Total results with these characteristics: 210
- Post-Marketing Surveillance of Rotavirus Vaccine Safety
This manual provides a review of current knowledge related to the safety of rotavirus vaccine and suggests approaches for monitoring safety after vaccine introduction in a country.
Author: World Health Organization
- Potential Cost-Effectiveness of Vaccination for Rotavirus Gastroenteritis in Eight Latin American and Caribbean Countries
Investigators developed a model using epidemiological evidence, country-specific cost estimates, and vaccine efficacy data to estimate the cost-effectiveness of rotavirus vaccination and determined that it would reduce health care expenses and …
Author: Rheingans R, Constenla D, Antil L, Innis B, Breuer T
- Potential Intussusception Risk Versus Benefits of Rotavirus Vaccination in the United States
International data show a low-level increased risk of intussusception associated with rotavirus vaccination. This article, published in the Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, reports on a study that compared potential vaccine-associated …
Author: Rishi D, Cortese M, Meltzer MI, et al.
- Prevalence of Infection With Waterborne Pathogens: A Seroepidemiologic Study in Children 6-36 Months Old, San Juan Sacatepequez, Guatemala
This study, published in the Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, evaluated the feasibility of antibody markers as indicators of infections with water-borne pathogens in order to determine the epidemiology of water-borne diarrheal …
Author: Steinberg E, Mendoza C, Glass R, et al.
- Prevention of Rotavirus Gastroenteritis Among Infants and Children: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
This report, published in Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, provides background on the development of RotaTeq®, Merck's vaccine against rotavirus, and recommendations for its use in the prevention of rotavirus through immunization.
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Prevention of Rotavirus Gastroenteritis in Infants and Children: Rotavirus Vaccine Safety, Efficacy, and Potential Impact of Vaccines
This article, published in Biologics: Targets & Therapy, provides a comprehensive review of current rotavirus vaccines, summarizing studies on their safety and efficacy, as well as special considerations that may inform future research studies. …
Author: Chandran A, Fitzwater S, Zhen A, Santosham M
- Procurement and Pricing of New Vaccines for Developing Countries
Several vaccines that have come to market, including the rotavirus, pneumococcal conjugate, and human papillomavirus vaccines, have the potential to bring large public health benefits to developing countries. This eight-page policy brief explains …
Author: International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
- Projected Health and Economic Impact of Rotavirus Vaccination in GAVI-Eligible Countries: 2011–2030
This article, published in Vaccine, projects the cost-effectiveness and health impact of rotavirus vaccines in countries eligible for support from the GAVI Alliance. The authors used a decision-analytic model to project the health outcomes and …
Author: Atherly DE, Lewis KDC, Tate J, Parashar UD, Rheingans RD
- Projected Health Benefits and Costs of Pneumococcal and Rotavirus Vaccination in Uganda
The authors of this article, published in Vaccine, determined the impact and cost-effectiveness of pneumococcal and rotavirus vaccination programs among children younge than five years of age in Uganda from the public health system perspective. They …
Author: Tate JE, Kisakye A, Mugyenyi P, Kizza D, Odiit A, Braka F
- Projected Impact and Cost-Effectiveness of a Rotavirus Vaccination Program in India, 2008
The authors of this article, published in Clinical Infectious Diseases, aimed to determine the potential impact and cost-effectiveness of a national rotavirus vaccination program in India. They compared the national rotavirus disease and cost burden …
Author: Esposito DH, Tate JE, Kang G, Parashar UD
- Projecting the Effectiveness of RotaTeq® Against Rotavirus-Related Hospitalizations and Deaths in Six Asian Countries
This article, published in Human Vaccines, describes the projected effectiveness of RotaTeq®, which is an oral pentavalent rotavirus vaccine (RV5), against rotavirus gastroenteritis (RGE)-related hospitalizations and deaths in six Asian …
Author: El Khoury AC, Mast TC, Ciarlet M, Markson LE, Goveia MG
- Protecting Aluminum-Adjuvanted Vaccines From Freeze Damage
This fact sheet describes how PATH developed a low-cost and straightforward technology for protecting aluminum-adjuvanted liquid vaccines from the irreversible damage that results from freezing. Many current vaccines of importance to global …
- Protecting Child Health for a Promising Future
This fact sheet provides a snapshot of PATH's programs that tackle the leading causes of childhood illness and death: pneumonia, diarrheal disease, and malaria. It profiles PATH's work on new and innovative vaccines, medicines, diagnostics, and …
- Protecting Children From Diarrheal Disease: PATH Takes a Comprehensive Approach to Combating This Leading Cause of Child Deaths
This fact sheet provides an overview of PATH's work, including vaccine development and introduction, in protecting children from diarrheal disease.
- Protective Association Between Rotavirus Vaccination and Childhood Seizures in the Year Following Vaccination in US Children
This article, published in Clinical Infectious Diseases, describes a review of data from 250,000 children born in the United States between March 2006—when rotavirus vaccines were introduced in the United States—and November 2009 for incidences …
Author: Payne DC, Baggs J, Zerr DM, et al.
- ProVac Rotavirus e-Learning Course
This online course is a practical tool designed to aid health care administrators in making evidence-based decisions regarding rotavirus vaccine introduction into national immunization programs. The module provides training on topics ranging from …
Author: Pan American Health Organization
- Public Finance of Rotavirus Vaccination in India and Ethiopia: An Extended Cost-Effectiveness Analysis
This article, published in Vaccine, reports on a study that evaluated the potential impact of a publicly funded national rotavirus vaccination program in India and Ethiopia on reducing deaths and household costs due to rotavirus disease. The authors …
Author: Verguet S, Murphy S, Anderson B, Johansson KA, Glass R, Rheingans R
- PubMed Searches: Rotavirus
These pre-formatted PubMed searches will retrieve journal citations and available abstracts that address relevant issues related to rotavirus. Documents may be ordered through Loansome Doc if you have established an agreement with a participating …
- R&D for Diarrhoeal Diseases
While preventive measures such as clean drinking water and sanitation can reduce the risk of infection from diarrheal diseases, research and development (R&D) of new tools is equally important, particularly for vaccines as they can prevent …
Author: Policy Cures
- Real World Impact of Rotavirus Vaccination
This special supplement of the Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal presents a collection of studies on the impact of rotavirus vaccines. The data demonstrate dramatic and rapid reductions in childhood hospitalizations in several countries after …
Author: Patel MM, Parashar UD, eds.
- Record of the Meeting of the Advsiory Committee on Immunization Practices
The meeting report outlines the committee's recommendations for introduction of RotaTeq® into the routine US immunization schedule and provides guidance on addressing special circumstances in relation to administration of the vaccine. The …
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Reduced Price on Rotavirus Vaccines: Enough to Facilitate Access Where Most Needed?
This article, published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, examines whether the reduced prices for rotavirus vaccine are affordable enough to facilitate access to the vaccine where it is most needed. The study points to the rotavirus …
Author: Madsen LB, Ustrup M, Fischer TK, Bygbjerg IC, Konradsen F
- Reduction in Acute Gastroenteritis Hospitalizations Among US Children After Introduction of Rotavirus Vaccine: Analysis of Hospital Discharge Data from 18 US States
This study, published in The Journal of Infectious Diseases, shows a dramatic reduction of acute gastroenteritis hospitalizations in the United States following the 2006 introduction of the RotaTeq® rotavirus vaccine. The study gathered …
Author: Curns AT, Steiner CA, Barrett M, et al.
- Removing the Age Restrictions for Rotavirus Vaccination: A Benefit-Risk Modeling Analysis
This article, published in PLOS Medicine, reports on a study that analyzed the benefits and risks of relaxing the vaccine dosing age restrictions for rotavirus vaccines and concluded that the lives of nearly 50,000 additional children in low- and …
Author: Patel MM, Clark AD, Sanderson CFB, Tate J, Parashar UD
- The Right Shot: Extending the Reach of Affordable and Adapted Vaccines
Lack of information on both the price and the different product characteristics of vaccines limits countries’ ability to operate affordable and effective immunization programs. This report aims to remedy some of the existing knowledge gaps by …
Author: Médecins Sans Frontières