Total results with these characteristics: 159
- Improving Global Health by Preventing Pneumococcal Disease
This report summarizes the results of a six-month inquiry by the UK All-Party Parliamentary Group for Pneumococcal Disease Prevention in the Developing World (APPG) on the global disease burden of pneumococcal disease and pneumonia, …
Author: UK All-Party Parliamentary Group on Pneumococcal Disease Prevention in the Developing World
- Increasing Access to Lifesaving Vaccines: PATH Closes the Immunization Gap Through Innovation and Collaboration
This fact sheet outlines PATH's work on vaccines and immunization. Topic areas include developing affordable vaccines, designing innovative vaccine technologies, and expanding uptake of existing vaccines. These efforts reduce the burden of malaria, …
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Immunisation
This website from the Indian Academy of Pediatrics provides up-to-date information on vaccination for the general public and heath care professionals. It provides a range of resources including information about the latest recommendations by …
Author: Indian Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Immunisation
- Indirect Effects Associated with Widespread Vaccination of Infants with Heptavalent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV7; Prevnar)
Published in the journal Vaccine, this review summarises published reports of invasive pneumococcal disease incidence (1998–2005) among non-immunised individuals in countries with universal PCV7 immunisation. Findings suggest that …
Author: Isaacman DJ, Fletcher MA, Fritzell B, Ciuryla V, Schranz J
- Inferior Quantitative and Qualitative Immune Responses to Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine in Infants With Nasopharyngeal Colonization by Streptococcus pneumoniae During the Primary Series of Immunization
This study, published in Vaccine, corroborates previous hypotheses that infant nasopharyngeal colonization at any stage before completing the primary series of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) was associated with inferior quantitative and …
Author: Madhi SA, Violari A, Klugman KP, et al.
- Introducing New Vaccines Into Developing Countries: Obstacles, Opportunities, and Complexities
This commentary, published in Nature Medicine, reviews current trends that may affect whether the most promising of the 350 vaccine candidates under development will eventually be used in programs for the poor in developing countries. It also …
Author: Clemens J, Jodar L
- Invasive Pneumococcal Disease in Children: Geographic and Temporal Variations in Incidence and Serotype Distribution
Published in the European Journal of Pediatrics, this study examined published studies from the United States, Europe, and Latin America to better understand geographic and temporal variability in the epidemiology of invasive pneumococcal disease …
Author: Hausdorff WP
- Is the Pneumococcal Vaccine Advance Market Commitment Motivating Innovation and Increasing Manufacturing Capacity? Some Preliminary Answers
This article, published in Vaccine, provides preliminary evidence on the potential outcome of the pneumococcal vaccine Advance Market Commitment, with a focus on its impact on innovation in emerging vaccine manufacturers in low-resource countries. …
Author: Plahte J
- Issues and Challenges in the Development of Pneumococcal Protein Vaccines
In view of the increasing licensure and use of pneumococcal conjugate vaccines, the relatively high cost, and growing issues with serotype emergence, there is a need to re-evaluate the role of pneumococcal protein vaccines (PPVs) and pathways to …
Author: Ginsburg AS, Nahm MH, Khambaty FM, Alderson MR
- Kill or Cure: Pneumo
This 25-minute BBC World documentary, produced by Rockhopper TV, highlights the burden of pneumococcal disease in Asia and Africa and the importance of vaccines against this life-threatening disease.
Author: Rockhopper TV
- Kill or Cure: Pneumo: The Vaccine
This 25-minute BBC World documentary, produced by Rockhopper TV, presents the burden of pneumococcal disease and highlights what needs to be done to accelerate the introduction of lifesaving vaccines against the disease.
Author: Rockhopper TV
- The Kinetics and Phenotype of the Human B-cell Response Following Immunization with a Heptavalent Pneumococcal CRM Conjugate Vaccine
Published in the journal Immunology, this study aimed to establish the kinetics and phenotype of B-cell subpopulations responding to booster immunization with a heptavalent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (Pnc7), which is to be introduced into the …
Author: Clutterbuck EA, Salt P, Oh S, et al.
- Kinetics of the Immune Response Following Pneumococcal PD Conjugate Vaccination
Primary vaccination with pneumococcal protein D conjugate vaccine in the first year of life induced clear ELISA and OPA responses, which varied considerably for the different serotypes. Antibody levels declined following primary vaccination but were …
Author: Schuerman L, Prymula R, Chrobok V, Dieussaert I, Poolman J
- Laboratory-Based Diagnosis of Pneumococcal Pneumonia: State of the Art and Unmet Needs
This article, published in Clinical Microbiology and Infection, summarizes a meeting organized by PATH and Fondation Mérieux from October 18 to 20, 2009 in Les Pensiéres, France, during which participants evaluated current pneumococcal …
Author: Vernet G, Saha S, Satzke C, et al.
- Landscape Analysis: Trends in Vaccine Availability and Novel Vaccine Delivery Technologies: 2008–2025
This landscape analysis identifies trends in the availability of vaccines and novel vaccine delivery technologies that are and will be of relevance to low- and middle-income countries from the present through 2025.
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Les Vaccins Conjugués: Conjugated Vaccines
This article, published in the French journal Therapie, discusses conjugate vaccines against Haemophilus influenzae type b, Neisseria meningitidis, and Streptococcus pneumoniae, and their successes in pediatric populations. The article also …
Author: Fritzell B
- Long-Term Immunogenicity and Efficacy of a 9-valent Conjugate Pneumococcal Vaccine in Human Immuno-deficient Virus Infected and Non-infected Children in the Absence of a Booster Dose of Vaccine
The long-term immunogenicity and vaccine efficacy (VE) of a 9-valent conjugate pneumococcal vaccine was studied in HIV infected and HIV non-infected children. VE against vaccine-serotype invasive pneumococcal disease following 6.16 years of …
Author: Madhi S
- Making New Vaccines Affordable: A Comparison of Financing Processes Used to Develop and Deploy New Meningococcal and Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccines
Two innovative mechanisms have been used to accelerate the development of low-price supply lines for conjugate vaccines. The Meningitis Vaccine Project is a so-called push mechanism that facilitated technology transfer to an Indian company to …
Author: Hargreaves JR, Greenwood B, Clift C, et al.
- Maternal Immunisation in Developing Countries
This article, published in Vaccine, discusses the benefits and challenges of implementing maternal immunization as a method of preventing infections in the developing world. Specifically, the article discusses the high incidence of pneumococcal …
Author: Greenwood B
- Measuring Impact of Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae type b Conjugate Vaccination
This manual describes approaches to measuring pneumococcal and Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine impact on disease incidence and provides a framework for determining the best methodology in a specific country setting. It details a …
Author: World Health Organization
- Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccines
This article, published in Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, reviews the conjugate meningococcal vaccines currently available and under development and their potential for disease prevention. The article also includes a discussion of the successful …
Author: Zimmer SM, Stephens DS
- Merck Manual: Pneumococcal Infections
Merck’s website offers information about pneumococcal pneumonia.
- Monitoring and Surveillance
This web page provides information about work being done to improve immunization monitoring and surveillance data in order to provide decision-makers with critical information both before vaccine introduction, as related to the existing disease …
Author: World Health Organization
- More About Pneumococcus
This web page on the Vaccine Resource Library provides a link to PATH's work on pneumococcus, as well as general information about the disease and the current vaccine landscape.
- Multinational Study of Pneumococcal Serotypes Causing Acute Otitis Media in Children
This study analyzed nine existing datasets comprising pneumococcal isolates from middle ear fluid samples collected from 1994 through 2000 from 3,232 children with AOM from Finland, France, Greece, Israel, several East European countries, the …
Author: Hausdorff WP, Yothers G, Dagan R, et al.