral rehydration solution, zinc treatment, and rotavirus vaccines. Traditional interventions such as improved sanitation and …
- Delivering Cervical Cancer Prevention in the Developing World
This report highlights new partnerships and innovations in cervical cancer prevention and treatment. It also provides profiles of success in increasing access to HPV vaccines and treatment from around the world, with country spotlights on Mexico, …
Author: Women Deliver
- Delivering MenAfriVac Using the Controlled Temperature Chain Approach
In November 2012, the first immunization campaign to use a controlled temperature chain (CTC) took place in northern Benin. This photo set by project Optimize contains images taken during the campaign, where more than 155,000 people were vaccinated …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Detecting Meningococcal Meningitis Epidemics in Highly-Endemic African Countries
This article, published in the World Health Organization's (WHO's) Weekly Epidemiological Record, provides the WHO recommendation for detecting and responding to meningococcal meningitis epidemics in highly-endemic countries in Africa. In each …
Author: World Health Organization
- Developing New Vaccines Against Pneumonia and Other Pneumococcal Diseases
This fact sheet, issued by PATH, outlines PATH's pneumococcal vaccine project from a technical perspective, including an overview of PATH's vaccine development portfolio, research activities, and partners to support the development of vaccines …
- Development and Clinical Evaluation of Prevnar 13, a 13-Valent Pneumocococcal CRM197 Conjugate Vaccine
This article, published in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, discusses the development, clinical evaluation, and postlicensure impact of the 13-valent pneumococcal CRM(197) protein conjugate vaccine, PCV13, (Prevnar 13®). ABSTRACT …
Author: Gruber WC, Scott DA, Emini EA
- Development and Implementation of a National Programme for the Management of Severe and Very Severe Pneumonia in Children in Malawi
This article, published in PLoS Medicine, provides an overview of the development and implementation of a national program for the management of severe and very severe childhood pneumonia in Malawi. Based on a successful delivery model used by the …
Author: Enarson PM, Gie R, Enarson DA, Mwansambo C
- Development and Preclinical Evaluation of Safety and Immunogenicity of an Oral ETEC Vaccine Containing Inactivated E. coli Bacteria Overexpressing Colonization Factors CFA/I, CS3, CS5 and CS6 Combined With a Hybrid LT/CT B Subunit Antigen, Administered Alone and Together With dmLT Adjuvant
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the development and preclinical testing of new oral vaccine against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) administered alone and in combination with an adjuvant. The studies found that oral …
Author: Holmgren J, Bourgeois L, Carlin N, et al.
- Development and Technology Transfer of Haemophilus influenzae type b Conjugate Vaccines for Developing Countries
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the development of a Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine at the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment/Netherlands Vaccine Institute (RIVM/NVI), and the subsequent …
Author: Beurret M, Hamidi A, Kreeftenberg H
- Development of a Fast-Dissolving Tablet Formulation of a Live Attenuated Enterotoxigenic E. coli Vaccine Candidate
A fast-dissolving tablet (FDT) that could be packaged in a compact stackable blister sheet is a potentially attractive option for formulating oral vaccines, since it would minimally impact the cold chain and could potentially be administered …
Author: Lal M, Priddy S, Bourgeois L, et al.
- Development of a Group A Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine, MenAfriVac™
Group A meningococcal disease has been an important public health problem in sub-Saharan Africa for over a century. From 2003 to 2009 a monovalent group A conjugate vaccine, MenAfriVac™, was developed through an innovative public/private …
Author: Frasch C, Preziosi M-P, LaForce FM
- Development of a Humanized Monoclonal Antibody (MEDI-493) With Potent In Vitro and In Vivo Activity Against Respiratory Syncytial Virus
This article, published in The Journal of Infectious Diseases, details a preclinical study evaluating the ability of a humanized monoclonal antibody, MEDI-493 (later named palivizumab and marketed at Synagis®), to recognize a conserved …
Author: Johnson S, Oliver C, Prince GA, et al.
- Development of a Low-Dose Challenge Model for Evaluation of Vaccines for Enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC) in Volunteers
This presentation from the Vaccines for Enteric Diseases conference provides results from a clinical trial that found the human challenge model currently being used to test vaccines against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) is utilizing a …
Author: Harro C, DeNearing B, Marcum A, et al.
- Development of Antibodies Against the Putative Proteinase Maturation Protein A in Relation to Pneumococcal Carriage and Otitis Media
Published in FEMS Immunology and Medical Microbiology, this article examines serum anti-pneumococcal proteinase maturation protein A antibodies at 6, 12, 18 and 24 months of age, and showed that the age-related development of antipneumococcal …
Author: Bogaert D, Holmlund E, Lahdenkari M, et al.
- Development of Lactococcal GEM-Based Pneumococcal Vaccines
Published in the journal Vaccine, this article reports on the development of a novel protein-based nasal vaccine against Streptococcus pneumoniae, in which three pneumococcal proteins were displayed on the surface of a non-recombinant, killed …
Author: Audouy S, van Selm S, van Roosmalen M, et al.
- The Development of Live, Attenuated Rotavirus Vaccines: A Manufacturer's Resource Guide
This guide is a compilation of publicly available information about the manufacturing process of rotavirus vaccines, and aims to provide a resource for manufacturers interested in developing and registering an attenuated, oral rotavirus vaccine. …
Author: PATH, GAVI Alliance
- Development of Vaccines Against Meningococcal Disease
This article, published in the Lancet, reviews the currently available vaccines against meningococcal disease, as well as research and development efforts toward the development of additional vaccines against the disease. ABSTRACT …
Author: Jódar L, Feavers IM, Salisbury D, Granoff DM
- Diagnostic and Laboratory Testing Aspects of JE
This slide presentation give an overivew of the diagnostic and laboratory testing aspects of JE and can be apdated to fit your audience.