Total results with these characteristics: 1321
- The Burden of Pneumococcal Disease and Cost-Effectiveness of a Pneumococcal Vaccine in Latin America and the Caribbean: A Review of the Evidence and a Preliminary Economic Analysis
This report estimates the burden and costs of pneumococcal disease in Latin America and the Caribbean in order to inform national health authorities about disease burden and the economic value of implementing a pneumococcal …
Author: Sabin Vaccine Institute
- A Call to Action for the New Decade of Vaccines
This article, published in The Lancet, argues that there is a moral imperative to make vaccines widely available on an equitable basis. The authors lay out a call to action for the new decade of vaccines, which embraces four key elements. …
Author: Moxon ER, Das P, Greenwood B, et al.
- Cambodia: "Coverage Improvement Planning" Pays Off
This report discusses the work of PATH's Children's Vaccine Program and the Australian International Health Institute of the University of Melbourne to provide technical assistance with immunization programming to Cambodia, including the …
- Can Successful Vaccines Teach Us How to Induce Efficient Protective Immune Responses?
This article, published in Nature Medicine, reviews current successful vaccines and identifies their mechanisms of protection in the hopes of tackling the challenges posed by those infectious targets that have thus far escaped successful …
Author: Lambert PH, Liu M, Siegrist CA
- Can We Defeat Meningococcal Disease in Low and Middle Income Countries?
This article, published in Vaccine, discusses the challenges of achieving control of meningococcal disease in low- and middle-income countries. The authors argue that in low-income countries the main challenge is a lack of sufficient epidemiological …
Author: Greenwood B, Chiarot E, MacLennan CA, O'Ryan M
- Can We, Should We, Eradicate the Meningococcus?
The authors of this article, published in Vaccine, discuss how the introduction of vaccines against Neisseria meningitidis raises the question of whether disease caused by this obligate human bacterium can be controlled, eliminated, or even …
Author: Maiden MC, Frosch M
- Canadian Immunization Guide
This comprehensive manual deals with a wide range of scientific and clinical issues relating to child, adult, and traveler immunization. Information is provided on vaccine safety, immunization recommendations, and specific vaccines and diseases.
Author: Public Health Agency of Canada
- Cancer of the Cervix
This web page provides an overview on cervical cancer and links to various related resources, including guidelines on cervical cancer prevention and treatment, a guide to essential clinical practice on comprehensive cervical cancer control, and …
Author: World Health Organization
- Care and Repair of Refrigerators for Vaccine Storage
This set of 17 training modules, developed for refrigerator technicians, includes handbooks on different types of refrigerators, as well as courses on service and repair techniques, repair work, and stocking spare parts, among others.
Author: World Health Organization
- Carriage of Neisseria Meningitidis in 2 - 29 Years Old in Mali, Senegal and The Gambia
This poster, presented at the 16th International Pathogenic Neisseria Conference in the Netherlands, discusses a study that aimed to provide preliminary information regarding meningococcal carriage in West Africa and on the effect on …
Author: Caugant DA, Tamboura B, Tapia M, et al.
- The Case for Childhood Immunization
This evidence-based, 16-page paper documents the many benefits of fully immunizing children, including health and financial benefits.
- The Case for Investment in Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Vaccines
This market assessment aims to increase the awareness of biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide about the opportunities and potential markets that exist for low-cost and effective vaccines against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli …
Author: PATH; BIO Ventures for Global Health
- Case Study on the Costs and Financing of Immunization Services in Morocco
Partners in Health for Reform Plus, in collaboration with WHO and the Morrocan Ministry of Health, conducted an in-depth study of the costs and financing of immunization, and their report offers options in the areas of program planning, management, …
Author: Kaddar M, Mookherji S, DeRoeck D, Antona D
- Case Study on the Costs of Financing of Immunization Services in Ghana
This study estimates the current and future costs of Ghana's immunization program, including the additional costs proposed for improvements to the program, both to assist planning and to inform the international community about global immunization …
Author: Levin A, England S, Jorissen J, Garshong B, Teprey J
- Cervical Cancer, Cervical Dysplasia, Genital Warts: The Pathogenesis and Clinical Outcomes of HPV Anogenital Infections
This technical six-minute animation explains what HPV is, shows how it infects human tissue, and how disease progresses. It also provides disease burden information specific to HPV and cervical cancer.
Author: Sanofi Pasteur MSD
- Cervical Cancer Prevention Action Planner
This interactive tool is designed for public health officials seeking guidance and resources related to developing evidence-based cervical cancer prevention programs in their countries. It includes video mini-lectures and other films, impact models, …
- Cervical Cancer Prevention and the Millennium Development Goals
This article, published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, explores how scaled-up cervical cancer prevention activities, including introduction of the new HPV vaccines and increased access to precancer screening and treatment, can …
Author: Wittet S, Tsu V
- Cervical Cancer Prevention Initiatives at PATH: Two Decades of Progress Toward a World Free of HPV-Related Cancers
This report provides an in-depth look at PATH's work on cervical cancer prevention over the past two decades. It includes background on cervical cancer and HPV, and details about its work in four key areas: HPV vaccination, innovative approaches to …
- Cervical Cancer: The Real Lady Killer
This film in the BBC’s "Kill or Cure?" series uncovers the challenges of preventing and treating cervical cancer in Africa and highlights exciting new opportunities for dramatically reducing the toll of disease. The BBC crew follows Sarah …
Author: PATH, Rockhopper Productions
- Challenges Faced by the Global Polio Eradication Initiative
After the World Health Assembly resolved in 1988 to eradicate wild poliovirus (WPV) transmission globally by 2000, dramatic progress in reducing polio cases and increasing the number of countries that interrupted indigenous WPV transmission was …
Author: Wassilak S, Orenstein W
- Challenges in Developing a Pediatric RSV Vaccine
There is currently no approved respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine, and the goal of preventing RSV-associated illness in the general population remains unmet. The authors of this article, published in Human Vaccines, discuss the challenges …
Author: Schickli JH, Dubovsky F, Tang RS
- Changes in Hospitalisations for Acute Gastroenteritis in Australia After the National Rotavirus Vaccination Program
This retrospective analysis, published in the Medical Journal of Australia, found a sustained and substantial decline in rotavirus hospitalizations as well as hospitalizations for diarrhea of any cause following national vaccine …
Author: Dey A, Wang H, Menzies R, Macartney K
- Changes in Neisseria meningitidis Disease Epidemiology in the United States, 1998-2007: Implications for Prevention of Meningococcal Disease
This article, published in Clinical Infectious Diseases, describes the epidemiologic landscape of meningococcal disease in the United States from 1998 to 2007, including an analysis of the disease before and during the implementation of adolescent …
Author: Cohn AC, MacNeil JR, Harrison LH, et al.
- The Changing Epidemiology of Meningococcal Disease in North America 1945–2010
The epidemiology of Invasive Meningococcal Disease (IMD) is distinct in the United States and Canada compared with other countries. This review, published in Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics, describes the incidence, mortality, and …
Author: Baccarini C, Ternouth A, Wieffer H, Vyse A
- Chapter 15: HPV Vaccine Use in the Developing World
The authors of this article, which is a chapter in a monograph published in Vaccine, argue that HPV vaccine should be introduced in the framework of comprehensive cervical cancer control, and offers an opportunity to bring together a wide range of …
Author: Kane MA, Sherris J, Coursaget P, Aguado T, Cutts F