Topic: Disease/vaccine specific information
Total results with these characteristics: 920
- Chapter 25: Education, Training, and Communication for HPV Vaccines
The authors of this article, which is a chapter in a monograph published in Vaccine, purport that as HPV vaccines come to market, they will face education and training challenges similar to those of other new vaccines, along with HPV-specific …
Author: Sherris J, Friedman A, Wittet S, Davies P, Steben M, Saraiya M
- Characterization and Standardization of Sabin Based Inactivated Polio Vaccine: Proposal for a New Antigen Unit for Inactivated Polio Vaccines
To prepare for the post-eradication period of polio and meet expected demand for inactivated polio vaccine (IPV), the production capacity of wild-type IPV needs to increase. However, the strains used for this process require stringent containment …
Author: Westdijk J, Brugmans D, Martin J, et al.
- Characterization of a Thermostable Hepatitis B Vaccine Formulation
This article, published in the journal Vaccine, reports on the development of a new hepatitis B vaccine formulation that is stable against repeated freezing at -20°C and is also stable for 12 months at 37°C. The improved stability of this …
Author: Braun LJ, Jezek J, Peterson S, et al.
- Characterization of the Freeze Sensitivity of a Hepatitis B Vaccine
This article, published in Human Vaccines, reports on a study that aimed to characterize the immediate qualitative changes of hepatitis B vaccine caused by freeze exposure. The vaccine was subjected to freezing temperatures ranging from 0°C to …
Author: Chen D, Tyagi A, Carpenter J, et al.
- A Chemiluminescent-Western Blot Assay for Quantitative Detection of Plasmodium falciparum Circumsporozoite Protein
Highly sensitive and reliable assays based on the quantitation of immunologically relevant component(s) in recombinant or whole parasite-based vaccines would facilitate pre-clinical and clinical phases and the monitoring of malaria vaccine …
Author: Kumar S, Zheng H, Sangweme DT, et al.
- Cholera Outbreak Training and Shigellosis (COTS) Program
COTS is an e-book, funded by the US Agency for International Development, designed to export the clinical, scientific, and public health expertise on cholera and shigellosis from the International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, …
Author: COTS Program
- Climate Drives the Meningitis Epidemics Onset in West Africa
This study, published in PLoS Medicine, provides a clear, quantitative demonstration of the connections that exist between major meningococcal meningitis (MCM) epidemics and regional climate variability in Africa. This statistically robust …
Author: Sultan B, Labadi K, Guégan JF, Janicot S
- Clinical Aspects of Pandemic 2009 Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection
This article, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, offers a comprehensive review of virologic, epidemiologic, and clinical data on influenza A(H1N1) virus infections during the 2009 pandemic and summarizes key issues for clinicians …
Author: Writing Committee of the WHO Consultation on Clinical Aspects of Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 Influenza
- Clinical Assessment of Children with Suspected Central Nervous System Infections
This PowerPoint presentation trains doctors and health care workers in areas where Japanese encephalitis is endemic on how to assess a patient presenting with acute encephalitis syndrome. This version has still images only; a version with video …
Author: Univerity of Liverpool Brain Infections Group
- Clinical Consequences of Rotavirus Acute Gastroenteritis in Europe, 2004-2005: The REVEAL Study
After a multicenter study in several European countries, investigators determined that acute gastroenteritis caused by rotavirus resulted in more hospitalizations and emergency department visits than acute gastroenteritis from another cause. This …
Author: Guiaquinto C, Van Damme P, Huet F, et al.
- Clinical Manifestations and Diagnosis of Encephalitis
This presentation provides an overview of the clinical manifestations and diagnosis of encephalitis. This presentation can be adapted for your specific use.
- Clinical Presentation of Meningococcal Disease in Childhood
This article, published in the Journal of Preventative Medicine and Hygiene, provides an overview of the disease burden of meningococcal disease and the various vaccines available for meningococcal disease serogroups. Although relatively rare, …
Author: Sabatini C, Bosis S, Semino M, Senatore L, Principi N, Esposito S
- Clinical Trial to Evaluate Safety and Immunogenicity of an Oral Inactivated Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Prototype Vaccine Containing CFA/I Overexpressing Bacteria and Recombinantly Produced LTB/CTB Hybrid Protein
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the results of a randomized, comparator controlled, double-blind Phase 1 trial in 60 Swedish adults testing a prototype of a new oral vaccine candidate against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) …
Author: Lundgren A, Leach S, Tobias J, et al.
- Clinical Trials: Steps in Malaria Vaccine Development
This fact sheet provides an overview of the development and testing of malaria vaccine candidates through clinical trials, including an explanation of why trials are important and descriptions of each clinical trial phase.
- Clonal Properties of Meningococci From Epidemic Meningitis
This article, published in Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, reviews the classification of epidemic strains of Neisseria meningitidis and the expression by meningococci of both constant and highly variable …
Author: Achtman M
- Clonal Waves of Neisseria Colonisation and Disease in the African Meningitis Belt: Eight-Year Longitudinal Study in Northern Ghana
This study, published in PLoS Medicine, aimed to determine how levels of colonization with different bacterial meingococcal serogroups change over time, and how the patterns of disease relate to such changes in the Kassena-Nankana District of …
Author: Leimkugel J, Hodgson A, Forgor AA, et al.
- Clones of Neisseria meningitidis Strains in Mali
This article, published in Médecine et Maladies Infectieuses, provides an overview of a cross-sectional, descriptive study to identify strains of Neisseria meningitidis isolated from 2005 to 2007 in Mali. Neisseria meningitidis appeared in 144 …
Author: Guindo I, Coulibaly A, Dao S, et al.
- Coalition Building: A Cornerstone of National Advocacy, Policymaking and Effective Cervical Cancer Prevention Programs
This issue brief is written for civil society leaders seeking to expand access to cervical cancer prevention and control resources in their communities. These resources include HPV vaccines for young adolescents and established and new screening and …
Author: Cervical Cancer Action
- A Cohort Study to Assess the New WHO Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance Standards
From the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, researchers evaluated the clinical case definition of acute encephalitis syndrome, which the standards use for identification of JE patients, to determine its sensitivity and specificity.
Author: Solomon T, Thao TT, Lewthwaite P, et al.
- Cold Chain Temperature Monitoring in Vietnam: Monitoring Ambient and Cold Chain Temperatures During Delivery of Human Papillomavirus Vaccine
This report summarizes findings from a temperature-monitoring study that gathered ambient temperature data during human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine delivery in Vietnam. These data are compared to the known heat stability profile of the HPV vaccine …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Colonisation Endpoints in Streptococcus pneumoniae Vaccine Trials
This article, published in Vaccine, reviews recent developments in the area of using colonization as an endpoint for evaluating vaccine efficacy against Streptococcus pneumoniae. The authors also provide practical guidelines for estimation methods …
Author: Auranen K, Rinta-Kokko H, Goldblatt D, et al.
- A Combination Vaccine Consisting of Three Live Attenuated Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Strains Expressing a Range of Colonization Factors and LTB is Well Tolerated and Immunogenic in a Placebo-Controlled Double-Blind Phase 1 Trial in Healthy Adults
This article, published in Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, describes the results of a Phase 1 trial of a trivalent, live attenuated enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli vaccine candidate, ACE527. The study indicated that ACE527 had a strong safety …
Author: Harro C, Sack D, Bourgeois AL, et al.
- Common Virus and Senseless Killer: Briefing Paper on Rotavirus
This briefing paper underscores the burden of rotavirus disease and highlights the promise of vaccines to combat the virus as the global health community prepares for worldwide introduction.
- Communication for Polio Eradication and Routine Immunization: Checklists and Easy Reference Guides
This document provides a collection of checklists that serve as a quick-reference communications and social mobilization guide on aspects of routine immunization and disease surveillance, in addition to supplementary immunization for polio …
Author: World Health Organization, United Nations Children's Fund, US Agency for International Development
- Community Diarrhea Incidence Before and After Rotavirus Vaccine Introduction in Nicaragua
This article, published in the American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, reports on a study that compared the incidence of diarrhea before and after the introduction of the pentavalent rotavirus vaccine in Leon, Nicaragua. The results …
Author: Becker-Dreps S, Meléndez M, Liu L, et al.