Resource type: PATH resource
Total results with these characteristics: 348
- Evaluation of a Retractable Syringe in South Africa: Acceptability, Safety, and Cost Implications
This document reports on an assessment of the acceptability, perception of safety, effect on waste management, and cost implications of using retractable syringes in immunization and curative settings in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. It includes …
- Evaluation of Out-of-the-cold-chain Approaches for Improving On-time Delivery of the Hepatitis B Birth Dose in Rural Areas of China
This document summarizes the results of a study of out-of-the-cold-chain approaches for improving on-time delivery of birth doses of the hepatitis B vaccine in rural areas of China. The study concluded that this is a safe and effective way to …
- Evidence of Support for Improved Cervical Cancer Prevention in Developing Countries
This web page contains a dossier that includes statements of support for improved cervical cancer control from governments, organizations, and individuals in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and other regions. The letters, video messages, editorials, …
Author: Cervical Cancer Action, International Union Against Cancer, PATH
- Evidence of Vaccine Freezing in the Cold Chain: Literature Review
This document provides a literature review of articles about evidence of vaccine freezing in the cold chain. The document is part of a series that describes the serious risk of freezing vaccines and World Health Organization-recommended …
- Expanding Paradigms for Cervical Cancer Screening: The Impact of the Alliance for Cervical Cancer Prevention
This report documents the accomplishments and impact of the Alliance for Cervical Cancer Prevention (ACCP). It presents the state of knowledge about alternative screening strategies prior to the establishment of the partnership, as well as …
Author: Gaffikin L, Wittet S, Sherris J
- Expanding Vaccine Solutions Against Influenza
This fact sheet highlights PATH's multifaceted approach to expanding vaccine solutions against pandemic and seasonal influenza that are optimal for the developing world. It describes our efforts to advance the development of promising new influenza …
- Exploring New, Non-replicating Rotavirus Vaccines
This fact sheet summarizes the technical efforts and objectives of PATH's non-replicating rotavirus vaccine (NRRV) development project. It outlines the vaccine candidates under evaluation and primary partners, as well as the rationale for the NRRV …
- Fighting Malaria Today and Tomorrow
This fact sheet describes PATH's work in malaria control and prevention, including its work under the Malaria Control and Evaluation Partnership in Africa and the PATH Malaria Vaccine Initiative.
- Final Report: Evaluation of Three Reuse-Prevention Feature Reconstitution Syringes in Three Districts of Indonesia
This document reports on the findings of a field evaluation of three World Health Organization-prequalified syringes with reuse prevention features used for vaccine reconstitution during a measles campaign in Lombok, Indonesia. The objective of the …
- Framework for Conducting a Self-Assessment of National Progress in Injection Waste Management, Version 1
This tool was developed to provide a simple, efficient framework for conducting a self-assessment of health care waste-management (HCWM) planning at the national level. By collecting data on key achievements, knowledge, and practices at …
- Freeze-Protection of Aluminum-Adjuvanted Vaccines: PATH Formulation Technology
PATH has developed a low-cost and straightforward approach for protecting aluminum-adjuvanted vaccines from irreversible damage that results from freezing. Many current vaccines of importance to global health contain an aluminum-salt adjuvant (such …
- Games for Adolescent Reproductive Health: An International Handbook
The attractive, 69-page handbook includes "45 games, tips on getting started working with youth, guidance on creating your own games, ready-to-use card sets, and the research and theory behind it all." While the content focusses on …
- Giving Immunizations
This handout provides basic information about giving immunizations, and lists resources and organizations relevant to this topic.
Author: Optimize (PATH, World Health Organization)
- Giving Safe Injections: Using Auto-Disable Syringes for Immunization
This excellent, 112-page manual is a training curriculum for health care workers who provide injections. It includes information on the health impact of unsafe injections, selecting safe and effective vaccines, reconsituting vaccines safely, reading …
- Green Supply Chains: A Glimpse Into the Future?
This project Optimize evidence brief discusses the rationale for introducing net-zero energy systems into vaccine supply chains and describes the experiences and lessons learned in a demonstration project in Tunisia. Opportunities and challenges are …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Guidelines for Implementing Supportive Supervision
These guidelines define supportive supervision, how it can be incorporated into immunization programs, major steps in implementing supportive supervision, country-specific examples, and tools for implementing supportive supervision.
- Guiding Principles for Managing Medical Waste
This document provides a brief overview of key considerations for developing a medical waste-management plan at the facility, district, and national levels.
- Harnessing Solar Energy for Health Needs
Many health facilities in remote areas operate without grid electricity, have unreliable electricity, or find that using electricity is too costly. In these settings, solar energy is a promising solution for powering the storage and transportation …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Health Care Waste Management: Sharing the Responsibility
This fact sheet outlines the importance of health care waste management and suggests ways government programs can improve current practices.
Author: PATH; John Snow, Inc.
- A HealthTech Report: Field Evaluation of the Acceptability and Feasibility of Syringe Melters in Indonesia
This report shares findings from a field evaluation of three syringe melters temporarily placed in five health centers in Indonesia, which aimed to assess the field performance of the devices, acceptability by health workers, fit into the existing …
- Helping PEPFAR Partners Manage Health Care Waste: Practical Approaches and Lessons Learned From Uganda and Nigeria
This paper describes the process, tools, and strategies used in the Making Medical Injections Safer project to successfully engage the US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) implementing partners in Uganda and Nigeria to improve …
Author: PATH, John Snow Inc.
- Helping Young People Become Youth Advocates for Immunization
Written for teachers and youth group leaders, this 24-page paper is full of practical ideas for teaching children and young adults about infectious disease, immunization, and injection safety and for encouraging them to promote immunization in their …
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Introduction: Lessons Learned in Advocacy, Communication, and Training
This five-page paper summarizes lessons learned as a result of over ten years' experience introducing hepatitis B vaccine worldwide.
- A History of Vaccines
This fact sheet on the history of vaccines gives a brief overview of disease rates before and after the development of vaccines.
- Hope for Less Than 50 Cents a Dose: A Revolutionary Model for Developing Low-Cost Vaccines
This fact sheet describes the model employed by the Meningitis Vaccine Project to develop a safe, affordable, and long-lasting vaccine to combat Group A meningococcal epidemics in Africa, as well as the contributions of the key partners who made the …