Total results with these characteristics: 876
This website provides comprehensive resources on diarrheal disease treatment interventions, including low-osmolarity oral rehydration solution, zinc treatment, and rotavirus vaccines. Traditional interventions such as improved sanitation and …
- Delivering Cervical Cancer Prevention in the Developing World
This report highlights new partnerships and innovations in cervical cancer prevention and treatment. It also provides profiles of success in increasing access to HPV vaccines and treatment from around the world, with country spotlights on Mexico, …
Author: Women Deliver
- Designing Safe Syringe Disposal Systems for Immunization Services
This 30-page manual for program managers helps guide decision-making related to safe syringe disposal at the district level. A range of disposal methods and issues are covered, including practical advice on incineration (with details on two small …
- Designing Vaccines for Developing-Country Populations: Ideal Attributes, Delivery Devices, and Presentation Formats
This article, published in Procedia in Vaccinology, discusses the importance of designing vaccines with traits that will minimize complications for immunization programs and increase the likelihood of successful adoption. The article also summarizes …
Author: Kristensen D, Zaffran M
- Desirable Attributes of Vaccines for Deployment in Low-Resource Settings
This article, published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, discusses the opportunities and challenges associated with developing vaccines with desirable attributes, including enhanced stability and efficient packaging, that can help to …
Author: Chen D, Zehrung D
- Developing a Vision for Immunization Supply Systems in 2020: Landscape Analysis Summaries
Facilitated by project Optimize and conducted by a multidisciplinary group of partners, these landscape analyses highlight ongoing work related to five priority areas that comprise the vision for immunization supply systems in 2020. The analyses …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Developing Country Manufacturers and Sustainability of Vaccine Supply
This paper outlines the role of developing country vaccine manufacturers in global efforts to increase access to vaccines.
Author: World Health Organization
- Developing New Vaccines Against Diarrheal Disease
This fact sheet highlights PATH's work to develop safe, effective, and affordable vaccines against Shigella and enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli, two of the leading bacterial causes of diarrheal disease.
- Developing New Vaccines Against Pneumonia and Other Pneumococcal Diseases
This fact sheet, issued by PATH, outlines PATH's pneumococcal vaccine project from a technical perspective, including an overview of PATH's vaccine development portfolio, research activities, and partners to support the development of vaccines …
- Development and Technology Transfer of Haemophilus influenzae type b Conjugate Vaccines for Developing Countries
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the development of a Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine at the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment/Netherlands Vaccine Institute (RIVM/NVI), and the subsequent …
Author: Beurret M, Hamidi A, Kreeftenberg H
- Development of a Freeze-Stable Formulation for Vaccines Containing Aluminum Salt Adjuvants
This article, published in Vaccine, describes an approach to minimize reliance on the proper implementation of the cold chain to protect vaccines from freeze-thaw inactivation. By including PEG 300, propylene glycol, or glycerol in a hepatitis …
Author: Jones Braun L, Tyagi A, Perkins S, et al.
- Development of a Humanized Monoclonal Antibody (MEDI-493) With Potent In Vitro and In Vivo Activity Against Respiratory Syncytial Virus
This article, published in The Journal of Infectious Diseases, details a preclinical study evaluating the ability of a humanized monoclonal antibody, MEDI-493 (later named palivizumab and marketed at Synagis®), to recognize a conserved …
Author: Johnson S, Oliver C, Prince GA, et al.
- Development of a Low-Dose Challenge Model for Evaluation of Vaccines for Enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC) in Volunteers
This presentation from the Vaccines for Enteric Diseases conference provides results from a clinical trial that found the human challenge model currently being used to test vaccines against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) is utilizing a …
Author: Harro C, DeNearing B, Marcum A, et al.
- Development of Antibodies Against the Putative Proteinase Maturation Protein A in Relation to Pneumococcal Carriage and Otitis Media
Published in FEMS Immunology and Medical Microbiology, this article examines serum anti-pneumococcal proteinase maturation protein A antibodies at 6, 12, 18 and 24 months of age, and showed that the age-related development of antipneumococcal …
Author: Bogaert D, Holmlund E, Lahdenkari M, et al.
- Development of Lactococcal GEM-Based Pneumococcal Vaccines
Published in the journal Vaccine, this article reports on the development of a novel protein-based nasal vaccine against Streptococcus pneumoniae, in which three pneumococcal proteins were displayed on the surface of a non-recombinant, killed …
Author: Audouy S, van Selm S, van Roosmalen M, et al.
- The Development of Live, Attenuated Rotavirus Vaccines: A Manufacturer's Resource Guide
This guide is a compilation of publicly available information about the manufacturing process of rotavirus vaccines, and aims to provide a resource for manufacturers interested in developing and registering an attenuated, oral rotavirus vaccine. …
Author: PATH, GAVI Alliance
- Development of Strategies to Overcome Barriers to Effective Mucosal Immunization of Infants in Developing Countries
This article, which appeared in the Old Herborn University Seminar Monograph, provides a summary of the discussions at a workshop hosted by the Old Herborn University Foundation in June 2010. The discussions were held to examine the …
Author: Walker RI, Bourgeois AL, Van De Verg L
- Development of Vaccines Against Meningococcal Disease
This article, published in the Lancet, reviews the currently available vaccines against meningococcal disease, as well as research and development efforts toward the development of additional vaccines against the disease. ABSTRACT …
Author: Jódar L, Feavers IM, Salisbury D, Granoff DM
- Diagnostic and Laboratory Testing Aspects of JE
This slide presentation give an overivew of the diagnostic and laboratory testing aspects of JE and can be apdated to fit your audience.
- Diarrhea in Children: An Interface Between Developing and Developed Countries
This article, published in The Lancet, discusses diarrheal disease in children in the developed and developing worlds, prevention and treatment options, and what we can learn from looking at diarrheal disease in developed and …
Author: Thapar N, Sanderson IR
- Diarrheal Disease: Solutions to Defeat a Global Killer
Diarrheal Disease: Solutions to Defeat a Global Killer presents scientific evidence to support strategies to scale up use of interventions, including safe water, improved sanitation and hygiene, breastfeeding and optimal complementary feeding, …
- Diarrhoea: Why Children Are Still Dying and What Can Be Done
This joint report from the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) focuses attention on the prevention and management of diarrheal diseases. It examines the latest available information on the burden of childhood …
Author: World Health Organization, United Nations Children's Fund
- Directory of Immunization Resources
This web page provides an extensive directory of immunization resources for health care professionals, including information on particular diseases and vaccines, immunization schedules, and frequently asked questions. The resources are gathered from …
Author: Immunization Action Coalition
- Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries, Second Edition
A comprehensive global health examination, this book contributes substantially to global initiatives to improve the health of all peoples by providing a multidisciplinary understanding of fundamental issues and challenges, as well as effective …
Author: Disease Control Priorities Project
- Disease Outbreak News
This web page provides frequently updated information about current disease outbreaks, as well as disease-specific archives of past alerts and links to related resources.
Author: World Health Organization