Topic: Introduction and service delivery
Total results with these characteristics: 266
- Cervical Cancer Prevention Action Planner
This interactive tool is designed for public health officials seeking guidance and resources related to developing evidence-based cervical cancer prevention programs in their countries. It includes video mini-lectures and other films, impact models, …
- Cervical Cancer Prevention at PATH: Two Decades of Progress Toward a World Free of HPV-Related Cancers
This report describes PATH's key cervical cancer prevention initiatives, which include providing technical assistance with human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine program strategy and planning to low- and middle-income countries.
- Chapter 15: HPV Vaccine Use in the Developing World
The authors of this article, which is a chapter in a monograph published in Vaccine, argue that HPV vaccine should be introduced in the framework of comprehensive cervical cancer control, and offers an opportunity to bring together a wide range of …
Author: Kane MA, Sherris J, Coursaget P, Aguado T, Cutts F
- Clinical Aspects of Pandemic 2009 Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection
This article, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, offers a comprehensive review of virologic, epidemiologic, and clinical data on influenza A(H1N1) virus infections during the 2009 pandemic and summarizes key issues for clinicians …
Author: Writing Committee of the WHO Consultation on Clinical Aspects of Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 Influenza
- Comparative Review of Three Cost-Effectiveness Models for Rotavirus Vaccines in National Immunization Programs: A Generic Approach Applied to Various Regions in the World
This article, published in BMC Medicine, critically reviews available cost-effectiveness models for rotavirus vaccination, comparing their designs using a standardized approach and studying the similarities and differences in cost-effectiveness …
Author: Postma MJ, Jit M, Rozenbaum MH, Standaert BA, Tu HA, Hutubessy RCW
- The Compelling Need for Game-Changing Influenza Vaccines: An Analysis of the Influenza Vaccine Enterprise and Recommendations for the Future
This report provides a review of all aspects of influenza vaccine research and development, financing, manufacturing, efficacy, safety, regulatory issues, procurement, distribution, usage, public education, consumer acceptance, and public policy. …
Author: Center for Infectious Disease Research & Policy
- The Complex Journey of a Vaccine
This infographic provides a visual description of the complicated route that vaccines follow for manufacturing, formulation, packaging, and distribution, including where quality control testing is completed at each step in the process.
Author: International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations
- Comprehensive Cervical Cancer Prevention and Control: A Healthier Future for Girls and Women
This World Health Organization Guidance Note advocates for a comprehensive approach to cervical cancer prevention and control and is aimed at senior policy makers and programme managers. It describes the need to deliver effective interventions …
Author: World Health Organization
- Conducting Formative Research for HPV Vaccination Program Planning: Practical Experience from PATH
From 2006 to 2011, PATH conducted demonstration projects in four low- and middle-income countries—India, Peru, Uganda, and Vietnam—to provide evidence for decision-making about public-sector introduction of human papillomavirus (HPV) …
- Cost and Effectiveness Analysis of Immunization Service Delivery Support in Andhra Pradesh, India
Published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, this paper offers the first attempt to quantitatively evaluate the supportive supervision framework in Andhra Pradesh, India.
Author: Suraratdecha C, Ramana V, Kaipilyawar S, et al.
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Rotavirus Vaccination in Armenia
This article, published in Vaccine, evaluates the cost-effectiveness of introducing infant rotavirus vaccination in Armenia in 2012 using Rotarix(R)® using a multiple birth cohort model. The model considered the cost and health implications of …
Author: Jit M, Yuzbashyan R, Sahakyan G, Avagyan T, Mosina L
- Current HPV Vaccines and Future AIDS Vaccines: Common Challenges and Unprecedented Opportunities
This issue brief discusses how ensuring swift and efficient HPV vaccine introduction in developing countries will not only help address the burden of cervical cancer, but will also provide a valuable opportunity for AIDS vaccine researchers and …
Author: AIDS Vaccine Advocacy Coalition, International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, PATH
- Decade of Vaccines
This supplement to Vaccine features articles on the Decade of Vaccines Global Vaccine Action Plan strategic objectives and the opportunities and challenges associated with its implementation. The 27 articles in the supplement cover a range of …
Author: Alonso PL, de Quadros CA, Lal AA, eds.
- Decade of Vaccines Collaboration
This website provides information about the Decade of Vaccines (DoV) Collaboration, a time-limited consultation process which, as planned, dissolved at the end of 2012. The DoV Collaboration brought together diverse stakeholders to develop a Global …
Author: Decade of Vaccines Collaboration
- Delivering Cervical Cancer Prevention in the Developing World
This report highlights new partnerships and innovations in cervical cancer prevention and treatment. It also provides profiles of success in increasing access to HPV vaccines and treatment from around the world, with country spotlights on Mexico, …
Author: Women Deliver
- Developing a Vision for Immunization Supply Systems in 2020: Landscape Analysis Summaries
Facilitated by project Optimize and conducted by a multidisciplinary group of partners, these landscape analyses highlight ongoing work related to five priority areas that comprise the vision for immunization supply systems in 2020. The analyses …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Development of Strategies to Overcome Barriers to Effective Mucosal Immunization of Infants in Developing Countries
This issue of the Old Herborn University Seminar Monograph provides a summary of the discussions at an expert workshop hosted by the Old Herborn University Foundation in June 2010. The discussions were held to examine the mechanisms that may …
Author: Heidt PJ, Walker RI, Rusch V, eds.
- Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries, Second Edition
A comprehensive global health examination, this book contributes substantially to global initiatives to improve the health of all peoples by providing a multidisciplinary understanding of fundamental issues and challenges, as well as effective …
Author: Disease Control Priorities Project
- Effectively Introducing a New Meningococcal A Conjugate Vaccine in Africa: The Burkina Faso Experience
In 2010, Burkina Faso conducted a country-wide campaign to introduce a new Group A meningococcal conjugate vaccine, MenAfriVac™. Leading up to this effort, the following challenges were successfully managed: (1) conducting a large safety study …
Author: Djingarey MH, Barry R, Bonkoungou M, et al.
- Eliminating Epidemic Group A Meningococcal Meningitis in Africa Through a New Vaccine
This article, published in Health Affairs, discusses a new affordable vaccine against Group A meningococcus, the most common cause of large and often fatal African epidemics of meningitis, that was introduced in Burkina Faso, Mali, and Niger in …
Author: LaForce FM, Okwo-Bele J-M
- Elimination of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) Disease From The Gambia After the Introduction of Routine Immunisation With a Hib Conjugate Vaccine: A Prospective Study
Routine immunization of infants in The Gambia with a Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) polysaccharide-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine began in May 1997. This article, published in The Lancet, reports on a study that investigated the effectiveness …
Author: Adegbola RA, Secka O, Lahai G, et al.
- Ensuring Access to HPV Vaccines Through Integrated Services: A Reproductive Health Perspective
This article, published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, describes avenues for service delivery of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines and critical information gaps that must be bridged in order to inform future sexual and …
Author: Pollack AE, Balkin M, Edouard L, Cutts F, and Broutet N on behalf of the WHO/United Nations Population Fund Working Group on Sexual and Reproductive Health and HPV Vaccines
- Ensuring That Developing Countries Have Access to New Healthcare Products: The Role of Product Development Partnerships
According to this article published in the eJournal Innovation Strategies Today, product development partnerships (PDPs) are generating an increasing flow of health products, including vaccines, for diseases prevalent in developing countries. …
Author: Brooks AD, Wells WA, McLean TD, et al.
- Essential Training Package for HPV Vaccine Introduction for Countries Introducing Cervarix™ 2 Dose Vaccine
These eight training modules relate to key aspects of the introduction of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine Cervarix™. They are intended for use by health workers during vaccine introduction training sessions and contain facilitator notes …
Author: World Health Organization
- Evaluating HPV Vaccination Pilots: Practical Experience From PATH
From 2006 to 2011, PATH conducted human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination demonstration projects in India, Peru, Uganda, and Vietnam to provide evidence for decision-making about public-sector introduction of HPV vaccines. This report provides …