Disease: Japanese encephalitis
Total results with these characteristics: 101
- Protecting India's Children from Japanese Encephalitis
This fact sheet provides information about the partnerships and commitments that helped the Government of India introduce a landmark strategy to vaccinate children at highest risk. Campaigns in 2006 reached more than 9 million, and the target …
- Protection Against Japanese Encephalitis by Inactivated Vaccines
Published in the New England Journal of Medicine, this evaluation of two doses of monovalent and bivalent inactivated mouse brain-derived JE vaccines in a northern Thai province found a combined rate of 91% efficacy. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users …
Author: Hoke C, Nisalak A, Sangawhipa N, et al.
- Protection of SA 14-14-2 Live Attenuated Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine Against the Wild-Type JE Viruses
Published in the Chinese Medical Journal, this study found the SA 14-14-2 vaccine to be broadly immunogenic and protective against several strains of JE endemic to Asia.
Author: Jia L, Wang Z, Yu Y
- PubMed Searches: Japanese Encephalitis
These pre-formatted searches will retrieve journal citations and availalbe abstracts on JE. Documents may be ordered through Loansome Doc if you have established an agreement with a participating library. See the "registration button" on …
- The Rationale for Integrated Childhood Meningoencephalitis Surveillance: A Case Study From Cambodia
This paper, published in The Bulletin of the World Health Organization, provides an example of development of an integrated meningoencephalitis surveillance system in Cambodia and, on the basis of this case study, presents the rationale …
Author: Touch S, Grundy J, Hills S, et al.
- Report on "Consultative Meeting on Japanese Encephalitis (JE) Prevention and Control"
The Consultative Meeting on JE Prevention and Control was convened by the Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) in Dhaka, Bangladesh, on February 12. This official meeting record includes participants, objectives, and …
Author: Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control & Research
- Report on the Japanese Encephalitis Disability Assessment
The burden of disability among JE survivors has been a neglected area of study. This assessment, performed by the Government of Cambodia in partnership with PATH, found one in four children infected with JE either died or suffered severe sequelae …
Author: Cambodian Ministry of Health
- SA 14-14-2 Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
This fact sheet provides important information on the SA 14-14-2 JE vaccine manufactured by Chengdu Institute of Biological Products. Topics include vaccine presentation, dosage, safety, and history of use. (Edited 2008.)
- Safety and Immunogenicity of a Vero-cell-Derived, Inactivated Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine: A Non-inferiority, Phase III, Randomised Controlled Trial
Published in The Lancet, this study demonstrates a strong immunogenicity and safety profile among adults for a JE vaccine under development by Intercell. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in developing countries can gain free access to journal …
Author: Tauber E, Kollaritsch H, Korinek M, et al.
- Safety and Immunogenicity of Concomitant Vaccination With the Cell-Culture Based Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine IC51 and the Hepatitis A Vaccine HAVRIX1440 in Healthy Subjects: A Single-Blind, Randomized, Controlled Phase 3 Study
In travelers often several pre-departure immunizations are indicated, thus data are needed about possible interactions between vaccines. This Phase 3 study investigated the immunogenicity and safety of IC51 (JE vaccine) and HAVRIX1440 (hepatitis A …
Author: Kaltenböck A, Dubischar-Kastner K, Eder G, et al.
- Sentinel Site Surveillance of Japanese Encephalitis
These guidelines were developed to assist program managers considering the implementation of JE sentinel site surveillance.
- Sentinel Surveillance for Japanese Encephalitis: Fact Sheet
This document outlines the rationale and summarizes considerations for sentinel surveillance of JE disease burden.
- Shadow Lives: The Human Toll of Japanese Encephalitis
Children who survive JE infection must come to grips with the human and socioeconomic consequences of the disease. Produced in collaboration with the JE Project, Shadow Lives—The Human Toll of Japanese Encephalitis, introduces us to families …
- Short-term Safety of Live Attenuated Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine (SA 14-14-2): Results of a Randomized Trial with 26,239 Subjects
Published in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, this study evaluated the occurrence of severe adverse events among children immunized with the live, attenuated SA 14-14-2 JE vaccine for 30 days, and data demonstrated short-term safety of the …
Author: Liu Z-L, Hennessy S, Strom B, et al.
- Single Dose of SA 14-14-2 Vaccine Provides Long-term Protection Against Japanese Encephalitis: A Case-control Study in Nepalese Children 5 Years After Immunization
Published in the journal Vaccine, this article discusses the return of investigators to Nepali villages where they conducted a case control study that revealed 99 percent efficacy after one year among children who received a single dose of the …
Author: Tandan J, Ohrr H, Sohn Y, et al.
- State of the Art of New Vaccines: Research and Development
This document analyzes research and development activities for vaccines against infectious diseases of public health importance. Disease groups covered include diarrheal disease, sexually transmitted diseases, respiratory infections, bacterial …
Author: World Health Organization
- State of the World's Vaccines and Immunization, Third Edition
This report focuses on the major developments in vaccines and immunization since 2000. Part 1 examines the impact of immunization on efforts to meet the Millennium Development Goals. It looks at the development and use of vaccines and the …
Author: World Health Organization, United Nations Children's Fund, World Bank
- Strategic Advisory Group of Experts JE Recommendations
This issue of the Weekly Epidemiological Record includes recommendations on japanese encephalitis control through immunization, as provided at the April 2006 Strategic Advisory Group of Experts meeting.
Author: World Health Organization
- Summary of Vaccine Stability Data
These documents provide the latest stability data for commonly used vaccines and current research on vaccine formulations and platform technologies. Data are sorted by vaccine in a table format in both documents.
Author: PATH, Working in Tandem Ltd.
- Surveillance for Encephalitis in Bangladesh: Preliminary Results
Published in Health Science and Bulletin, this paper summarizes data from an ongoing study to identify the incidence of JE infection among encephalitis cases at three hospitals in order to inform future plans for JE control through immunization.
Author: International Center for Diarrheal Disease Research, Bangladesh
- University of Liverpool Viral Brain Infections Group
The University of Liverpool’s Viral Brain Infections Group has provided advocacy, expertise, and support to the JE project in several additional areas, including the production of a teaching tool for diagnosis and investigation of clinical …
Author: University of Liverpool
- US Department of Health and Human Services and PATH: Partnering to Protect and Improve Global Health
PATH and the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) work together to improve global health around the world. This fact sheet highlights PATH projects—including work to develop a stable vaccine supply to prevent a public health …
- Vaccine Information You Need
This website is a comprehensive and user-friendly source of scientifically accurate and easily navigable immunization information. The site offers parents, other adults, legislators, the media, and others a one-stop shop for learning about vaccines …
Author: Immunization Action Coalition
- Vaccine Introduction in India: Status and Lessons Learned
This abstract of a presentation made at the 2006 Global Vaccine Research Forum summarizes the strategy and achievements of India's 2006 mass JE vaccination campaigns.
Author: PATH; Government of India
- Vaccine Position Papers
This web page provides links to all of the World Health Organization's position papers on specific vaccines. In addition to linking to these resources in English, it also provides links to translations of the papers into other languages, as well as …
Author: World Health Organization