Total results with these characteristics: 1497
- Current HPV Vaccines and Future AIDS Vaccines: Common Challenges and Unprecedented Opportunities
This issue brief discusses how ensuring swift and efficient HPV vaccine introduction in developing countries will not only help address the burden of cervical cancer, but will also provide a valuable opportunity for AIDS vaccine researchers and …
Author: AIDS Vaccine Advocacy Coalition, International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, PATH
- Current Knowledge Regarding the Investigational 13-valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine
This article, published in Expert Reviews of Vaccines, explains the latest knowledge about the investigational 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV-13). It outlines the composition of the vaccine and the trials it has undergone to date …
Author: Dinleyici EC, Yargic ZA
- Current PATH Initiatives in Cervical Cancer Prevention
This fact sheet summarizes PATH's current work in cervical cancer prevention. Since PATH began to focus on cervical cancer in 1991, its portfolio has expanded to cover the full range of technologies and approaches for the prevention of cervical …
- Current Use and Development of Vaccines for Japanese Encephalitis
This literature review, published in Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, analyzes use of current JE vaccines and development of alternative vaccine candidates. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in developing countries can gain free access to …
Author: Beasley D, Lewthwaite P, Solomon T.
- A Decade of Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance in Sarawak, Malaysia: 1997-2006
From the journal Tropical Medicine and International Health, this summary of surveillance data from Malaysia reveals seasonal peak incidence, age distribution of JE cases, and effect of the JE immunization program on disease incidence.
Author: Wong SC, Ooi MH, Abdullah AR, et al.
- Decade of Vaccines
This supplement to Vaccine features articles on the Decade of Vaccines Global Vaccine Action Plan strategic objectives and the opportunities and challenges associated with its implementation. The 27 articles in the supplement cover a range of …
Author: Alonso PL, de Quadros CA, Lal AA, eds.
- Decade of Vaccines Collaboration
This website provides information about the Decade of Vaccines (DoV) Collaboration, a time-limited consultation process which, as planned, dissolved at the end of 2012. The DoV Collaboration brought together diverse stakeholders to develop a Global …
Author: Decade of Vaccines Collaboration
- Decline in Invasive Pneumococcal Disease After the Introduction of Protein-Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccine
Published in the New England Journal of Medicine, this study examined population-based data from the Active Bacterial Core Surveillance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to evaluate changes in the burden of invasive disease, defined …
Author: Whitney C, Farley M, Hadler J, et al.
- Decline in Pneumonia Admissions After Routine Childhood Immunization with Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine in the USA: A Time-Series Analysis
Published in The Lancet, this article assesses the effect of routine infant immunization with seven-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV7) on rates of all-cause and pneumococcal pneumonia admissions. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in …
Author: Grijalva CG, Nuorti JP, Arbogast PG, et al.
This website provides comprehensive resources on diarrheal disease treatment interventions, including low-osmolarity oral rehydration solution, zinc treatment, and rotavirus vaccines. Traditional interventions such as improved sanitation and …
- Definition and Characterization of Localised Meningitis Epidemics in Burkina Faso: A Longitudinal Retrospective Study
The epidemiology of meningococcal meningitis in the African meningitis belt is characterized by seasonality, localized epidemics, and epidemic waves. To facilitate research and surveillance, the authors of this article, published in BMC Infectious …
Author: Tall H, Hugonnet S, Donnen P, et al.
- Delivering Cervical Cancer Prevention in the Developing World
This report highlights new partnerships and innovations in cervical cancer prevention and treatment. It also provides profiles of success in increasing access to HPV vaccines and treatment from around the world, with country spotlights on Mexico, …
Author: Women Deliver
- Delivering MenAfriVac Using the Controlled Temperature Chain Approach
In November 2012, the first immunization campaign to use a controlled temperature chain (CTC) took place in northern Benin. This photo set by project Optimize contains images taken during the campaign, where more than 155,000 people were vaccinated …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Delivering Vaccines: A Cost Comparison of In-Country Vaccine Transport Container Options
Project Optimize undertook a cost-comparison case study of five container options for vaccine transport from the national to the regional level in Senegal. This report may be used as a starting point for other country vaccine programs weighing …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Designing Safe Syringe Disposal Systems for Immunization Services
This 30-page manual for program managers helps guide decision-making related to safe syringe disposal at the district level. A range of disposal methods and issues are covered, including practical advice on incineration (with details on two small …
- Designing Vaccines for Developing-Country Populations: Ideal Attributes, Delivery Devices, and Presentation Formats
This article, published in Procedia in Vaccinology, discusses the importance of designing vaccines with traits that will minimize complications for immunization programs and increase the likelihood of successful adoption. The article also summarizes …
Author: Kristensen D, Zaffran M
- Desirable Attributes of Vaccines for Deployment in Low-Resource Settings
This article, published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, discusses the opportunities and challenges associated with developing vaccines with desirable attributes, including enhanced stability and efficient packaging, that can help to …
Author: Chen D, Zehrung D
- Detecting Meningococcal Meningitis Epidemics in Highly-Endemic African Countries
This article, published in the World Health Organization's (WHO's) Weekly Epidemiological Record, provides the WHO recommendation for detecting and responding to meningococcal meningitis epidemics in highly-endemic countries in Africa. In each …
Author: World Health Organization
- Developing a Vision for Immunization Supply Systems in 2020: Landscape Analysis Summaries
Facilitated by project Optimize and conducted by a multidisciplinary group of partners, these landscape analyses highlight ongoing work related to five priority areas that comprise the vision for immunization supply systems in 2020. The analyses …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Developing New Vaccines Against Pneumonia and Other Pneumococcal Diseases
This fact sheet, issued by PATH, outlines PATH's pneumococcal vaccine project from a technical perspective, including an overview of PATH's vaccine development portfolio, research activities, and partners to support the development of vaccines …
- Development and Clinical Evaluation of Prevnar 13, a 13-Valent Pneumocococcal CRM197 Conjugate Vaccine
This article, published in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, discusses the development, clinical evaluation, and postlicensure impact of the 13-valent pneumococcal CRM(197) protein conjugate vaccine, PCV13, (Prevnar 13®). ABSTRACT …
Author: Gruber WC, Scott DA, Emini EA
- Development and Implementation of a National Programme for the Management of Severe and Very Severe Pneumonia in Children in Malawi
This article, published in PLoS Medicine, provides an overview of the development and implementation of a national program for the management of severe and very severe childhood pneumonia in Malawi. Based on a successful delivery model used by the …
Author: Enarson PM, Gie R, Enarson DA, Mwansambo C
- Development and Preclinical Evaluation of Safety and Immunogenicity of an Oral ETEC Vaccine Containing Inactivated E. coli Bacteria Overexpressing Colonization Factors CFA/I, CS3, CS5 and CS6 Combined With a Hybrid LT/CT B Subunit Antigen, Administered Alone and Together With dmLT Adjuvant
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the development and preclinical testing of new oral vaccine against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) administered alone and in combination with an adjuvant. The studies found that oral …
Author: Holmgren J, Bourgeois L, Carlin N, et al.
- Development and Technology Transfer of Haemophilus influenzae type b Conjugate Vaccines for Developing Countries
This article, published in Vaccine, describes the development of a Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine at the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment/Netherlands Vaccine Institute (RIVM/NVI), and the subsequent …
Author: Beurret M, Hamidi A, Kreeftenberg H
- Development of a Fast-Dissolving Tablet Formulation of a Live Attenuated Enterotoxigenic E. coli Vaccine Candidate
A fast-dissolving tablet (FDT) that could be packaged in a compact stackable blister sheet is a potentially attractive option for formulating oral vaccines, since it would minimally impact the cold chain and could potentially be administered …
Author: Lal M, Priddy S, Bourgeois L, et al.