Total results with these characteristics: 156
- Report on the Japanese Encephalitis Disability Assessment
The burden of disability among JE survivors has been a neglected area of study. This assessment, performed by the Government of Cambodia in partnership with PATH, found one in four children infected with JE either died or suffered severe sequelae …
Author: Cambodian Ministry of Health
- Results From a Survey of Immunization Stakeholders in Vietnam Regarding the Presentation, Packaging, and Distribution of Human Papillomavirus Vaccines
This report summarizes results from a survey which obtained input from stakeholders within the Expanded Programme on Immunization in Vietnam about issues and perceptions related to the storage, distribution, and delivery of the current and potential …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Rotavirus Disease and Vaccines in Asia
This fact sheet provides an overview of rotavirus disease and vaccines in Asia. It includes information about the tremendous burden of rotavirus diarrhea in Asian children, rotavirus diarrhea treatment and prevention strategies, and the …
- Rotavirus Disease and Vaccines in Uzbekistan
This fact sheet provides an overview of rotavirus disease and vaccines in Uzbekistan. It includes information about the burden of rotavirus diarrhea in Uzbek children, rotavirus diarrhea treatment and prevention strategies, and the effectiveness of …
- Rotavirus Epidemiology: The Asian Rotavirus Surveillance Network
This article, published in the journal Vaccine, summarizes the activities of the Asian Rotavirus Surveillance Network, including disease burden data collection and economic cost-effectiveness studies.
Author: Nelson EAS, Bresee JS, Parashar UD, Widdowson M-A, Glass RI
- Rotavirus in Asia: Updates on Disease Burden, Genotypes, and Vaccine Introduction
This special edition of the journal Vaccine broadens understanding of rotavirus disease burden, which is responsible for almost half of acute diarrhea hospitalizations among Asian children under five. In addition to documenting rotavirus …
Author: Nelson AS, Widdowson MA, Kilgore PE, Steele D, Parashar U, eds.
- Rotavirus Vaccination for Hong Kong Children: An Economic Evaluation From the Hong Kong Government Perspective
This article, published in Archives of Disease in Childhood, discusses an economic analysis of government-funded universal rotavirus vaccination in Hong Kong from the government's perspective. The study concludes that based on 2002 …
Author: Ho AM, Nelson EA, Walker DG
- Safety, Immunogenicity, and Antibody Persistence of a New Meningococcal Group A Conjugate Vaccine in Healthy Indian Adults
This article, published in the journal Vaccine, discusses a double-blind, randomized, controlled Phase 1 study in India to assess safety, immunogenicity, and antibody persistence of the new meningococcal group A conjugate vaccine (PsA-TT) …
Author: Kshirsagar N, Mur N, Thatte U, et al.
- Sample Injection Safety Leaflets for Health Care Providers
Two safe injection leaflets were prepared by the Ministry of Health in Mongolia in collaboration with SIGN. One provides a guide to giving safe injections. The other provides guidelines for preventing needlestick injuries.
Author: Mongolia Ministry of Health
- Shadow Lives: The Human Toll of Japanese Encephalitis
Children who survive JE infection must come to grips with the human and socioeconomic consequences of the disease. Produced in collaboration with the JE Project, Shadow Lives—The Human Toll of Japanese Encephalitis, introduces us to families …
- Shaping a Strategy to Introduce HPV Vaccines in India—Formative Research Results From the HPV Vaccines: Evidence for Impact Project
This report summarizes results from formative research in two states of India—Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat—regarding the health systems and policy context that will affect human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine introduction, as well as …
- Shaping a Strategy to Introduce HPV Vaccines in Vietnam—Formative Research Results From the HPV Vaccines: Evidence for Impact Project
This report summarizes results from formative research in Vietnam regarding the health systems and policy context that will affect human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine introduction, as well as beliefs, values, attitudes, knowledge, and behaviors …
- Single Dose of SA 14-14-2 Vaccine Provides Long-term Protection Against Japanese Encephalitis: A Case-control Study in Nepalese Children 5 Years After Immunization
Published in the journal Vaccine, this article discusses the return of investigators to Nepali villages where they conducted a case control study that revealed 99 percent efficacy after one year among children who received a single dose of the …
Author: Tandan J, Ohrr H, Sohn Y, et al.
- Streamlining Immunization Logistics in the Provinces of Central Java and Yogyakarta, Indonesia
This document reports on results from the Streamlining Immunization Logistics project, implemented between April 2005 and March 2006 in eight districts of Central Java and Yogyakarta, Indonesia. The project successfully demonstrated qualitative …
Author: PATH, Indonesia Ministry of Health
- Strengthening Vietnam's Immunization Program
PATH, in close partnership with Vietnam's National Expanded Program on Immunization, has worked to increase the quality, safety, and efficiency of immunization services through the Improving Routine Immunization Services (IRIS) project. This fact …
- Summary of Optimize Activities Conducted With Vietnam's National Expanded Programme on Immunization
Between 2010 and 2012, project Optimize collaborated with Vietnam’s National Expanded Program on Immunization to demonstrate innovations in the vaccine supply chain that can help to meet the demands expected as Vietnam’s immunization program …
Author: PATH, Vietnam National Expanded Program on Immunization, World Health Organization
- Surveillance for Encephalitis in Bangladesh: Preliminary Results
Published in Health Science and Bulletin, this paper summarizes data from an ongoing study to identify the incidence of JE infection among encephalitis cases at three hospitals in order to inform future plans for JE control through immunization.
Author: International Center for Diarrheal Disease Research, Bangladesh
- Surveillance for Respiratory Syncytial Virus in CDC's Global Disease Detection Network: Epidemiology, Disease Burden and Clinical Characteristics
This supplement to The Journal of Infectious Diseases features articles on respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) surveillance data through the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC's) Global Disease Detection Network . The 12 articles …
Author: Iwane MK, Garnon EC, Gerber SI, eds.
- Survival: The Struggle to Breathe
Part of the groundbreaking series on global health, Survival, this 45-minute documentary, filmed in the Philippines, focuses on the infections that lead to pneumonia. The film also highlights interventions to improve access to antibiotics …
Author: BBC World News and Rockhopper TV
- Sustainable Immunization Financing (SIF) Program
This web page provides information about the Sabin Vaccine Institutes’ SIF program and the countries it serves. The program encourages key stakeholders—national governments (ministries of health and finance), parliamentarians, the domestic …
Author: Sabin Vaccine Institute
- Understanding and Addressing Childhood Immunization Coverage in Urban Slums
Supported by the US Agency for International Development, the authors of this article, published in Indian Pediatrics, identified challenges and potential solutions for improving immunization coverage in urban slums.
Author: Agarwal S, Bhanot A, Goindi G
- Unplugged and Keeping Cool—Testing Off-Grid Vaccine Storage Solutions in Vietnam
Keeping heat-sensitive vaccines at the right temperature is crucial yet often difficult in areas with limited or no electrical power. Project Optimize collaborated with the Vietnam National Expanded Programme on Immunization to evaluate two …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Using Uniject™ to Increase the Safety and Effectiveness of Hepatitis B Immunization
This seven-page paper describes use of an innovative injection device to immunize Indonesian newborns as soon after birth as possible. Results were positive: more infants were protected against hepatitis B earlier in life, health workers and parents …
- Vaccine for Prevention of Mild and Moderate-to-Severe Influenza in Children
This article, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, describes a multinational, Phase 3, observer-blinded study evaluating the efficacy of quadrivalent influenza vaccine (QIV) among children three to eight years of age. From the study …
Author: Jain VK, Rivera L, Zama Khalequ, et al.
- Vaccine Introduction in India: Status and Lessons Learned
This abstract of a presentation made at the 2006 Global Vaccine Research Forum summarizes the strategy and achievements of India's 2006 mass JE vaccination campaigns.
Author: PATH; Government of India