Total results with these characteristics: 196
- Global Action Plan for Prevention and Control of Pneumonia
This document outlines a global action plan to support countries in controlling pneumonia, providing a framework for action around which partners can coordinate their efforts. The document summarizes the global situation with respect to pneumonia, …
Author: World Health Organization, United Nations Children's Fund
- Global Burden of Childhood Pneumonia and Diarrhoea
This article, published in The Lancet, reviews the epidemiology of childhood diarrhea and pneumonia in 2010 to 2011 to inform the planning of integrated control programmes for both illnesses. The estimates show 1.731 billion episodes of diarrhea and …
Author: Walker CL, Rudan I, Liu L, et al.
- GMP-Grade Pneumococcal Whole-Cell Vaccine Injected Subcutaneously Protects Mice From Nasopharyngeal Colonization and Fatal Aspiration-Sepsis
This article, which appeared in Vaccine, details research conducted at Children’s Hospital Boston to determine the performance of subcutaneous injection of pneumococcal whole-cell vaccine in preclinical studies. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users …
Author: Lu YJ, Leite L, Gonçalves VM, et al.
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
This supplement to the Journal of Pediatrics features 13 original research articles on Hib. Several of the articles present new data on the impact of Hib vaccines in developing countries, including Bangladesh, The Gambia, Mongolia, and Mozambique. …
Author: Hajjeh R, Mulholland K, Santosham M, eds.
- Herd Immunity and Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine: A Quantitative Model
An empirical quantitative model was developed to estimate the herd (indirect) effects on the incidence of invasive disease among persons ≥5 years of age induced by vaccination of young children with 1, 2, or ≥3 doses of the …
Author: Haber M, Barskey A, Baughman W, et al.
This site offers information on vaccine and immunization programs at the American Academy of Pediatrics and includes video and text resources for parents. Resources include frequently asked questions for families, immunization information for …
Author: American Academy of Pediatrics
- Immunization of Aged Mice with a Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine Combined with an Unmethylated CpG-Containing Oligodeoxynucleotide Restores Defective Immunoglobulin G Antipolysaccharide Responses and Specific CD4+-T-cell Priming to Young Adult Levels
Polysaccharide (PS)-protein conjugate vaccines, in contrast to purified PS vaccines, recruit CD4+-T-cell help and restore defective PS-specific humoral immunity in the immature host. Surprisingly, in the immunocompromised, aged host, anti-PS …
Author: Sen G, Chen Q, Snapper C
- Immunization of Newborns with Bacterial Conjugate Vaccines
This article, published in Vaccine, discusses the use of bacterial conjugate vaccines in human newborns. Vaccines against Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae type B, and Neisseria meningiditis are covered. ABSTRACT ONLY: (Learn how …
Author: van den Biggelaar AH, Pomat WS
- Immunization with the Heptavalent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine in Bangladeshi Infants and Effects of Zinc Supplementation
Published in the journal Vaccine, this article aimed to determine the immunogenicity of the heptavalent pneumococcal protein conjugate (PNC) vaccine in poor Bangladeshi infants and to assess the effect of zinc supplementation on immune response to …
Author: Osendarp SJM, Prabhakar H, Fuchs GJ, et al.
- Immunize Canada
This partnership of nongovernmental, professional, health, consumer, government, and private-sector organizations aims to promote the understanding and use of vaccines recommended by Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization. Its goal is …
Author: Immunize Canada
- The Immunological Basis for Immunization Series
This web page provides links to individual disease/vaccine-specific modules that are intended to give immunization managers and vaccination professionals a brief and easy-to-understand overview of the scientific basis of vaccination, as well as the …
Author: World Health Organization
- The Impact of 7-Valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine on Invasive Pneumococcal Disease: A Literature Review
This article, published in Advances in Therapy, describes results from a literature review of 37 articles from Australia, western Europe, and North America reporting impact data on invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD) following the introduction of …
Author: Myint TTH, Madhava H, Balmer P, et al.
- Impact of Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccines on Nasopharyngeal Carriage and Invasive Disease Among Unvaccinated People: Review of Evidence on Indirect Effects
This article, published in Vaccine, summarizes the evidence for the indirect effect of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine on vaccine-type pneumococcal disease and its correlation with changes in carriage among unvaccinated populations.
Author: Davis SM, Deloria-Knoll M, Kassa HT, O'Brien KL
- The Impact of Protein-Conjugate Polysaccharide Vaccines: An Endgame for Meningitis?
The impact of conjugate polysaccharide vaccines on disease is largely due to their effectiveness against asymptomatic carriage of bacteria. This reduces transmission, resulting in herd immunity; however, the effect on carriage can result in the …
Author: Maiden MCJ
- Impact of the Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine on Otitis Media
Published in the Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, this study examines the impact of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine on the incidence of otitis media, frequent otitis media, and tympanostomy tube procedures and to assesses whether the …
Author: Fireman B, Black SB, Shinefield HR, et al.
- Improving Global Health by Preventing Pneumococcal Disease
This report summarizes the results of a six-month inquiry by the UK All-Party Parliamentary Group for Pneumococcal Disease Prevention in the Developing World (APPG) on the global disease burden of pneumococcal disease and pneumonia, …
Author: UK All-Party Parliamentary Group on Pneumococcal Disease Prevention in the Developing World
- Increasing Access to Lifesaving Vaccines: PATH Closes the Immunization Gap Through Innovation and Collaboration
This fact sheet outlines PATH's work on vaccines and immunization. Topic areas include developing affordable vaccines, designing innovative vaccine technologies, and expanding uptake of existing vaccines. These efforts reduce the burden of malaria, …
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Immunisation
This website from the Indian Academy of Pediatrics provides up-to-date information on vaccination for the general public and heath care professionals. It provides a range of resources including information about the latest recommendations by …
Author: Indian Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Immunisation
- Indirect Effects Associated with Widespread Vaccination of Infants with Heptavalent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV7; Prevnar)
Published in the journal Vaccine, this review summarises published reports of invasive pneumococcal disease incidence (1998–2005) among non-immunised individuals in countries with universal PCV7 immunisation. Findings suggest that …
Author: Isaacman DJ, Fletcher MA, Fritzell B, Ciuryla V, Schranz J
- Inferior Quantitative and Qualitative Immune Responses to Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine in Infants With Nasopharyngeal Colonization by Streptococcus pneumoniae During the Primary Series of Immunization
This study, published in Vaccine, corroborates previous hypotheses that infant nasopharyngeal colonization at any stage before completing the primary series of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) was associated with inferior quantitative and …
Author: Madhi SA, Violari A, Klugman KP, et al.
- Integrating Diarrheal Disease and Pneumonia Control
This fact sheet describes PATH's integrated approach to tackling diarrheal disease and pneumonia, two of the leading killers of young children. This approach emphasizes overlapping protection, the scale-up of proven methods, and the development of …
- Introducing New Vaccines Into Developing Countries: Obstacles, Opportunities, and Complexities
This commentary, published in Nature Medicine, reviews current trends that may affect whether the most promising of the 350 vaccine candidates under development will eventually be used in programs for the poor in developing countries. It also …
Author: Clemens J, Jodar L
- Invasive Pneumococcal Disease in Children: Geographic and Temporal Variations in Incidence and Serotype Distribution
Published in the European Journal of Pediatrics, this study examined published studies from the United States, Europe, and Latin America to better understand geographic and temporal variability in the epidemiology of invasive pneumococcal disease …
Author: Hausdorff WP
- Is the Pneumococcal Vaccine Advance Market Commitment Motivating Innovation and Increasing Manufacturing Capacity? Some Preliminary Answers
This article, published in Vaccine, provides preliminary evidence on the potential outcome of the pneumococcal vaccine Advance Market Commitment, with a focus on its impact on innovation in emerging vaccine manufacturers in low-resource countries. …
Author: Plahte J
- Issues and Challenges in the Development of Pneumococcal Protein Vaccines
In view of the increasing licensure and use of pneumococcal conjugate vaccines, the relatively high cost, and growing issues with serotype emergence, there is a need to re-evaluate the role of pneumococcal protein vaccines (PPVs) and pathways to …
Author: Ginsburg AS, Nahm MH, Khambaty FM, Alderson MR