Topic: Vaccine safety and performance
Total results with these characteristics: 188
- Current Knowledge Regarding the Investigational 13-valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine
This article, published in Expert Reviews of Vaccines, explains the latest knowledge about the investigational 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV-13). It outlines the composition of the vaccine and the trials it has undergone to date …
Author: Dinleyici EC, Yargic ZA
- Decade of Vaccines
This supplement to Vaccine features articles on the Decade of Vaccines Global Vaccine Action Plan strategic objectives and the opportunities and challenges associated with its implementation. The 27 articles in the supplement cover a range of …
Author: Alonso PL, de Quadros CA, Lal AA, eds.
- Development and Preclinical Evaluation of Safety and Immunogenicity of an Oral ETEC Vaccine Containing Inactivated E. coli Bacteria Overexpressing Colonization Factors CFA/I, CS3, CS5 and CS6 Combined With a Hybrid LT/CT B Subunit Antigen, Administered Alone and Together With dmLT Adjuvant
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the development and preclinical testing of new oral vaccine against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) administered alone and in combination with an adjuvant. The studies found that oral …
Author: Holmgren J, Bourgeois L, Carlin N, et al.
- Development of Strategies to Overcome Barriers to Effective Mucosal Immunization of Infants in Developing Countries
This issue of the Old Herborn University Seminar Monograph provides a summary of the discussions at an expert workshop hosted by the Old Herborn University Foundation in June 2010. The discussions were held to examine the mechanisms that may …
Author: Heidt PJ, Walker RI, Rusch V, eds.
- A Dose-Escalation Safety and Immunogenicity Study of Live Attenuated Oral Rotavirus Vaccine 116E in Infants: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
This study, published in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, tested the neonatal rotavirus candidate vaccine 116E in a double-blind, placebo-controlled dose-escalation trial in India. Two doses of the Vero cell-adapted vaccine were evaluated in …
Author: Bhandari N, Sharma P, Taneja S, et al.
- Early Thimerosal Exposure and Neuropsychological Outcome at 7 and 10 Years
Investigators assessed neurological outcomes by testing more than 1,000 children aged 7 to 10 years and determined that early exposure to mercury from thimerosal-containing vaccines was not associated with deficits in neuropsychological functioning. …
Author: Thompson W, Price C, Goodson B, et al.
- Effect of Human Rotavirus Vaccine on Severe Diarrhea in African Infants
This article, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, discusses a study on the efficacy of rotavirus vaccine in Africa. Results showed 30.2 percent efficacy against all-cause severe gastroenteritis. The study concluded that rotavirus …
Author: Madhi SA, Cunliffe NA, Steele D, et al.
- Effect of Single Dose of SA 14-14-2 Vaccine One Year After Immunisation in Nepalese Children with Japanese Encephalitis: A Case-Control Study
Published in The Lancet, investigators conducted a case-control study and efficacy of the SA 14-14-2 JE vaccine to be 98.5 percent 12 to 15 months after vaccination. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in developing countries can gain free access …
Author: Ohrr H, Tandan JB, Sohn YM, et al.
- Effectiveness of Meningococcal Serogroup C Vaccine Programmes
Since the introduction of monovalent meningococcal serogroup C (MenC) glycoconjugate (MCC) vaccines and the implementation of national vaccination programs, the incidence of MenC disease has declined markedly as a result of effective short-term …
Author: Borrow R, Abad R, Trotter C, van der Kils FRM, Vazquez JA
- Effectiveness of Monovalent Rotavirus Vaccine in Bolivia: Case-Control Study
This article, published in BMJ, reports on a study that evaluated the effectiveness of two doses of a monovalent rotavirus vaccine against hospital admission for rotavirus at six hospitals in Bolivia, between March 2010 and June 2011. Results show …
Author: Patel MM, Patzi M, Pastor D, et al.
- Effectiveness of Pentavalent and Monovalent Rotavirus Vaccines in Concurrent Use Among US Children <5 Years of Age, 2009–2011
This article, published in Clinical Infectious Diseases, summarizes a study that assessed vaccine effectiveness of RotaTeq (RV5; 3 doses) and Rotarix (RV1; 2 doses) at reducing rotavirus acute gastroenteritis inpatient and emergency department (ED) …
Author: Payne DC, Boom JA, Staat MA, et al.
- Efficacy and Safety of Human Papillomavirus Vaccine for Primary Prevention of Cervical Cancer: A Review of Evidence From Phase III Trials and National Programs
This article, published in the South Asian Journal of Cancer, discusses the justification of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination in the backdrop of the natural history of cervical cancer, the mechanism of action of the vaccines, and efficacy and …
Author: Basu P, Banerjee D, Singh P, Bhattacharya C, Biswas J
- Efficacy of a Monovalent Human-Bovine (116E) Rotavirus Vaccine in Indian Infants: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
This article, published in The Lancet, reports on the results of a Phase 3 study to assess the efficacy and tolerability of a monovalent human-bovine rotavirus vaccine (116E) for severe rotavirus gastroenteritis in low-resource urban and rural …
Author: Bhandari N, Rongsen-Chandola T, Bavdekar A, et al.
- Efficacy of Human Rotavirus Vaccine Against Rotavirus Gastroenteritis During the First 2 Years of Life in European Infants: Randomised, Double-Blind Controlled Study
This article, published in The Lancet, presents data that show high efficacy for GSK's Rotarix® administered with routine vaccines. Over two seasons, Rotarix® demonstrated 90 percent efficacy against severe rotavirus among European …
Author: Vesikari T, Karvonen A, Prymula R, et al.
- Efficacy of the HPV-16/18 AS04-Adjuvanted Vaccine Against Low-Risk HPV Types (PATRICIA Randomized Trial): An Unexpected Observation
This article, published in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, reports on a post hoc analysis of the Phase 3 PATRICIA (PApilloma TRIal against Cancer In young Adults) trial that was performed to ascertain whether protection against low-risk human …
Author: Szarewski A, Skinner SR, Garland SM, et al.
- An Epidemiologic Study of Altered Clinical Reactivity to Respiratory Syncytial (RS) Virus Infection in Children Previously Vaccinated With an Inactivated RS Virus Vaccine
This article, published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, describes a study that evaluated altered clinical reactivity to a formalin-inactivated respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine candidate administered to healthy infants and children …
Author: Kapikian AZ, Mitchell RH, Chanock RM, Shvedoff RA, Stewart CE
- Estimation of the Potential Overall Impact of Human Papillomavirus Vaccination on Cervical Cancer Cases and Deaths
This article, published in Vaccine, reports on a study that aimed to estimate the potential real-life impact of the AS04-adjuvanted HPV-16/18 vaccine on cervical cancer cases and deaths at the country level. The authors found that HPV vaccination …
Author: Van Kriekinge G, Castellsagué X, Cibula D, Demarteau N
- Evaluation of Vaccines Against Enteric Infections: A Clinical and Public Health Research Agenda for Developing Countries
This article, from the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, provides a review of the enteric vaccines currently available and their lack of use in developing countries. The author purports that the reasons for this are multiple and …
Author: Clemens J
- Field Evaluation of a Respiratory Syncytial Virus Vaccine and a Trivalent Parainfluenza Virus Vaccine in a Pediatric Population
This article, published the American Journal of Epidemiology, describes a field study conducted in California, United States, that evaluated two formalin inactivated respiratory virus vaccines, a respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine and a …
Author: Chin J, Magoffin RL, Shearer LA, Schieble JH, Lennette EH
This website provides fact sheets, reports, articles, videos, and other resources about influenza symptoms, treatment, prevention, and vaccination.
Author: US Department of Health & Human Services
- Frequently Asked Questions About Immunization
A resource for frequently asked questions that aim to establish facts and myths on immunizing your children.
Author: KidsHealth, Nemours Foundation
- Gastroenteritis Hospitalizations in Older Children and Adults in the United States Before and After Implementation of Infant Rotavirus Vaccination
This article, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, reports on a study that explored the indirect impact of rotavirus vaccines on older age groups. The authors assessed patterns of gastroenteritis hospitalizations among …
Author: Gastañaduy PA, Curns AT, Parashar UD, Lopman BA
- The Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety
The Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety was established at the World Health Organization in 1999 "to respond promptly, efficiently, and with scientific rigour to vaccine safety issues of global importance." The site contains links to …
Author: World Health Organization
- The Global Vaccine Safety Initiative (GVSI)
The Global Vaccine Safety Initiative (GVSI) is a global collaborative effort to ensure that everyone everywhere can be protected from serious infectious diseases with minimal untoward effects from the best available vaccines. This website provides a …
Author: World Health Organization
- Guidelines for Collection, Analysis, and Presentation of Vaccine Safety Data in Pre- and Post-Licensure Clinical Studies
These guidelines, published in the journal Vaccine, seek to standardize vaccine safety assessment by improving the accuracy and completeness of collection, analysis, and presentation of information about Adverse Events Following Immunization in …
Author: Bonhoeffer J, Bentsi-Enchill A, Chen RT, et al.