Topic: Delivery technologies
Total results with these characteristics: 42
- Proper Handling and Disposal of Auto-Disable Syringes and Safety Boxes
Part of the "Training Resource Series," this unique training module was specially designed to be easy to adapt for specific national programs. In addition to key technical content it includes quizzes, role plays, and creative ideas for trainers.
- Prospective Assessment of the Effect of Needle Length and Injection Site on the Risk of Local Reactions to the Fifth Diphtheria-Tetanus-Acellular Pertussis Vaccination
Local reactions are relatively common after the fifthdiphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis vaccination, but factorsassociated with an increased risk of those reactions are notwell defined. The objective of this study was to assess therelationship …
Author: Jackson LA, Starkovich P, Dunstan M, et al.
- Pull Mechanisms for Value-Added Technologies for Vaccines
Project Optimize, a collaboration between PATH and the World Health Organization, commissioned this white paper to examine the issues influencing vaccine producer willingness to advance, adopt, and commercialize value-added technologies for …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Reading Time-Temperature Indicators With the Uniject™ Device
This job aid illustrates how to read time-temperature indicators with the Uniject™ device, which is an autodisable, prefilled, single-use syringe that can be used with vaccines.
- Reading Time-Temperature Indicators With the Uniject™ Device: Worksheet
This worksheet can be used during trainings to help health workers learn how to read time-temperature indicators on the Uniject™ device, which is an autodisable, prefilled, single-use syringe that can be used with vaccines.
- Reconstitution Technologies
This fact sheet provides an overview of single-dose, prefilled reconstitution devices (SPRDs), which can make reconstitution of critical vaccines safer and more economical. SPRDs can help eliminate adverse events or wastage that can occur with …
- Safety of Injections: WHO-UNICEF-UNFPA Joint Statement on the Use of Auto-Disable Syringes in Immunization Services
This policy statement outlines recommended approaches to immunization safety through the use of auto-disable syringes and proper sharps disposal.
Author: World Health Organization, UNICEF, and the United Nations Population Fund
- Solutions That Save Lives: Health Technologies Give Mothers and Children the Chance for a Healthy Future
This fact sheet discusses PATH's work on the development and implementation of technologies, such as vaccines and vaccine delivery devices, to improve the health of women and children in poor and remote areas around the world.
- Strategies for Safe Injections
From the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, the article is a discussion of the implications of using sterilizable versus disposible injection equipment. Abstract also available in French.
Author: Battersby A, Feilden R, Stoeckel P, et al.
- Technologies for Injection Safety
Each year, more than 16 billion injections are administered worldwide and an estimated 40 percent are administered with reused, unsterilized injection equipment. In developing countries, immunization and some therapeutic programs have been proactive …
- Technologies for Oral Delivery of Vaccines
Vaccines against some pathogens can be more efficacious when delivered by the oral route, particularly if these are the routes of infection. This fact sheet describes PATH's approach to technologies for the oral delivery of vaccines and their …
- Technologies for Vaccine Delivery in the 21st Century
This 25-page paper looks at new vaccine delivery concepts that could benefit the developing world within the next ten years.
Author: World Health Organization, UNICEF, and PATH
- Using Uniject™ to Increase the Safety and Effectiveness of Hepatitis B Immunization
This seven-page paper describes use of an innovative injection device to immunize Indonesian newborns as soon after birth as possible. Results were positive: more infants were protected against hepatitis B earlier in life, health workers and parents …
- Vaccine Technologies at PATH
PATH and its partners have been advancing innovative vaccine technologies for more than 30 years. This report outlines PATH's approach and capabilities. It also describes a number of individual vaccine technologies at various …
- Vaccines: Handled with Care
This attractive, 25-page booklet describes how vaccines are stored and handled to ensure safety.
- Vaccines in Fast-Dissolving Tablets: Novel Product Format to Ensure Vaccine Effectiveness, Affordability, and Ease of Use
This fact sheet provides an overview of PATH's work in developing fast-dissolving tablet vaccine formulations that are manufactured using a standard lyophilization process. The small tablets are packaged in unit-dose blisters offering an …
- Vaccines in the Uniject™ Injection System
The Uniject™ injection system, a compact prefilled autodisable injection system, simplifies the act of giving an injection, makes the reuse of the syringe impossible, and reduces the burden on logistics systems by making medicament, needle, and …