Total results with these characteristics: 1525
- Adult Vaccination Resources Library
This online library gathers resources specifically related to adult immunization, providing healthcare providers and the general public with access to relevant resources that can be used in a clinic setting or for individual education. It includes …
Author: Immunization Action Coalition
- Advance Market Commitments for Vaccines
This informative fact sheet provides a definition of Advance Market Commitments as a potential financing mechanism for bringing new vaccines to the developing world and also outlines World Health Organization's position on the mechanism.
Author: World Health Organization
- Advanced Adjuvants for Novel Vaccines: Expanding Access to Technology in the Fight Against Infectious Disease
This fact sheet describes the positive impact that adjuvants can have on vaccine efficacy and, potentially, immunization program costs. It also describes PATH’s work to expand global access to proprietary and non-proprietary adjuvants as well …
- Advancing New Technologies Against Influenza
This fact sheet highlights PATH's work to advance the development of new vaccines against influenza that are affordable and accessible for the developing world.
- Advancing Vaccine Formulations of Importance to Developing Countries Using New and Existing Adjuvant Technologies
The positive impact of adjuvants on vaccination can be functional and practical. A handful of adjuvants are currently licensed for human vaccination, and a number of new adjuvants have reached advanced development stages. However, access to these …
Author: Blum J, Chen D, Cummings R
- Adverse Effects of Vaccines: Evidence and Causality
Though generally very rare or minor, there are side effects, or “adverse effects,” associated with some vaccines. This report provides an analysis of more than 1,000 research articles that were reviewed to assess the risk of specific …
Author: Institute of Medicine
- Adverse Events Following Immunization During Mass Vaccination Campaigns at First Introduction of a Meningococcal A Conjugate Vaccine in Burkina Faso, 2010
MenAfriVac™ is a new meningococcal A conjugate vaccine developed to prevent meningitis outbreaks in Africa. It was first introduced during the last quarter of 2010 in three West African countries. The authors of this article, published in …
Author: Ouandaogo CR, Yaméogo TM, Diomandé FVK, et al.
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices consists of 15 experts in fields associated with immunization who provide advice and guidance to the US government on the control of vaccine-preventable diseases. This website provides their …
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Advocacy for Immunization
This manual provides information on how to generate and maintain support for vaccination programs, including how to create messages and materials, engage policymakers, and work with the media.
Author: PATH and the GAVI Alliance
- Advocacy for Japanese Encephalitis
This fact sheet summarizes PATH's efforts toward raising awareness about Japanese encephalitis vaccination among stakeholders at local, national, regional, and global levels. The fact sheet is an excerpt from a larger, comprehensive document that …
- Advocacy to Improve Global Health: Strategies and Stories From the Field
By influencing the priorities and actions of those in power, PATH works to create a policy environment that supports good health. This workbook provides examples of how PATH uses ten key steps for strategic advocacy to achieve lasting policy change. …
- Africa Routine Immunization System Essentials Project: Technical Resources
The three-year Africa Routine Immunization System Essentials (ARISE) project, which ended in November 2012, worked to build the evidence base on what drives improvements in routine immunization in Africa. Findings from the project's work complement …
Author: JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
- African Meningitis Belt
This map of the African continent displays the location of the Meningitis Belt, an area in Africa where a large number of meningitis epidemics occur.
Author: United Nations Country Team in Ethiopia
- Airborne Transmission of Influenza A/H5N1 Virus Between Ferrets
This article, published in Science, details a study investigating the potential of avian influenza A/H5N1 to become transmissible by aerosol or respiratory droplet between humans. Researchers genetically modified the virus and measured the degree to …
Author: Herfst S, Schrauwen EJA, Linster M, et al.
- Albania: Demonstrating the Benefits of an Online Immunization Registry
This document describes how project Optimize is collaborating with the Albanian Institute of Public Health to transform the way immunization data and vaccine stock are managed. The two-year collaboration aims to evaluate the benefits of a supply …
Author: PATH; World Health Organization
- Albania Pilots an Immunization Information System
The Albanian Ministry of Health, in collaboration with project Optimize, developed a registry-based immunization information system. This fact sheet illustrates how the data the new system produces has been used to improve the management of the …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- All Kids Need Hepatitis B Shots
This informational brochure, created by the Immunization Action Coalition, provides parents with information on hepatitis B and vaccines against the disease. It also includes contact information for parents with questions about the hepatitis B …
Author: Immunization Action Coalition
- Aluminum in Vaccines: What You Should Know
This fact sheet, intended for patients, parents, and healthcare providers, answers the most frequently asked questions about the use and safety of aluminum in vaccines.
Author: Vaccine Education Center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- American Academy of Pediatrics
This website provides information on a range of child health issues, including vaccines and immunization. The AAP is dedicated to improving the social, mental, and physical health and well-being of children.
Author: American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Liver Foundation: Hepatitis B
The American Liver Foundation's web page on hepatitis B includes a description of the disease, how it's diagnosed, how it's treated, and the best way to prevent it.
Author: American Liver Foundation
- Analysis of Data Gaps Pertaining to Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Infections in Low and Medium Human Development Index Countries, 1984-2005
Published in Epidemiology and Infection, this article examines both population- and facility-based studies of ETEC infections and identifies a need for additional large, population-based studies combined with facility-based studies …
Author: Gupta SK, Keck J, Ram PK, et al.
- Analysis of Data Gaps Pertaining to Shigella Infections in Low and Medium Human Development Index Countries, 1984-2005
Published in Epidemiology and Infection, this article seeks to identify contemporary gaps in the understanding of the global epidemiology of shigellosis, through a review of the English-language scientific literature from 1984 to 2005, …
Author: Ram PK, Crump JA, Gupta SK, Miller MA, Mintz ED
- Analysis of Strategies to Successfully Vaccinate Infants in Developing Countries Against Enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC) Disease
This article, published in Vaccine, outlines current candidates for a safe and effective vaccine against ETEC. The authors argue that a critical roadblock to achieving this goal has not been the science as much as the lack of a sufficiently funded …
Author: Walker RI, Steele D, Aguado T, Ad Hoc ETEC Technical Expert Committee
- Analysis of World Health Organization Policy Development Processes for a New Intervention: Malaria Vaccines
This document aims to elucidate the World Health Organization (WHO) process for developing policy guidelines for a malaria vaccine. The analysis considered past WHO recommendations on new interventions and assessed potential implications …
- Andhra Pradesh: Building a Model Immunization System
This report discusses the work of PATH's Children's Vaccine Program and the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh to build a model immunization program, including the incorporation of hepatitis B vaccine into the childhood vaccination program.