Total results with these characteristics: 925
- Direct-Drive Solar Vaccine Refrigerators—A New Choice for Vaccine Storage
This evidence brief developed by project Optimize is directed toward supply chain managers in low- and middle-income countries and provides information about direct-drive solar refrigerators, which may be a good option for vaccine storage in areas …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Directory of Immunization Resources
This web page provides an extensive directory of immunization resources for health care professionals, including information on particular diseases and vaccines, immunization schedules, and frequently asked questions. The resources are gathered from …
Author: Immunization Action Coalition
- Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries, Second Edition
A comprehensive global health examination, this book contributes substantially to global initiatives to improve the health of all peoples by providing a multidisciplinary understanding of fundamental issues and challenges, as well as effective …
Author: Disease Control Priorities Project
- Disease Outbreak News
This web page provides frequently updated information about current disease outbreaks, as well as disease-specific archives of past alerts and links to related resources.
Author: World Health Organization
- Diseases and the Vaccines That Prevent Them
This series of fact sheets describes symptoms of infection as well as the benefits and risk of vaccination for 14 diseases, including hepatitis B, Haemophilus influenzae type b, influenza, pneumococcal disease, polio, and rotavirus. There …
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Disposable-Syringe Jet Injectors
Jet injectors deliver vaccines and medicines without using needles. PATH has worked with several disposable-syringe jet injector developers to advance designs that are suitable and affordable for routine and campaign immunization programs in …
- Dissociation Between Serum Neutralizing and Glycoprotein Antibody Responses of Infants and Children Who Received Inactivated Respiratory Syncytial Virus Vaccine
In the 1960s a respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine was evaluated in infants and young children. Vaccinees who received formalin-inactivated RSV during early infancy developed more serious lower-respiratory-tract disease when infected with the …
Author: Murphy BR, Prince GA, Walsh EE, et al.
- Distributional Impact of Rotavirus Vaccination in 25 GAVI Countries: Estimating Disparities in Benefits and Cost-Effectiveness
This article, published in Vaccine, reports on an analysis that combines the results of a country-level model of rotavirus vaccination published elsewhere with data from Demographic and Health Surveys on within-country patterns of vaccine coverage …
Author: Rheingans R, Atherly D, Anderson J
- DNA Vaccine Delivery by Densely-Packed and Short Microprojection Arrays to Skin Protects Against Vaginal HSV-2 Challenge
This article, published in Vaccine, reports on a study that investigates the tolerability, immunogenicity, and efficacy of a plasmid DNA vaccine encoding the extracellular domain of gD2 using the Nanopatch™, a recently devised silicon …
Author: Kask AS, Chen X, Marshak JO, et al.
- DNA Vaccines Expressing Pneumococcal Surface Protein A (PspA) Elicit Protection Levels Comparable to Recombinant Protein
This article, published in the Journal of Medical Microbiology, provide results that show that DNA vaccines expressing PspA are able to elicit protection levels comparable to recombinant protein, even though total anti-PspA IgG response is …
Author: Ferreira DM, Miyaji EN, Oliveira MLS, et al.
- DOD and PATH: Collaborations Enhance Health for the World's Poorest People
This fact sheet describes how PATH and the US Department of Defense (DOD) collaborate to enhance the health of the world’s poorest people and presents a sampling of PATH projects, including work on vaccines to prevent diarrhea and vaccine …
- Economics of Immunization: A Guide to the Literature and Other Resources
This 87-page document identifies literature and web resources on costing, cost-benefit analyses, financing, and policy among other issues.
Author: World Health Organization, US Agency for International Development, and Partners in Health Reform Plus
- Edward Jenner and the Discovery of Vaccination
This online exhibition showcases rare books and historical documents dealing with immunization, with a focus on Edward Jenner's role in the discovery of vaccination. His research was based on careful case studies and clinical observation more than a …
Author: Thomas Cooper Library, University of South Carolina
- Effect of a Conjugate Pneumococcal Vaccine on the Occurrence of Respiratory Infections and Antibiotic Use in Day-Care Center Attendees
Published in the Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, this article examines whether the use of a pneumococcal conjugate vaccine could reduce the occurrence of respiratory infections and the ensuing antibiotic drug use in the day care. In this …
Author: Dagan R, Sikuler-Cohen M, Zamir O, et al.
- Effect of Combined Pneumococcal Conjugate and Polysaccharide Vaccination on Recurrent Otitis Media with Effusion
Published in the journal Pediatrics, this article assess the effect of combined pneumococcal conjugate and polysaccharide vaccinations on the recurrence of otitis media through a randomised, controlled trial.
Author: van Heerbeek N, Straetemans M, Wiertsema SP
- Effect of Vaccines on Bacterial Meningitis Worldwide
This article, published in The Lancet, focuses on the three most common causes of acute bacterial meningitis: Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, and Neisseria meningitidis. The authors compare patterns of meningitis attributable to …
Author: McIntyre PB, O'Brien KL, Greenwood B, van de Beek D
- Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) Initiative
The Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) initiative provides materials and tools needed to monitor and assess vaccine supply chains and help countries to improve their supply chain performance. This web page provides links to EVM background and …
Author: World Health Organization
- Effects of Freezing on Vaccine Potency: Literature Review
This document provides a literature review of articles about the effects of freezing on vaccine potency of hepatitis B, tetanus toxoid, diphtheria, and pertussis vaccines. Also included is a review of stability data of these vaccines at …
- Efficacy of a Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine Against Acute Otitis Media
This study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, enrolled 1662 infants in a randomized, double-blind efficacy trial of a heptavalent pneumococcal polysaccharide conjugate vaccine in which the carrier protein is the nontoxic …
Author: Eskola J, Kilpi T, Palmu A, et al.
- Efficacy of Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccines and Their Effort on Carriage and Antimicrobial Resistance
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccines have shown a high degree of success in preventing pneumococcal bacteraemia in children. They also reduce the acquisition of carriage of vaccine serotypes in the nasopharynx, and reduce otitis media caused by those …
Author: Klugman K
- Efficacy of the Human Rotavirus Vaccine RIX4414 in Malnourished Children
This study, published in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, determined that the Rotarix® vaccine produced by GlaxoSmithKline decreased the incidence severe gastroenteritis caused by rotavirus at comparable rates among well-nourished and …
Author: Perez-Schael I, Salinas B, Tomat M, et al.
- E-medicine: Japanese Encephalitis
This article provides a comprehensive overview of the disease.
Author: Kallen A
- The Emerging Adolescent Agenda: HPV Vaccine, AIDS Prevention Research, and the New Opportunities for Reaching the Young People of the World
This chapter from an annual report explores why licensure of the vaccine against human papillomavirus (HPV) presents the AIDS vaccine field with new opportunities. The report discusses how to advocate for financing commitments to ensure widespread …
Author: AIDS Vaccine Advocacy Coalition
- Enhanced Pulmonary Histopathology is Observed in Cotton Rats Immunized with Formalin-Inactivated Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) or Purified F Glycoprotein and Challenged With RSV 3-6 Months After Immunization
The authors of this study, published in Vaccine, compared formalin-inactivated (FI) RSV, purified F glycoprotein in alum, and RSV infection (intranasal) for their immunogenicity, efficacy, and ability to enhance pulmonary histopathology during RSV …
Author: Murphy BR, Sotnikov AV, Lawrence LA, Banks SM, Prince GA
- Ensuring Access to HPV Vaccines Through Integrated Services: A Reproductive Health Perspective
This article, published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, describes avenues for service delivery of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines and critical information gaps that must be bridged in order to inform future sexual and …
Author: Pollack AE, Balkin M, Edouard L, Cutts F, and Broutet N on behalf of the WHO/United Nations Population Fund Working Group on Sexual and Reproductive Health and HPV Vaccines