Total results with these characteristics: 959
- Characterization of the Freeze Sensitivity of a Hepatitis B Vaccine
This article, published in Human Vaccines, reports on a study that aimed to characterize the immediate qualitative changes of hepatitis B vaccine caused by freeze exposure. The vaccine was subjected to freezing temperatures ranging from 0°C to …
Author: Chen D, Tyagi A, Carpenter J, et al.
- A Chemiluminescent-Western Blot Assay for Quantitative Detection of Plasmodium falciparum Circumsporozoite Protein
Highly sensitive and reliable assays based on the quantitation of immunologically relevant component(s) in recombinant or whole parasite-based vaccines would facilitate pre-clinical and clinical phases and the monitoring of malaria vaccine …
Author: Kumar S, Zheng H, Sangweme DT, et al.
- Cholera Outbreak Training and Shigellosis (COTS) Program
COTS is an e-book, funded by the US Agency for International Development, designed to export the clinical, scientific, and public health expertise on cholera and shigellosis from the International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, …
Author: COTS Program
- Clear Answers & Smart Advice About Your Baby’s Shots
Written by pediatrician and author Ari Brown, MD, this six-page handout addresses the concerns of vaccine-hesitant parents, including vaccine safety, autism, and alternative vaccination schedules.
Author: Brown A
- Clinical Aspects of Pandemic 2009 Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection
This article, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, offers a comprehensive review of virologic, epidemiologic, and clinical data on influenza A(H1N1) virus infections during the 2009 pandemic and summarizes key issues for clinicians …
Author: Writing Committee of the WHO Consultation on Clinical Aspects of Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 Influenza
- Clinical Assessment of Children with Suspected Central Nervous System Infections
This PowerPoint presentation trains doctors and health care workers in areas where Japanese encephalitis is endemic on how to assess a patient presenting with acute encephalitis syndrome. This version has still images only; a version with video …
Author: Univerity of Liverpool Brain Infections Group
- Clinical Manifestations and Diagnosis of Encephalitis
This presentation provides an overview of the clinical manifestations and diagnosis of encephalitis. This presentation can be adapted for your specific use.
- Clinical Performance and Safety of the ID Adapter, a Prototype Intradermal Delivery Technology for Vaccines, Drugs, and Diagnostic Tests
The authors of this article, published in Procedia in Vaccinology, discuss a Phase 1 clinical study conducted to evaluate the intradermal (ID) adapter, a prototype intradermal delivery aid, for safety and precision of injection. The authors present …
Author: Jarrahian C, Zehrung D, Saxon E, Griswold E, Klaff L
- Clinical Presentation of Meningococcal Disease in Childhood
This article, published in the Journal of Preventative Medicine and Hygiene, provides an overview of the disease burden of meningococcal disease and the various vaccines available for meningococcal disease serogroups. Although relatively rare, …
Author: Sabatini C, Bosis S, Semino M, Senatore L, Principi N, Esposito S
- Clinical Trials: Steps in Malaria Vaccine Development
This fact sheet provides an overview of the development and testing of malaria vaccine candidates through clinical trials, including an explanation of why trials are important and descriptions of each clinical trial phase.
- Clonal Properties of Meningococci From Epidemic Meningitis
This article, published in Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, reviews the classification of epidemic strains of Neisseria meningitidis and the expression by meningococci of both constant and highly variable …
Author: Achtman M
- Coalition Building: A Cornerstone of National Advocacy, Policymaking and Effective Cervical Cancer Prevention Programs
This issue brief is written for civil society leaders seeking to expand access to cervical cancer prevention and control resources in their communities. These resources include HPV vaccines for young adolescents and established and new screening and …
Author: Cervical Cancer Action
- A Cohort Study to Assess the New WHO Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance Standards
From the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, researchers evaluated the clinical case definition of acute encephalitis syndrome, which the standards use for identification of JE patients, to determine its sensitivity and specificity.
Author: Solomon T, Thao TT, Lewthwaite P, et al.
- Cold Chain and Logistics Management: An Essential Part of Safe and Effective Vaccination Programs
This fact sheet provides information on cold chain and logistics for vaccine delivery, including challenges for managing the cold chain, examples of effective cold chain management, and the costs associated with the cold chain.
- Cold Chain Equipment Inventories
This fact sheet describes PATH’s work to develop and deploy a software tool called Cold Chain Equipment Manager to help vaccination programs manage equipment requirements, forecast equipment needs, and generate procurement lists. It includes a …
- Cold Chain Equipment Manager
This tool is a Microsoft Access-based software tool that helps cold chain managers and public health officers make strategic decisions about managing their cold chain equipment. It is accompanied by a user manual, a set of data collection …
- Cold Chain Technologies
This fact sheet describes PATH's work on cold chain technologies. PATH is working with manufacturers and country collaborators to advance passive cold chain equipment and refrigerators that keep vaccines cold without freezing, as well as solar …
- Colonisation Endpoints in Streptococcus pneumoniae Vaccine Trials
This article, published in Vaccine, reviews recent developments in the area of using colonization as an endpoint for evaluating vaccine efficacy against Streptococcus pneumoniae. The authors also provide practical guidelines for estimation methods …
Author: Auranen K, Rinta-Kokko H, Goldblatt D, et al.
- Combating Antivaccination Rumors: Lessons Learned From Case Studies in East Africa
This 68-page manual examines the origin and impact of rumors on immunization programmes in Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania and provides practical advice about dealing with rumors.
- A Combination Vaccine Consisting of Three Live Attenuated Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Strains Expressing a Range of Colonization Factors and LTB is Well Tolerated and Immunogenic in a Placebo-Controlled Double-Blind Phase 1 Trial in Healthy Adults
This article, published in Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, describes the results of a Phase 1 trial of a trivalent, live attenuated enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli vaccine candidate, ACE527. The study indicated that ACE527 had a strong safety …
Author: Harro C, Sack D, Bourgeois AL, et al.
- Committing to Child Survival: A Promise Renewed - Progress Report 2012
"A Promised Renewed" is a wide-ranging and ambitious initiative that seeks to unite a number of partners around the goal of ending preventable child deaths. This first annual progress report on child survival aims to stimulate public dialogue and …
Author: United Nations Children’s Fund
- Committing to Child Survival: A Promise Renewed—Progress Report 2013
The annual number of deaths of children under five years of age fell from 12.6 million in 1990 to 6.6 million in 2012. But much faster progress is needed to reduce preventable diseases that cause child mortality. This report follows the 2012 …
Author: United Nations Children’s Fund
- Common Requirements for Logistics Management Information Systems
This document focuses on a method for producing descriptions, models, and figures that accurately represent the views and needs of global health professionals. The document can be used by global health practitioners to inform software development …
- Common Virus and Senseless Killer: Briefing Paper on Rotavirus
This briefing paper underscores the burden of rotavirus disease and highlights the promise of vaccines to combat the virus as the global health community prepares for worldwide introduction.
- Communication for Polio Eradication and Routine Immunization: Checklists and Easy Reference Guides
These checklists and guides cover communication and mobilization aspects of routine immunization and disease surveillance, in addition to supplemental immunization for polio eradication.
Author: World Health Organization, UNICEF, and the US Agency for International Development