Disease: Not disease/vaccine specific
Total results with these characteristics: 424
- Assessment of the Vaccine Supply Chain for Fee-Based Immunization in Hanoi Capital and Ho Chi Minh City
This report summarizes an assessment conducted to understand the structure, scope, and quality of the vaccine supply chain for fee-based immunization services in two locations in Vietnam. It also provides recommendations for strengthening management …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Assessment of Vaccine Preventable Disease Surveillance Systems in Georgia
This document provides a comprehensive assessment of the Georgian vaccine preventable disease (VPD) surveillance system and identifies major problems in the Georgian health system that limit the ability of current surveillance efforts …
Author: Georgia's Ministry of Labor, Health, and Social Affairs and National Center for Disease Control
- An Assessment of Vaccine Supply Chain and Logistics Systems in Thailand
Improper storage and transportation can put vaccine products at risk of degradation. Therefore, an effective vaccine supply chain and logistics system is essential to ensure product quality. In 2009, the government of Thailand launched a pilot …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization, Health Systems Research Institute, Mahidol University
- "An Attempt to Swindle Nature": Anti-immunization Press Reports in Australia, 1993-1997
This interesting analysis of press coverage examines the most common anti-immunization "themes" in the Australian press and suggests possible advocacy strategies for countering the negative impact of such reportage. Adapted from: …
Author: Leask J, Chapman S
- Attitudes Toward Immunization in Cambodia: A Qualitative Study of Health Worker and Community Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices in Kampong Chhnang
Nearly 200 consumers and medical care providers were interviewed for this well-documented, qualitative research study. The data offer insight into many aspects of public and professional attitudes toward immunization and health care in general.
- The Australian Immunization Handbook
Similar to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Pink Book, this handbook provides information for health care providers on vaccine safety, immunization procedures, monitoring adverse events following immunization, and many other …
Author: Australian Department of Health and Aging
- Basic Support for Institutionalizing Child Survival (BASICS)
BASICS, the US government's largest child survival project, works in collaboration with other international agencies, nongovernmental organizations, health systems, and academic institutions and provides technical assistance to public health …
- Best Infection Control Practices for Interdermal, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular Needle Injections
From the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, this article discusses evidence-based guidelines for making injections safer. Abstracts are available in Spanish, French, and Arabic.
Author: Hutin Y, Hauri A, Chiarello L, et al.
- Best Infection Control Practices for Skin-Piercing Intradermal, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular Needle Injections
This leaflet outlines the best practices for safe injections, with pictograms to aid in training. Topics include preventing needlestick injuries to the provider, using sterile equipment, preventing contamination of equipment and medication, and …
Author: World Health Organization, Safe Injection Global Network, and the International Council of Nurses
- BioVentures for Global Health
BioVentures for Global Health (BVGH) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives by accelerating the development of novel biotechnology-based drugs, vaccines, and diagnostics to address the unmet medical needs of the developing world. …
Author: BioVentures for Global Health
- Bridging the "Know-Do" Gap: Meeting on Knowledge Translation in Global Health
This meeting report provides guidance on knowledge translation strategies that can "harness the power of scientific evidence and leadership to inform and transform policy and practice." The report includes examples of country and regional …
Author: World Health Organization
- A Broken Trust: Lessons from the Vaccine–Autism Wars
This article, published in PLoS Biology, discusses Sharon Kaufman's investigation into the forces fueling the growing divide between scientists and citizens, with the vaccine–autism link as her example. Kaufman aimed to …
Author: Gross L
- Building Next-Generation Vaccine Supply Systems: Supply Chain Modeling and Optimization
This fact sheet describes how Project Optimize—a collaboration between the World Health Organization and PATH—and their partners are working with countries to model the impact of changes to vaccine logistics and supply systems on vaccine …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- A Call to Action for the New Decade of Vaccines
This article, published in The Lancet, argues that there is a moral imperative to make vaccines widely available on an equitable basis. The authors lay out a call to action for the new decade of vaccines, which embraces four key elements. …
Author: Moxon ER, Das P, Greenwood B, et al.
- Canadian Immunization Guide
This comprehensive manual deals with a wide range of scientific and clinical issues relating to child, adult, and traveler immunization. Information is provided on vaccine safety, immunization recommendations, and specific vaccines and diseases.
Author: Public Health Agency of Canada
- Care and Repair of Refrigerators for Vaccine Storage
This set of 17 training modules, developed for refrigerator technicians, includes handbooks on different types of refrigerators, as well as courses on service and repair techniques, repair work, and stocking spare parts, among others.
Author: World Health Organization
- The Case for Childhood Immunization
This evidence-based, 16-page paper documents the many benefits of fully immunizing children, including health and financial benefits.
- Case Study on the Costs and Financing of Immunization Services in Morocco
Partners in Health for Reform Plus, in collaboration with WHO and the Morrocan Ministry of Health, conducted an in-depth study of the costs and financing of immunization, and their report offers options in the areas of program planning, management, …
Author: Kaddar M, Mookherji S, DeRoeck D, Antona D
- Case Study on the Costs of Financing of Immunization Services in Ghana
This study estimates the current and future costs of Ghana's immunization program, including the additional costs proposed for improvements to the program, both to assist planning and to inform the international community about global immunization …
Author: Levin A, England S, Jorissen J, Garshong B, Teprey J
- Childhood Immunization: A Worthwhile Investment
This attractive PowerPoint show is an immunization advocacy tool designed to be adapted for different situations. Presenters are encouraged to insert their organizational logo, add or subtract pages, substitute images, or revise the text, depending …
- The Childhood Immunization Schedule
This fact sheet explains how the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention develops their recommended childhood immunization schedule and provides answers to several frequently asked questions about the schedule. This document is intended for …
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Childhood Immunization Schedule and Safety: Stakeholder Concerns, Scientific Evidence, and Future Studies
This report provides a comprehensive examination of the United States' childhood immunization schedule. The committee convened to prepare this report was tasked with identifying research approaches, methodologies, and study designs that could …
Author: Institute of Medicine
- Childhood Immunization: What You Need to Know
Information for parents and health care workers about diseases and vaccines, extensive questions and answers, and charts comparing disease risk versus vaccine risk.
- Clear Answers & Smart Advice About Your Baby’s Shots
Written by pediatrician and author Ari Brown, MD, this six-page handout addresses the concerns of vaccine-hesitant parents, including vaccine safety, autism, and alternative vaccination schedules.
Author: Brown A
- Cold Chain and Logistics Management: An Essential Part of Safe and Effective Vaccination Programs
This fact sheet provides information on cold chain and logistics for vaccine delivery, including challenges for managing the cold chain, examples of effective cold chain management, and the costs associated with the cold chain.