Topic: Disease/vaccine specific information
Total results with these characteristics: 980
- Decline in Pneumonia Admissions After Routine Childhood Immunization with Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine in the USA: A Time-Series Analysis
Published in The Lancet, this article assesses the effect of routine infant immunization with seven-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV7) on rates of all-cause and pneumococcal pneumonia admissions. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in …
Author: Grijalva CG, Nuorti JP, Arbogast PG, et al.
This website provides comprehensive resources on diarrheal disease treatment interventions, including low-osmolarity oral rehydration solution, zinc treatment, and rotavirus vaccines. Traditional interventions such as improved sanitation and …
- Delivering Cervical Cancer Prevention in the Developing World
This report highlights new partnerships and innovations in cervical cancer prevention and treatment. It also provides profiles of success in increasing access to HPV vaccines and treatment from around the world, with country spotlights on Mexico, …
Author: Women Deliver
- Delivering MenAfriVac Using the Controlled Temperature Chain Approach
In November 2012, the first immunization campaign to use a controlled temperature chain (CTC) took place in northern Benin. This photo set by project Optimize contains images taken during the campaign, where more than 155,000 people were vaccinated …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Detecting Meningococcal Meningitis Epidemics in Highly-Endemic African Countries
This article, published in the World Health Organization's (WHO's) Weekly Epidemiological Record, provides the WHO recommendation for detecting and responding to meningococcal meningitis epidemics in highly-endemic countries in Africa. In each …
Author: World Health Organization
- Developing New Vaccines Against Pneumonia and Other Pneumococcal Diseases
This fact sheet, issued by PATH, outlines PATH's pneumococcal vaccine project from a technical perspective, including an overview of PATH's vaccine development portfolio, research activities, and partners to support the development of vaccines …
- Development and Clinical Evaluation of Prevnar 13, a 13-Valent Pneumocococcal CRM197 Conjugate Vaccine
This article, published in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, discusses the development, clinical evaluation, and postlicensure impact of the 13-valent pneumococcal CRM(197) protein conjugate vaccine, PCV13, (Prevnar 13®). ABSTRACT …
Author: Gruber WC, Scott DA, Emini EA
- Development and Implementation of a National Programme for the Management of Severe and Very Severe Pneumonia in Children in Malawi
This article, published in PLoS Medicine, provides an overview of the development and implementation of a national program for the management of severe and very severe childhood pneumonia in Malawi. Based on a successful delivery model used by the …
Author: Enarson PM, Gie R, Enarson DA, Mwansambo C
- Development and Preclinical Evaluation of Safety and Immunogenicity of an Oral ETEC Vaccine Containing Inactivated E. coli Bacteria Overexpressing Colonization Factors CFA/I, CS3, CS5 and CS6 Combined With a Hybrid LT/CT B Subunit Antigen, Administered Alone and Together With dmLT Adjuvant
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the development and preclinical testing of new oral vaccine against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) administered alone and in combination with an adjuvant. The studies found that oral …
Author: Holmgren J, Bourgeois L, Carlin N, et al.
- Development and Technology Transfer of Haemophilus influenzae type b Conjugate Vaccines for Developing Countries
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the development of a Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine at the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment/Netherlands Vaccine Institute (RIVM/NVI), and the subsequent …
Author: Beurret M, Hamidi A, Kreeftenberg H
- Development of a Fast-Dissolving Tablet Formulation of a Live Attenuated Enterotoxigenic E. coli Vaccine Candidate
A fast-dissolving tablet (FDT) that could be packaged in a compact stackable blister sheet is a potentially attractive option for formulating oral vaccines, since it would minimally impact the cold chain and could potentially be administered …
Author: Lal M, Priddy S, Bourgeois L, et al.
- Development of a Group A Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine, MenAfriVac™
Group A meningococcal disease has been an important public health problem in sub-Saharan Africa for over a century. From 2003 to 2009 a monovalent group A conjugate vaccine, MenAfriVac™, was developed through an innovative public/private …
Author: Frasch C, Preziosi M-P, LaForce FM
- Development of a Humanized Monoclonal Antibody (MEDI-493) With Potent In Vitro and In Vivo Activity Against Respiratory Syncytial Virus
This article, published in The Journal of Infectious Diseases, details a preclinical study evaluating the ability of a humanized monoclonal antibody, MEDI-493 (later named palivizumab and marketed at Synagis®), to recognize a conserved …
Author: Johnson S, Oliver C, Prince GA, et al.
- Development of a Low-Dose Challenge Model for Evaluation of Vaccines for Enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC) in Volunteers
This presentation from the Vaccines for Enteric Diseases conference provides results from a clinical trial that found the human challenge model currently being used to test vaccines against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) is utilizing a …
Author: Harro C, DeNearing B, Marcum A, et al.
- Development of Antibodies Against the Putative Proteinase Maturation Protein A in Relation to Pneumococcal Carriage and Otitis Media
Published in FEMS Immunology and Medical Microbiology, this article examines serum anti-pneumococcal proteinase maturation protein A antibodies at 6, 12, 18 and 24 months of age, and showed that the age-related development of antipneumococcal …
Author: Bogaert D, Holmlund E, Lahdenkari M, et al.
- Development of Lactococcal GEM-Based Pneumococcal Vaccines
Published in the journal Vaccine, this article reports on the development of a novel protein-based nasal vaccine against Streptococcus pneumoniae, in which three pneumococcal proteins were displayed on the surface of a non-recombinant, killed …
Author: Audouy S, van Selm S, van Roosmalen M, et al.
- The Development of Live, Attenuated Rotavirus Vaccines: A Manufacturer's Resource Guide
This guide is a compilation of publicly available information about the manufacturing process of rotavirus vaccines, and aims to provide a resource for manufacturers interested in developing and registering an attenuated, oral rotavirus vaccine. …
Author: PATH, GAVI Alliance
- Development of Vaccines Against Meningococcal Disease
This article, published in the Lancet, reviews the currently available vaccines against meningococcal disease, as well as research and development efforts toward the development of additional vaccines against the disease. ABSTRACT …
Author: Jódar L, Feavers IM, Salisbury D, Granoff DM
- Diagnostic and Laboratory Testing Aspects of JE
This slide presentation give an overivew of the diagnostic and laboratory testing aspects of JE and can be apdated to fit your audience.
- Diarrheal Disease: Solutions to Defeat a Global Killer
Diarrheal Disease: Solutions to Defeat a Global Killer presents scientific evidence to support strategies to scale up use of interventions, including safe water, improved sanitation and hygiene, breastfeeding and optimal complementary feeding, …
- Diarrhoea: Why Children Are Still Dying and What Can Be Done
This joint report from the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) focuses attention on the prevention and management of diarrheal diseases. It examines the latest available information on the burden of childhood …
Author: World Health Organization, United Nations Children's Fund
- Diarrhoea-Related Hospitalizations in Children Before and After Implementation of Monovalent Rotavirus Vaccination in Mexico
This article, published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, reports on a study that compared the incidence of diarrhea in young children before and after the national introduction of monovalent rotavirus vaccine in Mexico. The results …
Author: Esparza-Aguilar M, Gastañaduy PA, Sánchez-Uribe E, et al.
- Direct and Indirect Effects of Rotavirus Vaccination Upon Childhood Hospitalizations in 3 US Counties, 2006–2009
This article, published in Clinical Infectious Diseases, is about an active, population-based surveillance for rotavirus gastroenteritis hospitalizations in three United States counties to assess the impact of rotavirus vaccines. The study …
Author: Payne DC, Staat MA, Edwards KM, et al.
- Disease Burden Due to Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) in the First Two Years of Life in an Urban Community in Bangladesh
Published in Infection and Immunity, a cohort of 321 children were followed from birth up to two years to determine the incidence of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) in Bangladesh. Children with ETEC diarrhea were underweight and stunted …
Author: Qadri F, Saha A, Ahmed T
- Disease Outbreak News
This web page provides frequently updated information about current disease outbreaks, as well as disease-specific archives of past alerts and links to related resources.
Author: World Health Organization