Resource type: PATH resource
Total results with these characteristics: 334
- Exploring New, Non-replicating Rotavirus Vaccines
This fact sheet summarizes the technical efforts and objectives of PATH's non-replicating rotavirus vaccine (NRRV) development project. It outlines the vaccine candidates under evaluation and primary partners, as well as the rationale for the NRRV …
- Fighting Malaria Today and Tomorrow
This fact sheet describes PATH's work in malaria control and prevention, including its work under the Malaria Control and Evaluation Partnership in Africa and the PATH Malaria Vaccine Initiative.
- Final Report: Evaluation of Three Reuse-Prevention Feature Reconstitution Syringes in Three Districts of Indonesia
This document reports on the findings of a field evaluation of three World Health Organization-prequalified syringes with reuse prevention features used for vaccine reconstitution during a measles campaign in Lombok, Indonesia. The objective of the …
- Framework for Conducting a Self-Assessment of National Progress in Injection Waste Management, Version 1
This tool was developed to provide a simple, efficient framework for conducting a self-assessment of health care waste-management (HCWM) planning at the national level. By collecting data on key achievements, knowledge, and practices at …
- Freeze-Protection of Aluminum-Adjuvanted Vaccines: PATH Formulation Technology
PATH has developed a low-cost and straightforward approach for protecting aluminum-adjuvanted vaccines from irreversible damage that results from freezing. Many current vaccines of importance to global health contain an aluminum-salt adjuvant (such …
- Games for Adolescent Reproductive Health: An International Handbook
The attractive, 69-page handbook includes "45 games, tips on getting started working with youth, guidance on creating your own games, ready-to-use card sets, and the research and theory behind it all." While the content focusses on …
- Giving Immunizations
This handout provides basic information about giving immunizations, and lists resources and organizations relevant to this topic.
Author: Optimize (PATH, World Health Organization)
- Giving Safe Injections: Using Auto-Disable Syringes for Immunization
This excellent, 112-page manual is a training curriculum for health care workers who provide injections. It includes information on the health impact of unsafe injections, selecting safe and effective vaccines, reconsituting vaccines safely, reading …
- Green Supply Chains: A Glimpse Into the Future?
This project Optimize evidence brief discusses the rationale for introducing net-zero energy systems into vaccine supply chains and describes the experiences and lessons learned in a demonstration project in Tunisia. Opportunities and challenges are …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Guidelines for Implementing Supportive Supervision
These guidelines define supportive supervision, how it can be incorporated into immunization programs, major steps in implementing supportive supervision, country-specific examples, and tools for implementing supportive supervision.
- Guiding Principles for Managing Medical Waste
This document provides a brief overview of key considerations for developing a medical waste-management plan at the facility, district, and national levels.
- Harnessing Solar Energy for Health Needs
Many health facilities in remote areas operate without grid electricity, have unreliable electricity, or find that using electricity is too costly. In these settings, solar energy is a promising solution for powering the storage and transportation …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Health Care Waste Management: Sharing the Responsibility
This fact sheet outlines the importance of health care waste management and suggests ways government programs can improve current practices.
Author: PATH; John Snow, Inc.
- A HealthTech Report: Field Evaluation of the Acceptability and Feasibility of Syringe Melters in Indonesia
This report shares findings from a field evaluation of three syringe melters temporarily placed in five health centers in Indonesia, which aimed to assess the field performance of the devices, acceptability by health workers, fit into the existing …
- Helping PEPFAR Partners Manage Health Care Waste: Practical Approaches and Lessons Learned From Uganda and Nigeria
This paper describes the process, tools, and strategies used in the Making Medical Injections Safer project to successfully engage the US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) implementing partners in Uganda and Nigeria to improve …
Author: PATH, John Snow Inc.
- Helping Young People Become Youth Advocates for Immunization
Written for teachers and youth group leaders, this 24-page paper is full of practical ideas for teaching children and young adults about infectious disease, immunization, and injection safety and for encouraging them to promote immunization in their …
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Introduction: Lessons Learned in Advocacy, Communication, and Training
This five-page paper summarizes lessons learned as a result of over ten years' experience introducing hepatitis B vaccine worldwide.
- A History of Vaccines
This fact sheet on the history of vaccines gives a brief overview of disease rates before and after the development of vaccines.
- Hope for Less Than 50 Cents a Dose: A Revolutionary Model for Developing Low-Cost Vaccines
This fact sheet describes the model employed by the Meningitis Vaccine Project to develop a safe, affordable, and long-lasting vaccine to combat Group A meningococcal epidemics in Africa, as well as the contributions of the key partners who made the …
- How to Perform a Lumbar Puncture
This slide presentation gives an overview of performing a lumbar puncture in diagnosing encephalitis.
- HPV Vaccination in Africa: Lessons Learned From a Pilot Program in Uganda
This report summarizes a human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination program implemented in Uganda where the HPV vaccine was made available to almost 10,000 girls in select parts of the country. The purpose of the study was to investigate operational …
Author: PATH, Child Health and Development Centre, Uganda National Expanded Program on Immunization
- HPV Vaccination in Latin America: Lessons Learned From a Pilot Program in Peru
This report summarizes a human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination program implemented in Peru where HPV vaccine was made available to all girls aged nine years or older in fifth grade in selected parts of the country. The purpose of the study was to …
Author: PATH, Instituto de Investigación Nutricional, Ministerio de Salud de Peru, Estrategia Sanitaria Nacional de Inmunizaciones
- HPV Vaccination in Southeast Asia: Lessons Learned From a Pilot Program in Vietnam
This report summarizes the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination program implemented in Vietnam by PATH, the Vietnam National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, and the Vietnam National Center for Health Education and Communication through the …
Author: PATH; National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Vietnam; National Center for Health Education and Communication, Vietnam
- HPV Vaccine Adoption in Developing Countries: Cost and Financing Issues
This report addresses issues related to financing the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine and mobilizing resources to support new delivery mechanisms, which will constitute some of the most significant challenges to achieving widespread HPV …
Author: International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, PATH
- Immunization and Child Health Materials Development Guide
A practical, "how-to" manual for conducting audience research and developing effective, user-appropriate print, audio, video, and computer-based health education materials.