Total results with these characteristics: 1497
- Changes in Neisseria meningitidis Disease Epidemiology in the United States, 1998-2007: Implications for Prevention of Meningococcal Disease
This article, published in Clinical Infectious Diseases, describes the epidemiologic landscape of meningococcal disease in the United States from 1998 to 2007, including an analysis of the disease before and during the implementation of adolescent …
Author: Cohn AC, MacNeil JR, Harrison LH, et al.
- The Changing Epidemiology of Meningococcal Disease in North America 1945–2010
The epidemiology of Invasive Meningococcal Disease (IMD) is distinct in the United States and Canada compared with other countries. This review, published in Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics, describes the incidence, mortality, and …
Author: Baccarini C, Ternouth A, Wieffer H, Vyse A
- Chapter 15: HPV Vaccine Use in the Developing World
The authors of this article, which is a chapter in a monograph published in Vaccine, argue that HPV vaccine should be introduced in the framework of comprehensive cervical cancer control, and offers an opportunity to bring together a wide range of …
Author: Kane MA, Sherris J, Coursaget P, Aguado T, Cutts F
- Chapter 25: Education, Training, and Communication for HPV Vaccines
The authors of this article, which is a chapter in a monograph published in Vaccine, purport that as HPV vaccines come to market, they will face education and training challenges similar to those of other new vaccines, along with HPV-specific …
Author: Sherris J, Friedman A, Wittet S, Davies P, Steben M, Saraiya M
- Characterization and Standardization of Sabin Based Inactivated Polio Vaccine: Proposal for a New Antigen Unit for Inactivated Polio Vaccines
To prepare for the post-eradication period of polio and meet expected demand for inactivated polio vaccine (IPV), the production capacity of wild-type IPV needs to increase. However, the strains used for this process require stringent containment …
Author: Westdijk J, Brugmans D, Martin J, et al.
- Characterization of a Thermostable Hepatitis B Vaccine Formulation
This article, published in the journal Vaccine, reports on the development of a new hepatitis B vaccine formulation that is stable against repeated freezing at -20°C and is also stable for 12 months at 37°C. The improved stability of this …
Author: Braun LJ, Jezek J, Peterson S, et al.
- Characterization of the Freeze Sensitivity of a Hepatitis B Vaccine
This article, published in Human Vaccines, reports on a study that aimed to characterize the immediate qualitative changes of hepatitis B vaccine caused by freeze exposure. The vaccine was subjected to freezing temperatures ranging from 0°C to …
Author: Chen D, Tyagi A, Carpenter J, et al.
- A Chemiluminescent-Western Blot Assay for Quantitative Detection of Plasmodium falciparum Circumsporozoite Protein
Highly sensitive and reliable assays based on the quantitation of immunologically relevant component(s) in recombinant or whole parasite-based vaccines would facilitate pre-clinical and clinical phases and the monitoring of malaria vaccine …
Author: Kumar S, Zheng H, Sangweme DT, et al.
- The Childhood Immunization Schedule
This fact sheet explains how the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention develops their recommended childhood immunization schedule and provides answers to several frequently asked questions about the schedule. This document is intended for …
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Childhood Immunization Schedule and Safety: Stakeholder Concerns, Scientific Evidence, and Future Studies
This report provides a comprehensive examination of the United States' childhood immunization schedule. The committee convened to prepare this report was tasked with identifying research approaches, methodologies, and study designs that could …
Author: Institute of Medicine
- Childhood Immunization: What You Need to Know
Information for parents and health care workers about diseases and vaccines, extensive questions and answers, and charts comparing disease risk versus vaccine risk.
- Cholera Outbreak Training and Shigellosis (COTS) Program
COTS is an e-book, funded by the US Agency for International Development, designed to export the clinical, scientific, and public health expertise on cholera and shigellosis from the International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, …
Author: COTS Program
- Clear Answers & Smart Advice About Your Baby’s Shots
Written by pediatrician and author Ari Brown, MD, this six-page handout addresses the concerns of vaccine-hesitant parents, including vaccine safety, autism, and alternative vaccination schedules.
Author: Brown A
- Climate Drives the Meningitis Epidemics Onset in West Africa
This study, published in PLoS Medicine, provides a clear, quantitative demonstration of the connections that exist between major meningococcal meningitis (MCM) epidemics and regional climate variability in Africa. This statistically robust …
Author: Sultan B, Labadi K, Guégan JF, Janicot S
- Clinical Aspects of Pandemic 2009 Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection
This article, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, offers a comprehensive review of virologic, epidemiologic, and clinical data on influenza A(H1N1) virus infections during the 2009 pandemic and summarizes key issues for clinicians …
Author: Writing Committee of the WHO Consultation on Clinical Aspects of Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 Influenza
- Clinical Assessment of Children with Suspected Central Nervous System Infections
This PowerPoint presentation trains doctors and health care workers in areas where Japanese encephalitis is endemic on how to assess a patient presenting with acute encephalitis syndrome. This version has still images only; a version with video …
Author: Univerity of Liverpool Brain Infections Group
- Clinical Consequences of Rotavirus Acute Gastroenteritis in Europe, 2004-2005: The REVEAL Study
After a multicenter study in several European countries, investigators determined that acute gastroenteritis caused by rotavirus resulted in more hospitalizations and emergency department visits than acute gastroenteritis from another cause. This …
Author: Guiaquinto C, Van Damme P, Huet F, et al.
- Clinical Manifestations and Diagnosis of Encephalitis
This presentation provides an overview of the clinical manifestations and diagnosis of encephalitis. This presentation can be adapted for your specific use.
- Clinical Performance and Safety of the ID Adapter, a Prototype Intradermal Delivery Technology for Vaccines, Drugs, and Diagnostic Tests
The authors of this article, published in Procedia in Vaccinology, discuss a Phase 1 clinical study conducted to evaluate the intradermal (ID) adapter, a prototype intradermal delivery aid, for safety and precision of injection. The authors present …
Author: Jarrahian C, Zehrung D, Saxon E, Griswold E, Klaff L
- Clinical Presentation of Meningococcal Disease in Childhood
This article, published in the Journal of Preventative Medicine and Hygiene, provides an overview of the disease burden of meningococcal disease and the various vaccines available for meningococcal disease serogroups. Although relatively rare, …
Author: Sabatini C, Bosis S, Semino M, Senatore L, Principi N, Esposito S
- Clinical Trial to Evaluate Safety and Immunogenicity of an Oral Inactivated Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Prototype Vaccine Containing CFA/I Overexpressing Bacteria and Recombinantly Produced LTB/CTB Hybrid Protein
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the results of a randomized, comparator controlled, double-blind Phase 1 trial in 60 Swedish adults testing a prototype of a new oral vaccine candidate against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) …
Author: Lundgren A, Leach S, Tobias J, et al.
- Clinical Trials: Steps in Malaria Vaccine Development
This fact sheet provides an overview of the development and testing of malaria vaccine candidates through clinical trials, including an explanation of why trials are important and descriptions of each clinical trial phase.
- Clonal Properties of Meningococci From Epidemic Meningitis
This article, published in Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, reviews the classification of epidemic strains of Neisseria meningitidis and the expression by meningococci of both constant and highly variable …
Author: Achtman M
- Clonal Waves of Neisseria Colonisation and Disease in the African Meningitis Belt: Eight-Year Longitudinal Study in Northern Ghana
This study, published in PLoS Medicine, aimed to determine how levels of colonization with different bacterial meingococcal serogroups change over time, and how the patterns of disease relate to such changes in the Kassena-Nankana District of …
Author: Leimkugel J, Hodgson A, Forgor AA, et al.
- Clones of Neisseria meningitidis Strains in Mali
This article, published in Médecine et Maladies Infectieuses, provides an overview of a cross-sectional, descriptive study to identify strains of Neisseria meningitidis isolated from 2005 to 2007 in Mali. Neisseria meningitidis appeared in 144 …
Author: Guindo I, Coulibaly A, Dao S, et al.