Total results with these characteristics: 1437
- The Childhood Immunization Schedule
This fact sheet explains how the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention develops their recommended childhood immunization schedule and provides answers to several frequently asked questions about the schedule. This document is intended for …
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Childhood Immunization Schedule and Safety: Stakeholder Concerns, Scientific Evidence, and Future Studies
This report provides a comprehensive examination of the United States' childhood immunization schedule. The committee convened to prepare this report was tasked with identifying research approaches, methodologies, and study designs that could …
Author: Institute of Medicine
- Childhood Immunization: What You Need to Know
Information for parents and health care workers about diseases and vaccines, extensive questions and answers, and charts comparing disease risk versus vaccine risk.
- Cholera Outbreak Training and Shigellosis (COTS) Program
COTS is an e-book, funded by the US Agency for International Development, designed to export the clinical, scientific, and public health expertise on cholera and shigellosis from the International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, …
Author: COTS Program
- Clear Answers & Smart Advice About Your Baby’s Shots
Written by pediatrician and author Ari Brown, MD, this six-page handout addresses the concerns of vaccine-hesitant parents, including vaccine safety, autism, and alternative vaccination schedules.
Author: Brown A
- Climate Drives the Meningitis Epidemics Onset in West Africa
This study, published in PLoS Medicine, provides a clear, quantitative demonstration of the connections that exist between major meningococcal meningitis (MCM) epidemics and regional climate variability in Africa. This statistically robust …
Author: Sultan B, Labadi K, Guégan JF, Janicot S
- Clinical Aspects of Pandemic 2009 Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection
This article, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, offers a comprehensive review of virologic, epidemiologic, and clinical data on influenza A(H1N1) virus infections during the 2009 pandemic and summarizes key issues for clinicians …
Author: Writing Committee of the WHO Consultation on Clinical Aspects of Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 Influenza
- Clinical Assessment of Children with Suspected Central Nervous System Infections
This PowerPoint presentation trains doctors and health care workers in areas where Japanese encephalitis is endemic on how to assess a patient presenting with acute encephalitis syndrome. This version has still images only; a version with video …
Author: Univerity of Liverpool Brain Infections Group
- Clinical Consequences of Rotavirus Acute Gastroenteritis in Europe, 2004-2005: The REVEAL Study
After a multicenter study in several European countries, investigators determined that acute gastroenteritis caused by rotavirus resulted in more hospitalizations and emergency department visits than acute gastroenteritis from another cause. This …
Author: Guiaquinto C, Van Damme P, Huet F, et al.
- Clinical Manifestations and Diagnosis of Encephalitis
This presentation provides an overview of the clinical manifestations and diagnosis of encephalitis. This presentation can be adapted for your specific use.
- Clinical Performance and Safety of the ID Adapter, a Prototype Intradermal Delivery Technology for Vaccines, Drugs, and Diagnostic Tests
The authors of this article, published in Procedia in Vaccinology, discuss a Phase 1 clinical study conducted to evaluate the intradermal (ID) adapter, a prototype intradermal delivery aid, for safety and precision of injection. The authors present …
Author: Jarrahian C, Zehrung D, Saxon E, Griswold E, Klaff L
- Clinical Presentation of Meningococcal Disease in Childhood
This article, published in the Journal of Preventative Medicine and Hygiene, provides an overview of the disease burden of meningococcal disease and the various vaccines available for meningococcal disease serogroups. Although relatively rare, …
Author: Sabatini C, Bosis S, Semino M, Senatore L, Principi N, Esposito S
- Clinical Trial to Evaluate Safety and Immunogenicity of an Oral Inactivated Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Prototype Vaccine Containing CFA/I Overexpressing Bacteria and Recombinantly Produced LTB/CTB Hybrid Protein
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the results of a randomized, comparator controlled, double-blind Phase 1 trial in 60 Swedish adults testing a prototype of a new oral vaccine candidate against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) …
Author: Lundgren A, Leach S, Tobias J, et al.
- Clinical Trials: Steps in Malaria Vaccine Development
This fact sheet provides an overview of the development and testing of malaria vaccine candidates through clinical trials, including an explanation of why trials are important and descriptions of each clinical trial phase.
- Clonal Properties of Meningococci From Epidemic Meningitis
This article, published in Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, reviews the classification of epidemic strains of Neisseria meningitidis and the expression by meningococci of both constant and highly variable …
Author: Achtman M
- Clonal Waves of Neisseria Colonisation and Disease in the African Meningitis Belt: Eight-Year Longitudinal Study in Northern Ghana
This study, published in PLoS Medicine, aimed to determine how levels of colonization with different bacterial meingococcal serogroups change over time, and how the patterns of disease relate to such changes in the Kassena-Nankana District of …
Author: Leimkugel J, Hodgson A, Forgor AA, et al.
- Clones of Neisseria meningitidis Strains in Mali
This article, published in Médecine et Maladies Infectieuses, provides an overview of a cross-sectional, descriptive study to identify strains of Neisseria meningitidis isolated from 2005 to 2007 in Mali. Neisseria meningitidis appeared in 144 …
Author: Guindo I, Coulibaly A, Dao S, et al.
- Coalition Building: A Cornerstone of National Advocacy, Policymaking and Effective Cervical Cancer Prevention Programs
This issue brief is written for civil society leaders seeking to expand access to cervical cancer prevention and control resources in their communities. These resources include HPV vaccines for young adolescents and established and new screening and …
Author: Cervical Cancer Action
- A Cohort Study to Assess the New WHO Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance Standards
From the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, researchers evaluated the clinical case definition of acute encephalitis syndrome, which the standards use for identification of JE patients, to determine its sensitivity and specificity.
Author: Solomon T, Thao TT, Lewthwaite P, et al.
- Cold Chain and Logistics Management: An Essential Part of Safe and Effective Vaccination Programs
This fact sheet provides information on cold chain and logistics for vaccine delivery, including challenges for managing the cold chain, examples of effective cold chain management, and the costs associated with the cold chain.
- Cold Chain Equipment Inventories
This fact sheet describes PATH’s work to develop and deploy a software tool called Cold Chain Equipment Manager to help vaccination programs manage equipment requirements, forecast equipment needs, and generate procurement lists. It includes a …
- Cold Chain Equipment Manager
This tool is a Microsoft Access-based software tool that helps cold chain managers and public health officers make strategic decisions about managing their cold chain equipment. It is accompanied by a user manual, a set of data collection …
- Cold Chain Technologies
This fact sheet describes PATH's work on cold chain technologies. PATH is working with manufacturers and country collaborators to advance passive cold chain equipment and refrigerators that keep vaccines cold without freezing, as well as solar …
- Cold Chain Temperature Monitoring in Vietnam: Monitoring Ambient and Cold Chain Temperatures During Delivery of Human Papillomavirus Vaccine
This report summarizes findings from a temperature-monitoring study that gathered ambient temperature data during human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine delivery in Vietnam. These data are compared to the known heat stability profile of the HPV vaccine …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Collaborating With Countries to Improve Supply Chains
Optimize—a collaboration between the World Health Organization and PATH—aims to employ technological and scientific advances by defining ideal specifications for health products and creating a flexible and robust vaccine supply chain that can …
Author: PATH; World Health Organization