Total results with these characteristics: 964
- Development of Lactococcal GEM-Based Pneumococcal Vaccines
Published in the journal Vaccine, this article reports on the development of a novel protein-based nasal vaccine against Streptococcus pneumoniae, in which three pneumococcal proteins were displayed on the surface of a non-recombinant, killed …
Author: Audouy S, van Selm S, van Roosmalen M, et al.
- The Development of Live, Attenuated Rotavirus Vaccines: A Manufacturer's Resource Guide
This guide is a compilation of publicly available information about the manufacturing process of rotavirus vaccines, and aims to provide a resource for manufacturers interested in developing and registering an attenuated, oral rotavirus vaccine. …
Author: PATH, GAVI Alliance
- Development of Strategies to Overcome Barriers to Effective Mucosal Immunization of Infants in Developing Countries
This issue of the Old Herborn University Seminar Monograph provides a summary of the discussions at an expert workshop hosted by the Old Herborn University Foundation in June 2010. The discussions were held to examine the mechanisms that may …
Author: Heidt PJ, Walker RI, Rusch V, eds.
- Development of Vaccines Against Meningococcal Disease
This article, published in the Lancet, reviews the currently available vaccines against meningococcal disease, as well as research and development efforts toward the development of additional vaccines against the disease. ABSTRACT …
Author: Jódar L, Feavers IM, Salisbury D, Granoff DM
- Diagnostic and Laboratory Testing Aspects of JE
This slide presentation give an overivew of the diagnostic and laboratory testing aspects of JE and can be apdated to fit your audience.
- Diarrheal Disease: Solutions to Defeat a Global Killer
Diarrheal Disease: Solutions to Defeat a Global Killer presents scientific evidence to support strategies to scale up use of interventions, including safe water, improved sanitation and hygiene, breastfeeding and optimal complementary feeding, …
- Diarrhoea: Why Children Are Still Dying and What Can Be Done
This joint report from the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) focuses attention on the prevention and management of diarrheal diseases. It examines the latest available information on the burden of childhood …
Author: World Health Organization, United Nations Children's Fund
- Direct-Drive Solar Vaccine Refrigerators—A New Choice for Vaccine Storage
This evidence brief developed by project Optimize is directed toward supply chain managers in low- and middle-income countries and provides information about direct-drive solar refrigerators, which may be a good option for vaccine storage in areas …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Directory of Immunization Resources
This web page provides an extensive directory of immunization resources for health care professionals, including information on particular diseases and vaccines, immunization schedules, and frequently asked questions. The resources are gathered from …
Author: Immunization Action Coalition
- Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries, Second Edition
A comprehensive global health examination, this book contributes substantially to global initiatives to improve the health of all peoples by providing a multidisciplinary understanding of fundamental issues and challenges, as well as effective …
Author: Disease Control Priorities Project
- Disease Outbreak News
This web page provides frequently updated information about current disease outbreaks, as well as disease-specific archives of past alerts and links to related resources.
Author: World Health Organization
- Diseases and the Vaccines That Prevent Them
This series of fact sheets describes symptoms of infection as well as the benefits and risk of vaccination for 14 diseases, including hepatitis B, Haemophilus influenzae type b, influenza, pneumococcal disease, polio, and rotavirus. There …
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Disposable-Syringe Jet Injectors
Jet injectors deliver vaccines and medicines without using needles. PATH has worked with several disposable-syringe jet injector developers to advance designs that are suitable and affordable for routine and campaign immunization programs in …
- Dissociation Between Serum Neutralizing and Glycoprotein Antibody Responses of Infants and Children Who Received Inactivated Respiratory Syncytial Virus Vaccine
In the 1960s a respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine was evaluated in infants and young children. Vaccinees who received formalin-inactivated RSV during early infancy developed more serious lower-respiratory-tract disease when infected with the …
Author: Murphy BR, Prince GA, Walsh EE, et al.
- Distributional Impact of Rotavirus Vaccination in 25 GAVI Countries: Estimating Disparities in Benefits and Cost-Effectiveness
This article, published in Vaccine, reports on an analysis that combines the results of a country-level model of rotavirus vaccination published elsewhere with data from Demographic and Health Surveys on within-country patterns of vaccine coverage …
Author: Rheingans R, Atherly D, Anderson J
- DNA Vaccine Delivery by Densely-Packed and Short Microprojection Arrays to Skin Protects Against Vaginal HSV-2 Challenge
This article, published in Vaccine, reports on a study that investigates the tolerability, immunogenicity, and efficacy of a plasmid DNA vaccine encoding the extracellular domain of gD2 using the Nanopatch™, a recently devised silicon …
Author: Kask AS, Chen X, Marshak JO, et al.
- DNA Vaccines Expressing Pneumococcal Surface Protein A (PspA) Elicit Protection Levels Comparable to Recombinant Protein
This article, published in the Journal of Medical Microbiology, provide results that show that DNA vaccines expressing PspA are able to elicit protection levels comparable to recombinant protein, even though total anti-PspA IgG response is …
Author: Ferreira DM, Miyaji EN, Oliveira MLS, et al.
- DOD and PATH: Collaborations Enhance Health for the World's Poorest People
This fact sheet describes how PATH and the US Department of Defense (DOD) collaborate to enhance the health of the world’s poorest people and presents a sampling of PATH projects, including work on vaccines to prevent diarrhea and vaccine …
- Economic Costs of Rotavirus Gastroenteritis and Cost-Effectiveness of Vaccination in Developing Countries
This article, published in The Journal of Infectious Diseases, evaluated the economic burden of rotavirus and the cost-effectiveness of vaccination from the health care perspective. The authors found that rotavirus vaccination would annually prevent …
Author: Rheingans RD, Antil L, Dreibelbis R, Podewils LJ, Bresee JS, Parashar UD
- Economic Evaluations of Rotavirus Immunization for Developing Countries: A Review of the Literature
This article, published in Expert Review of Vaccines, analyzes the cost-effectiveness of universal rotavirus immunization in developing countries. The authors identified and evaluated 15 cost-effectiveness studies conducted in the developing world. …
Author: Tu HA, Woerdenbag HJ, Kane S, Rozenbaum MH, Li SC, Postma MJ
- Economics of Immunization: A Guide to the Literature and Other Resources
This 87-page document identifies literature and web resources on costing, cost-benefit analyses, financing, and policy among other issues.
Author: World Health Organization, US Agency for International Development, and Partners in Health Reform Plus
- Edward Jenner and the Discovery of Vaccination
This online exhibition showcases rare books and historical documents dealing with immunization, with a focus on Edward Jenner's role in the discovery of vaccination. His research was based on careful case studies and clinical observation more than a …
Author: Thomas Cooper Library, University of South Carolina
- Effect of a Conjugate Pneumococcal Vaccine on the Occurrence of Respiratory Infections and Antibiotic Use in Day-Care Center Attendees
Published in the Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, this article examines whether the use of a pneumococcal conjugate vaccine could reduce the occurrence of respiratory infections and the ensuing antibiotic drug use in the day care. In this …
Author: Dagan R, Sikuler-Cohen M, Zamir O, et al.
- Effect of Combined Pneumococcal Conjugate and Polysaccharide Vaccination on Recurrent Otitis Media with Effusion
Published in the journal Pediatrics, this article assess the effect of combined pneumococcal conjugate and polysaccharide vaccinations on the recurrence of otitis media through a randomised, controlled trial.
Author: van Heerbeek N, Straetemans M, Wiertsema SP
- Effect of Vaccines on Bacterial Meningitis Worldwide
This article, published in The Lancet, focuses on the three most common causes of acute bacterial meningitis: Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, and Neisseria meningitidis. The authors compare patterns of meningitis attributable to …
Author: McIntyre PB, O'Brien KL, Greenwood B, van de Beek D