Total results with these characteristics: 119
- 2009 Influenza A (H1N1) Monovalent Vaccines for Children
This editorial, published in The Journal of the American Medical Association, comments on new immunogenicity data on 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) vaccines for children. The data suggest that a single dose of the vaccine offers protection …
Author: Fiore AE, Neuzil KM
- Adult Vaccination Resources Library
This online library gathers resources specifically related to adult immunization, providing healthcare providers and the general public with access to relevant resources that can be used in a clinic setting or for individual education. It includes …
Author: Immunization Action Coalition
- Advancing New Technologies Against Influenza
This fact sheet highlights PATH's work to advance the development of new vaccines against influenza that are affordable and accessible for the developing world.
- Adverse Effects of Vaccines: Evidence and Causality
Though generally very rare or minor, there are side effects, or “adverse effects,” associated with some vaccines. This report provides an analysis of more than 1,000 research articles that were reviewed to assess the risk of specific …
Author: Institute of Medicine
- Airborne Transmission of Influenza A/H5N1 Virus Between Ferrets
This article, published in Science, details a study investigating the potential of avian influenza A/H5N1 to become transmissible by aerosol or respiratory droplet between humans. Researchers genetically modified the virus and measured the degree to …
Author: Herfst S, Schrauwen EJA, Linster M, et al.
- Assessment of Human Immune Responses to H7 Avian Influenza Virus of Pandemic Potential: Results from a Placebo-Controlled, Randomized Double-Blind Phase I Study of Live Attenuated H7N3 Influenza Vaccine
This article, published in PLOS ONE, reports on the results of a double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled Phase 1 clinical trial of a cold-adapted and temperature-sensitive A/H7N3 live attenuated influenza vaccine candidate. The results of the …
Author: Rudenko L, Kiseleva I, Naykhin AN, et al.
- Avian and Pandemic Influenza: An Overview
This brief overview, published in the journal Vaccine, reviews basic virologic, immunologic, and epidemiologic information relevant to understanding and preparing for a pandemic influenza threat. In particular, the role of avian influenza …
Author: Poland G, Jacobson R, Targonski P
- Avian Influenza (Bird Flu)
This web page provides important information for the public, health professionals, and travelers on avian influenza, including key facts on how the virus is spread and treatment for avian influenza.
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Can Successful Vaccines Teach Us How to Induce Efficient Protective Immune Responses?
This article, published in Nature Medicine, reviews current successful vaccines and identifies their mechanisms of protection in the hopes of tackling the challenges posed by those infectious targets that have thus far escaped successful …
Author: Lambert PH, Liu M, Siegrist CA
- Clinical Aspects of Pandemic 2009 Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection
This article, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, offers a comprehensive review of virologic, epidemiologic, and clinical data on influenza A(H1N1) virus infections during the 2009 pandemic and summarizes key issues for clinicians …
Author: Writing Committee of the WHO Consultation on Clinical Aspects of Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 Influenza
- The Compelling Need for Game-Changing Influenza Vaccines: An Analysis of the Influenza Vaccine Enterprise and Recommendations for the Future
This report provides a review of all aspects of influenza vaccine research and development, financing, manufacturing, efficacy, safety, regulatory issues, procurement, distribution, usage, public education, consumer acceptance, and public policy. …
Author: Center for Infectious Disease Research & Policy
- Correlates of Protection: Novel Generations of Influenza Vaccines
This article, published in the journal Vaccine, reviews potential correlates of protection against influenza and discusses some of the vaccination strategies that could result in optimal protection against epidemic and pandemic influenza. ABSTRACT …
Author: Rimmelzwaan GF, McElhaney JE
- Cross-Reactive Antibody Responses to the 2009 Pandemic H1N1 Influenza Virus
This article, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, describes a study to assess preexisting immunity in humans to the new pandemic influenza A(H1N1) virus in order to evaluate seasonal vaccine strategies. Researchers used a …
Author: Hancock K, Veguilla V, Lu X, et al.
- Disease Outbreak News
This web page provides frequently updated information about current disease outbreaks, as well as disease-specific archives of past alerts and links to related resources.
Author: World Health Organization
- Diseases and the Vaccines That Prevent Them
This series of fact sheets describes symptoms of infection as well as the benefits and risk of vaccination for 14 diseases, including hepatitis B, Haemophilus influenzae type b, influenza, pneumococcal disease, polio, and rotavirus. There …
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Effectiveness of an Indian-made Attenuated Influenza A(H1N1)pdm 2009 Vaccine: A Case Control Study
This article, published in Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics, details a case control study to evaluate the effectiveness of a live attenuated A(H1N1)pdm 2009 vaccine produced by the Serum Institute of India, Ltd., which was distributed in …
Author: Kulkarni PS, Agarkhedkar S, Lalwani S, et al.
- Effectiveness of Maternal Influenza Immunization in Mothers and Infants
Young infants and pregnant women are at increased risk for serious consequences of influenza infection. Inactivated influenza vaccine is recommended for pregnant women but is not licensed for infants younger than six months of age. This study …
Author: Zaman K, Roy E, Arifeen S, et al.
- Emergence of a Novel Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus in Humans
This article, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, describes the findings of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Novel Swine-Origin Influenza A(H1N1) Virus Investigation Team from their assessment of the …
Author: Novel Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Investigation Team
- Estimated Global Mortality Associated With the First 12 Months of 2009 Pandemic Influenza A H1N1 Virus Circulation: A Modelling Study
This article, published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases, estimates the global mortality associated with the first 12 months of the 2009 influenza A/H1N1 virus pandemic. Results of the analysis estimate that respiratory and cardiovascular …
Author: Dawood FS, Iuliano AD, Reed C, et al.
- Estimating Age-Specific Cumulative Incidence for the 2009 Influenza Pandemic: A Meta-analysis of A(H1N1)pdm09 Serological Studies From 19 Countries
This article, published in Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, details the results of a meta-analysis conducted to provide insights into the global impact of the 2009 influenza A(H1N1) pandemic. The study estimates overall and age-specific …
Author: Van Kerkhove MD, Hirve S, Koukounari A, Mounts AW
- Expanding Vaccine Solutions Against Influenza
This fact sheet highlights PATH's multifaceted approach to expanding vaccine solutions against pandemic and seasonal influenza that are optimal for the developing world. It describes our efforts to advance the development of promising new influenza …
- Flu (Influenza)
This web page provides key information about influenza, including seasonal, avian, and pandemic influenza. Resources include information on causes, symptoms, prevention, and treatment for influenza.
Author: US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
This website provides fact sheets, reports, articles, videos, and other resources about influenza symptoms, treatment, prevention, and vaccination.
Author: US Department of Health & Human Services
- Getting Beyond Getting Ready for Pandemic Influenza
This US Congressional report provides an assessment of the US government's efforts under the Bush administration to conduct influenza pandemic preparedness activities. The report is based on Congressional hearings and meetings with public- …
Author: US House of Representatives Committee on Homeland Security
- Global Burden of Respiratory Infections Due to Seasonal Influenza in Young Children: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
This article, published in The Lancet, details a systematic review and meta-analysis to estimate the global incidence of and mortality from lower respiratory infections associated with influenza in children younger than five years of age. Based on …
Author: Nair H, Brooks WA, Katz M, et al.