Total results with these characteristics: 1321
- Chapter 25: Education, Training, and Communication for HPV Vaccines
The authors of this article, which is a chapter in a monograph published in Vaccine, purport that as HPV vaccines come to market, they will face education and training challenges similar to those of other new vaccines, along with HPV-specific …
Author: Sherris J, Friedman A, Wittet S, Davies P, Steben M, Saraiya M
- Characterization and Standardization of Sabin Based Inactivated Polio Vaccine: Proposal for a New Antigen Unit for Inactivated Polio Vaccines
To prepare for the post-eradication period of polio and meet expected demand for inactivated polio vaccine (IPV), the production capacity of wild-type IPV needs to increase. However, the strains used for this process require stringent containment …
Author: Westdijk J, Brugmans D, Martin J, et al.
- Characterization of a Thermostable Hepatitis B Vaccine Formulation
This article, published in the journal Vaccine, reports on the development of a new hepatitis B vaccine formulation that is stable against repeated freezing at -20°C and is also stable for 12 months at 37°C. The improved stability of this …
Author: Braun LJ, Jezek J, Peterson S, et al.
- Characterization of the Freeze Sensitivity of a Hepatitis B Vaccine
This article, published in Human Vaccines, reports on a study that aimed to characterize the immediate qualitative changes of hepatitis B vaccine caused by freeze exposure. The vaccine was subjected to freezing temperatures ranging from 0°C to …
Author: Chen D, Tyagi A, Carpenter J, et al.
- A Chemiluminescent-Western Blot Assay for Quantitative Detection of Plasmodium falciparum Circumsporozoite Protein
Highly sensitive and reliable assays based on the quantitation of immunologically relevant component(s) in recombinant or whole parasite-based vaccines would facilitate pre-clinical and clinical phases and the monitoring of malaria vaccine …
Author: Kumar S, Zheng H, Sangweme DT, et al.
- Childhood Immunization: A Worthwhile Investment
This attractive PowerPoint show is an immunization advocacy tool designed to be adapted for different situations. Presenters are encouraged to insert their organizational logo, add or subtract pages, substitute images, or revise the text, depending …
- The Childhood Immunization Schedule
This fact sheet explains how the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention develops their recommended childhood immunization schedule and provides answers to several frequently asked questions about the schedule. This document is intended for …
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Childhood Immunization Schedule and Safety: Stakeholder Concerns, Scientific Evidence, and Future Studies
This report provides a comprehensive examination of the United States' childhood immunization schedule. The committee convened to prepare this report was tasked with identifying research approaches, methodologies, and study designs that could …
Author: Institute of Medicine
- Childhood Immunization: What You Need to Know
Information for parents and health care workers about diseases and vaccines, extensive questions and answers, and charts comparing disease risk versus vaccine risk.
- Cholera Outbreak Training and Shigellosis (COTS) Program
COTS is an e-book, funded by the US Agency for International Development, designed to export the clinical, scientific, and public health expertise on cholera and shigellosis from the International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, …
Author: COTS Program
- Clear Answers & Smart Advice About Your Baby’s Shots
Written by pediatrician and author Ari Brown, MD, this six-page handout addresses the concerns of vaccine-hesitant parents, including vaccine safety, autism, and alternative vaccination schedules.
Author: Brown A
- Climate Drives the Meningitis Epidemics Onset in West Africa
This study, published in PLoS Medicine, provides a clear, quantitative demonstration of the connections that exist between major meningococcal meningitis (MCM) epidemics and regional climate variability in Africa. This statistically robust …
Author: Sultan B, Labadi K, Guégan JF, Janicot S
- Clinical Aspects of Pandemic 2009 Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection
This article, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, offers a comprehensive review of virologic, epidemiologic, and clinical data on influenza A(H1N1) virus infections during the 2009 pandemic and summarizes key issues for clinicians …
Author: Writing Committee of the WHO Consultation on Clinical Aspects of Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 Influenza
- Clinical Assessment of Children with Suspected Central Nervous System Infections
This PowerPoint presentation trains doctors and health care workers in areas where Japanese encephalitis is endemic on how to assess a patient presenting with acute encephalitis syndrome. This version has still images only; a version with video …
Author: Univerity of Liverpool Brain Infections Group
- Clinical Consequences of Rotavirus Acute Gastroenteritis in Europe, 2004-2005: The REVEAL Study
After a multicenter study in several European countries, investigators determined that acute gastroenteritis caused by rotavirus resulted in more hospitalizations and emergency department visits than acute gastroenteritis from another cause. This …
Author: Guiaquinto C, Van Damme P, Huet F, et al.
- Clinical Manifestations and Diagnosis of Encephalitis
This presentation provides an overview of the clinical manifestations and diagnosis of encephalitis. This presentation can be adapted for your specific use.
- Clinical Presentation of Meningococcal Disease in Childhood
This article, published in the Journal of Preventative Medicine and Hygiene, provides an overview of the disease burden of meningococcal disease and the various vaccines available for meningococcal disease serogroups. Although relatively rare, …
Author: Sabatini C, Bosis S, Semino M, Senatore L, Principi N, Esposito S
- Clinical Trial to Evaluate Safety and Immunogenicity of an Oral Inactivated Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Prototype Vaccine Containing CFA/I Overexpressing Bacteria and Recombinantly Produced LTB/CTB Hybrid Protein
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the results of a randomized, comparator controlled, double-blind Phase 1 trial in 60 Swedish adults testing a prototype of a new oral vaccine candidate against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) …
Author: Lundgren A, Leach S, Tobias J, et al.
- Clinical Trials: Steps in Malaria Vaccine Development
This fact sheet provides an overview of the development and testing of malaria vaccine candidates through clinical trials, including an explanation of why trials are important and descriptions of each clinical trial phase.
- Clonal Properties of Meningococci From Epidemic Meningitis
This article, published in Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, reviews the classification of epidemic strains of Neisseria meningitidis and the expression by meningococci of both constant and highly variable …
Author: Achtman M
- Clonal Waves of Neisseria Colonisation and Disease in the African Meningitis Belt: Eight-Year Longitudinal Study in Northern Ghana
This study, published in PLoS Medicine, aimed to determine how levels of colonization with different bacterial meingococcal serogroups change over time, and how the patterns of disease relate to such changes in the Kassena-Nankana District of …
Author: Leimkugel J, Hodgson A, Forgor AA, et al.
- Clones of Neisseria meningitidis Strains in Mali
This article, published in Médecine et Maladies Infectieuses, provides an overview of a cross-sectional, descriptive study to identify strains of Neisseria meningitidis isolated from 2005 to 2007 in Mali. Neisseria meningitidis appeared in 144 …
Author: Guindo I, Coulibaly A, Dao S, et al.
- Coalition Building: A Cornerstone of National Advocacy, Policymaking and Effective Cervical Cancer Prevention Programs
This issue brief is written for civil society leaders seeking to expand access to cervical cancer prevention and control resources in their communities. These resources include HPV vaccines for young adolescents and established and new screening and …
Author: Cervical Cancer Action
- A Cohort Study to Assess the New WHO Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance Standards
From the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, researchers evaluated the clinical case definition of acute encephalitis syndrome, which the standards use for identification of JE patients, to determine its sensitivity and specificity.
Author: Solomon T, Thao TT, Lewthwaite P, et al.
- Cold Chain and Logistics Management: An Essential Part of Safe and Effective Vaccination Programs
This fact sheet provides information on cold chain and logistics for vaccine delivery, including challenges for managing the cold chain, examples of effective cold chain management, and the costs associated with the cold chain.