Disease: Japanese encephalitis
Total results with these characteristics: 99
- 2006 Report of the Steering Committee on Dengue and Other Flavivirus Vaccines
The Japanese encephalitis (JE) section of this report summarizes current activities aimed at furthering JE control through immunization, including clinical trials, the establishment of an Adverse Events Following Immunization surveillance …
Author: World Health Organization
- Advocacy for Japanese Encephalitis
This fact sheet summarizes PATH's efforts toward raising awareness about Japanese encephalitis vaccination among stakeholders at local, national, regional, and global levels. The fact sheet is an excerpt from a larger, comprehensive document that …
- Assessing Disease Burden of JE: Population-Based Surveillance
This slide presentation provides an overview of the components of a population-based surveillance system for JE. The presentation should be used in conjunction with the World Health Organization's Recommended Standards for Surveillance of Selected …
- The Burden of JE in Southeast Asia: The Role of NGOs in the Fight Against the Disease
This presentation, given at the 2006 meeting of the American Society for Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, provides an overview of JE disease burden and the activities of the PATH JE project.
- Clinical Assessment of Children with Suspected Central Nervous System Infections
This PowerPoint presentation trains doctors and health care workers in areas where Japanese encephalitis is endemic on how to assess a patient presenting with acute encephalitis syndrome. This version has still images only; a version with video …
Author: Univerity of Liverpool Brain Infections Group
- Clinical Manifestations and Diagnosis of Encephalitis
This presentation provides an overview of the clinical manifestations and diagnosis of encephalitis. This presentation can be adapted for your specific use.
- A Cohort Study to Assess the New WHO Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance Standards
From the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, researchers evaluated the clinical case definition of acute encephalitis syndrome, which the standards use for identification of JE patients, to determine its sensitivity and specificity.
Author: Solomon T, Thao TT, Lewthwaite P, et al.
- Comparison of the Immunogenicity and Safety of Measles Vaccine Administered Alone or With Live, Attenuated Japanese Encephalitis SA 14-14-2 Vaccine in Philippine Infants
This article, published in the journal Vaccine, presents data generated through a PATH-supported study that demonstrated safe and immunogenic coadministration of measles vaccine and the live, attenuated japanese …
Author: Gatchalian S, Yao Y, Zhoub B, et al.
- Confirmation of Japanese Encephalitis as an Endemic Human Disease Through Sentinel Surveillance in Indonesia
Japanese encephalitis (JE) results in significant mortality and disability in children in Asia. In Indonesia, despite recognition of JE virus transmission, reports of human disease have been few and from limited geographic areas. Hospital-based …
Author: Ompusunggu S, Hills S, Sembiring Maha M, et al.
- Control of Japanese Encephalitis--Within Our Grasp?
The article, from the New England Journal of Medicine, provides an up-to-date summary of JE disease incidence, epidemiology, and vaccines against JE.
Author: Solomon T
- Cost-Effectiveness of Japanese Encephalitis Vaccination
This fact sheet summarizes methods and results of cost-effectiveness analyses performed by PATH and its partners to determine the economic implications of introducing JE vaccine programs. The fact sheet is an excerpt from a larger, comprehensive …
- Cost-Effectiveness of Routine Immunization to Control Japanese Encephalitis in Shanghai, China
From the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, this article investigates the cost-effectiveness of JE immunization in China and demonstrates that a JE immunization program can be a cost-saving intervention for countries.
Author: Ding D, Kilgore PE, Clemens JD, Liu W, Xu Z
- Creating a Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance System in Vietnam
This document provides details on PATH's partnership with the National Expanded Program on Immunization in Vietnam to enhance surveillance of JE disease and inform future immunization program planning.
- Current Use and Development of Vaccines for Japanese Encephalitis
This literature review, published in Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, analyzes use of current JE vaccines and development of alternative vaccine candidates. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in developing countries can gain free access to …
Author: Beasley D, Lewthwaite P, Solomon T.
- A Decade of Japanese Encephalitis Surveillance in Sarawak, Malaysia: 1997-2006
From the journal Tropical Medicine and International Health, this summary of surveillance data from Malaysia reveals seasonal peak incidence, age distribution of JE cases, and effect of the JE immunization program on disease incidence.
Author: Wong SC, Ooi MH, Abdullah AR, et al.
- Diagnostic and Laboratory Testing Aspects of JE
This slide presentation give an overivew of the diagnostic and laboratory testing aspects of JE and can be apdated to fit your audience.
- Disease Outbreak News
This web page provides frequently updated information about current disease outbreaks, as well as disease-specific archives of past alerts and links to related resources.
Author: World Health Organization
- Effect of Single Dose of SA 14-14-2 Vaccine One Year After Immunisation in Nepalese Children with Japanese Encephalitis: A Case-Control Study
Published in The Lancet, investigators conducted a case-control study and efficacy of the SA 14-14-2 JE vaccine to be 98.5 percent 12 to 15 months after vaccination. ABSTRACT ONLY. (Learn how users in developing countries can gain free access …
Author: Ohrr H, Tandan JB, Sohn YM, et al.
- Effectiveness of One Dose of SA 14-14-2 Vaccine Against Japanese Encephalitis
Correspondence, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, about a small case control study in Uttar Pradesh, India, on the efficacy of a single dose of the SA 14-14-2 JE vaccine within six months of its administration. …
Author: Kumar R, Tripathi P, Rizvi A
- E-medicine: Japanese Encephalitis
This article provides a comprehensive overview of the disease.
Author: Kallen A
- Epidemiology and Burden of Disease from Japanese Encephalitis in Cambodia: Results From Two Years of Sentinel Surveillance
This article, published in Tropical Medicine & International Health, describes the results of two years of surveillance for Japanese encephalitis (JE) disease in Cambodian children aged 15 years and under at six sentinel …
Author: Touch S, Hills S, Sokhal B, et al.
- Epidemiology of Japanese encephalitis in Context With Indian Scenario
This article provides a historical overview of Japanese encephalitis (JE) in India since the first detection of JE virus activity in 1952 until the 2006 introduction of JE vaccine in high-risk states and expansion of vaccination efforts in …
Author: Dhillon GP, Raina VK
- The Epidemiology of JE
This slide presentation gives an overview of the epidemiology of JE and can be adapted for individual use.
- Evaluation of Three Immunoglobulin M Antibody Capture Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assays for Diagnosis of Japanese Encephalitis
From the American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, this study evaluates the sensitivity, specificity, and usability of three commercially-available kits for Japanese encephalitis laboratory diagnostics.
Author: Jacobson J, Hills S, Winkler J, et al.
- How to Perform a Lumbar Puncture
This slide presentation gives an overview of performing a lumbar puncture in diagnosing encephalitis.