Total results with these characteristics: 147
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Freezing in the Indonesian Cold Chain: Evidence and Solutions
This study, published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, aimed to document and characterize freezing temperatures in the Indonesian vaccine cold chain to evaluate the feasibility of changes designed to reduce the occurrence of …
Author: Nelson C, et al
- How Much Does it Cost to Get a Dose of Vaccine to the Service Delivery Location? Empirical Evidence from Vietnam's Expanded Program on Immunization
The authors of this article, published in Vaccine, present empirical estimates of vaccine supply chain costs for Vietnam's Expanded Program on Immunization for routine vaccines at each level of the supply chain, before and after the introduction of …
Author: Mvundura M, Kien VD, Nga NT, et al.
- HPV Vaccination in Southeast Asia: Lessons Learned From a Pilot Program in Vietnam
This report summarizes the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination program implemented in Vietnam by PATH, the Vietnam National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, and the Vietnam National Center for Health Education and Communication through the …
Author: PATH; National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Vietnam; National Center for Health Education and Communication, Vietnam
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Delivery Strategies That Achieved High Coverage in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
This article, published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, documents human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination coverage after the demonstration projects conducted in India, Peru, Uganda, and Vietnam by PATH and national governments. …
Author: LaMontagne DS, Barge S, Nga TL, et al.
- Immunogenicity and Safety of a New Meningococcal A Conjugate Vaccine in Indian Children Aged 2-10 Years: A Phase II/III Double-Blind Randomized Controlled Trial
This article, published in Vaccine, describes a study that compared the immunogenicity and safety of a single dose of a new meningococcal A conjugate vaccine (PsA-TT, MenAfriVac™, Serum Institute of India Ltd.) against the meningococcal group …
Author: Hirve S, Bavdekar A, Pandit A, et al.
- Improving Immunization Through Supportive Supervision
This fact sheet describes PATH's training of 70 immunization program supervisors in Vietnam's Ha Tinh Province to use supportive supervision methods, leading to immediate and significant improvements in performance.
Author: PATH; National Expanded Program on Immunization, Vietnam
- Improving the Affordability of Inactivated Poliovirus Vaccines (IPV) for Use in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: An Economic Analysis of Strategies to Reduce the Cost of Routine IPV Immunization
This report presents results from an economic model that calculates the costs involved in delivering IPV vaccine in Indian immunization clinics according to three strategies: (1) intradermal delivery of reduced volumes of vaccine per dose, (2) use …
Author: PATH, Working in Tandem, Ltd.
- Increasing Hepatitis B Vaccine Coverage Rates by Implementing an Out-of-the-cold-chain Strategy
In areas such as Southeast Asia with a high incidence of mother-to-child transmission of hepatitis B, the World Health Organization recommends a birth dose of the vaccine for all children. Hepatitis B vaccine is typically kept refrigerated, within …
Author: PATH; National Expanded Program on Immunization, Vietnam
- Increasing Vaccine Supply to Protect Against Influenza
This fact sheet describes a project that PATH is implementing in collaboration with the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority within the US Department of Health and Human Services. The project is supporting the enhancement of …
- Incremental Costs of Introducing Jet Injection Technology for Delivery of Routine Childhood Vaccinations: Comparative Analysis From Brazil, India, and South Africa
This article, published in Vaccine, describes a study that estimated the incremental costs of transitioning from needles and syringes to delivering childhood vaccines with disposable-syringe jet injectors (DSJIs) in Brazil, India, and South Africa. …
Author: Griffiths UK, Santos AC, Nundy N, Jacoby E, Matthias D
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Immunisation
This website from the Indian Academy of Pediatrics provides up-to-date information on vaccination for the general public and heath care professionals. It provides a range of resources including information about the latest recommendations by …
Author: Indian Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Immunisation
- Installing and Testing Battery-Free Solar Refrigerators in Vietnam
This photo set contains pictures of the installation and initial testing of two True Energy BLF 100 DC Sure Chill® battery-free solar powered vaccine refrigerators in Vietnam. The refrigerators were installed in May 2011, one in Thanh Ba district, …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- International Center for Diarrheal Disease Research, Bangladesh (icddr,b)
This website provides information on icddr,b's work in Bangladesh and other areas to develop and promote solutions to major health, population, and nutrition problems, particularly those involving diarrheal disease.
Author: International Center for Diarrheal Disease Research, Bangladesh
- Introduction of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) as Pentavalent (DPT-HepB-Hib) Vaccine in Two States of India
The National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization in India recommended the introduction of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine in their Universal Immunization Program (UIP) in 2008. From December 2011, Hib vaccine in combination with …
Author: Gupta SK, Sosler S, Lahariya C
- Investigation of Different Group A Immunoassays Following One Dose of Meningococcal Group A Conjugate Vaccine or A/C Polysaccharide Vaccine in Adults
This article, published in Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, details further analysis of the sera from a previous Phase 1 study to assess the safety, immunogenicity, and antibody persistence of a new group A conjugate vaccine, using four additional …
Author: Findlow H, Plikaytis BD, Aase A, et al.
- Japanese Encephalitis Activities: Focusing on Control in China and Beyond
A summary of the JE Project's work in China to evaluate and strengthen JE control. Information is also provided on PATH's partnership with the Chinese manufacturer of a safe and affordable JE vaccine.
- Japanese Encephalitis Disease Surveillance
This fact sheet summarizes efforts to develop and apply standardized surveillance methods to estimate the burden of JE disease in endemic regions. Reliable disease burden data will help policymakers as they consider JE vaccine introduction to …
- Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance in Cambodia
An update on surveillance activities in Cambodia supported by PATH's JE Project.
- Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance in Indonesia
An update on surveillance activities in Indonesian districts supported by PATH's JE Project.
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccination Campaign, India
This fact sheet provides an overview of the strategy and outcomes of the 2006 mass immunization campaigns to introduce the SA 14-14-2 vaccine in India's high risk districts. More than 9 million children were reached through this landmark effort.
Author: PATH; Government of India
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine Introduction
This fact sheet summarizes PATH’s collaboration with governments and local partners to help bring JE vaccines to endemic, developing countries, including Cambodia, India, Nepal, and North Korea. The fact sheet is an excerpt from a larger, …
- Keeping Track of Vietnam's Vaccines
This evidence brief describes how project Optimize worked in Vietnam with national, regional, and local partners to help introduce VaxTrak, a software program that allows users at various levels of the health system to track vaccine stock and report …
Author: PATH, Vietnam National Expanded Program on Immunization, World Health Organization
- Kill or Cure: Japanese Encephalitis
This 25-minute BBC World documentary, produced by Rockhopper TV, provides a glimpse of the devastating toll of Japanese encephalitis in Southeast Asia and the tireless efforts of many partners dedicated to making a vaccine widely available. The …
Author: PATH; Rockhopper TV
- Kill or Cure: Pneumo
This 25-minute BBC World documentary, produced by Rockhopper TV, highlights the burden of pneumococcal disease in Asia and Africa and the importance of vaccines against this life-threatening disease.
Author: Rockhopper TV
- Knowledge of Cervical Cancer and HPV Vaccine Post-Vaccination Among Mothers and Daughters in Vietnam
The authors of this article, published in the Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, assessed and compared knowledge and attitudes about cervical cancer and human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines, and whether that knowledge was associated with …
Author: Paul P, LaMontagne DS, Le NT