Topic: Disease/vaccine specific information
Total results with these characteristics: 869
- All Kids Need Hepatitis B Shots
This informational brochure, created by the Immunization Action Coalition, provides parents with information on hepatitis B and vaccines against the disease. It also includes contact information for parents with questions about the hepatitis B …
Author: Immunization Action Coalition
- American Liver Foundation: Hepatitis B
The American Liver Foundation's web page on hepatitis B includes a description of the disease, how it's diagnosed, how it's treated, and the best way to prevent it.
Author: American Liver Foundation
- Analysis of Data Gaps Pertaining to Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Infections in Low and Medium Human Development Index Countries, 1984-2005
Published in Epidemiology and Infection, this article examines both population- and facility-based studies of ETEC infections and identifies a need for additional large, population-based studies combined with facility-based studies …
Author: Gupta SK, Keck J, Ram PK, et al.
- Analysis of Data Gaps Pertaining to Shigella Infections in Low and Medium Human Development Index Countries, 1984-2005
Published in Epidemiology and Infection, this article seeks to identify contemporary gaps in the understanding of the global epidemiology of shigellosis, through a review of the English-language scientific literature from 1984 to 2005, …
Author: Ram PK, Crump JA, Gupta SK, Miller MA, Mintz ED
- An Analysis of Rotavirus Vaccine Reports to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System: More Than Intussusception Alone?
This study, published in the journal Pediatrics, reviews cases presented to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System in order to determine whether severe adverse events other than intussusception occurred after vaccination with an …
Author: Haber M, Chen R, Zanardi L, et al.
- Analysis of Strategies to Successfully Vaccinate Infants in Developing Countries Against Enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC) Disease
This article, published in Vaccine, outlines current candidates for a safe and effective vaccine against ETEC. The authors argue that a critical roadblock to achieving this goal has not been the science as much as the lack of a sufficiently funded …
Author: Walker RI, Steele D, Aguado T, Ad Hoc ETEC Technical Expert Committee
- Analysis of World Health Organization Policy Development Processes for a New Intervention: Malaria Vaccines
This document aims to elucidate the World Health Organization (WHO) process for developing policy guidelines for a malaria vaccine. The analysis considered past WHO recommendations on new interventions and assessed potential implications …
- Andhra Pradesh: Building a Model Immunization System
This report discusses the work of PATH's Children's Vaccine Program and the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh to build a model immunization program, including the incorporation of hepatitis B vaccine into the childhood vaccination program.
- Antibody Persistence and Immunological Memory at Age Four Years After Meningococcal Group C Conjugate Vaccination in Children in the United Kingdom
This article, published in The Journal of Infectious Diseases, discusses a study of antibody persistence and immunological priming for two formulations of a meningococcal group C (menC) conjugate (MCC) vaccine administered at 2, 3, …
Author: Borrow R, Goldblatt D, Andrews N, et al.
- Antibody-Independent, Interleukin-17A-Mediated, Cross-serotype Immunity to Pneumococci in Mice Immunized Intranasally with the Cell Wall Polysaccharide
Published in the journal Infection and Immunity, this article shows that C-Ps given intranasally with mucosal adjuvant increased the resistance of mice to experimental nasopharyngeal colonization by capsulated S. pneumoniae of serotype 6B.
Author: Malley R, Srivastava A, Lipsitch M, et al.
- Anticipating New Vaccines in the Americas
This editorial, published in the Pan American Journal of Public Health, supports accelerated vaccine introduction and provides information on health inequities, program sustainability, and vaccine affordability.
Author: Andrus JK, Tambini G, di Fabio JL, Periago MR
- Apical Membrane Antigen 1: A Malaria Vaccine Candidate in Review
This article, published in Trends in Parasitology, presents the current understanding of apical membrane antigen 1 (AMA1), particularly in relation to the potential of AMA1 as a malaria vaccine and the approaches being taken toward clinical …
Author: Remarque EJ, Faber BW, Kocken CH, Thomas AW
- An Approach to Formative Research in HPV Vaccine Introduction Planning in Low-Resource Settings
Formative research can inform country-level vaccine delivery strategies, communication messages, and advocacy plans. This article, published in The Open Vaccine Journal, describes the conceptual framework of the formative research conducted by …
Author: Bingham A, Janmohamed A, Bartolini R, et al.
- Artemisinin Resistance in Plasmodium falciparum Malaria
This study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, compares the efficacies of two treatments--oral artesunate and artesunate followed by mefloquine--for uncomplicated falciparum malaria in Pailin, western Cambodia, and Wang Pha, …
Author: Dondorp AM, Nosten F, Yi P, et al.
- Ask the Experts: Update on the Safety of Rotavirus Vaccines
This article, published by the American Pharmacists Association, addresses the safety of rotavirus vaccines, including the latest information on possible contamination issues. The authors indicate that the documented benefits of RotaTeq and …
Author: Mojica B, Hess K
- Assessing Disease Burden of JE: Population-Based Surveillance
This slide presentation provides an overview of the components of a population-based surveillance system for JE. The presentation should be used in conjunction with the World Health Organization's Recommended Standards for Surveillance of Selected …
- Assessing Efficacy of Haemophilus influenzae type b Combination Vaccines
Regulatory approval of diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and acellular pertussis (DTaP)-based combination vaccines containing Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) has been delayed in the United States because of difficulty in assessing the effect of …
Author: Granoff DM
- Assessing the Environment for Introduction of Human Papillomavirus Vaccine in India
This article, published in The Open Vaccine Journal, presents findings from a study conducted in 2007 and 2008 in two states in India: Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat. The objectives of the study were to: design effective and appropriate HPV vaccine …
Author: Jacob M, Mawar N, Menezes L, et al.
- Assessing the Potency of Oral Polio Vaccine Kept Outside of the Cold Chain During a National Immunization Campaign in Chad
This article, published in Vaccine, reports on a study of the potency of monovalent oral polio vaccine type 3 kept at ambient temperatures during a polio immunization campaign in Chad. The results of the study show that post-campaign …
Author: Zipursky S, Boualam L, Cheikh DO, et al.
- Association Between Pentavalent Rotavirus Vaccine and Severe Rotavirus Diarrhea Among Children in Nicaragua
This article, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, summarizes the first study to assess the impact of rotavirus vaccination in a developing country. The authors concluded that the vaccine could have a substantial impact on …
Author: Patel M, Pedreira C, De Oliveira LH, et al.
- Avian and Pandemic Influenza: An Overview
This brief overview, published in the journal Vaccine, reviews basic virologic, immunologic, and epidemiologic information relevant to understanding and preparing for a pandemic influenza threat. In particular, the role of avian influenza …
Author: Poland G, Jacobson R, Targonski P
- Avian Influenza (Bird Flu)
This web page provides important information for the public, health professionals, and travelers on avian influenza, including key facts on how the virus is spread and treatment for avian influenza.
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Bacterial Diarrhea
This article, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, provides a description of bacterial diarrhea and evidence supporting various strategies to combat this problem. Also included are a list of pathogens that cause bacterial diarrhea and …
Author: DuPont HL
- Bacterial Infections: Meningococcal Disease
This web page provides information on meningococcal disease, including disease burden and vaccines, as well as links to relevent meningococcal resources.
Author: World Health Organization
- Bacterial Pneumonia Vaccines and Childhood Pneumonia: Are We Winning, Refining, or Redefining?
Published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases, this article provides an overview of the diagnostic challenges of bacterial pneumonia and highlight the need for refining the current diagnostic approach to ensure adequate epidemiological surveillance of …
Author: Obaro S, Madhi S