- Strengthening National Regulatory Capacity: PATH Supports Countries to Ensure Health Products Are Safe, Effective, and Swiftly Delivered
Global investments to strengthen regulatory capacity in developing countries help ensure desperately needed medical products are delivered, thereby improving health and equipping countries with the expertise and infrastructure to make important health decisions for years to come.
Publication date: July 2012
- Strengthening Private-Sector Involvement in TB and HIV in Vietnam
This factsheet introduces PATH’s work in Vietnam to design and implement approaches to working with private-sector providers as a way to increase access to existing TB and HIV case detection, treatment, and prevention services.
Publication date: July 2008
- Strengthening Regional Work on Gender-Based Violence: A Meeting of Activists, Practitioners, and Researchers from the Horn, East and Southern Africa, Kampala, Uganda, November 8-9, 2006
In November 2006, more than 100 community activists, advocates, researchers, service providers, health care professionals, and practitioners gathered in Kampala, Uganda, for a first-of-its-kind meeting on strengthening regional work on gender-based violence. Participants from 15 countries discussed innovative interventions, unexpected challenges, and lessons learned from their collective experiences in the field.The meeting was a collaborative initiative of PATH, Raising Voices, the Gender-Based Violence Prevention Network, the Interagency Gender Working Group, and the East Africa Regional Office of the US Agency for International Development. This report synthesizes the workshops, presentations, and discussions that were held over the two days.
Publication date: January 2008
- Strengthening the Quality of Abortion Services in Vietnam
This fact sheet provides an overview of PATH's work to improve the quality of and access to medical abortion services, including post-abortion family planning, at the district level in Vietnam.
Publication date: March 2013
- Strengthening the Role of Pharmacies: Building Pharmacists' Capacity as Primary Health Care Providers
This fact sheet describes PATH's work to strengthen the capacity of staff in almost 1,000 pharmacies across Vietnam to deliver primary health care services.
Publication date: August 2012
- Strengthening Understanding of Femicide: Using Research to Galvanize Action and Accountability
This publication provides an overview of a conference on femicide convened jointly by PATH, the Inter-American Alliance for the Prevention of Gender-based Violence, the Medical Research Council of South Africa, and the World Health Organization in Washington, DC, April 14–16, 2008. The conference brought together activists, researchers, and forensic professionals from 13 countries, with the aim of identifying common ground for strengthening research and galvanizing global action to prevent femicide and end the impunity so often granted to perpetrators.
Publication date: May 2009
- Strengthening Vietnam's immunization program
PATH, in close partnership with Vietnam's National Expanded Program on Immunization (NEPI), has worked to increase the quality, safety, and efficiency of immunization services through the Iris Project. This fact sheet describes the project's process of testing province-wide systems improvements, identifying best practices, and encouraging other provinces to adopt the improvements. Work included updating and improving policies, training staff, and increasing community knowledge and demand for vaccination, particularly through technical updates, training of trainers, an introduction to supportive supervision, an out-of-the-cold-chain study, and an injection safety project with needle removers.
Publication date: 2007
- Study of Sales of Kenyan Water Filters Shows Promise: PATH Partners With Local Agency to Explore New Ways to Offer Residents Water Filters
PATH’s Safe Water Project is implementing innovative methods to enable commercial enterprises to produce, distribute, sell, and maintain effective household water treatment and safe storage products for low-income populations in multiple developing countries around the world. This fact sheet summarizes PATH's work with the Safe Water and AIDS Project to explore the viability of distributing household water treatment devices through a basket-of-goods sales model in Kenya.
Publication date: January 2012
- Sublingual, Heat-Stable Oxytocin Tablets for Postpartum Hemorrhage: A Simple, Rapid, and Needle-Free Approach to Reducing Maternal Mortality
Postpartum hemorrhage (PPH), or excessive bleeding after childbirth, is the single largest cause of maternal death worldwide. In this poster, created for the 2013 Saving Lives at Birth DevelopmentXChange, PATH proposed to develop heat-stable fast-dissolving oxytocin tablets for sublingual delivery, helping to more easily and effectively prevent and treat PPH in low-resource communities. The small, needle-free tablet format eliminates the risks associated with sharps use and disposal. Its heat stability also reduces the need for expensive cold chain transport and storage.
Publication date: July 2013
- Suggested Urban Health Post Model and Sure Start Maharashtra Framework
This document presents a suggested model for urban intervention in maternal and newborn health after the successful implementation of the Sure Start project in urban slums of Maharashtra, India. In addition, the document provides a diagrammatic representation of the strategy and approach adopted by Sure Start in Maharashtra for demand generation and system linkages.
Publication date: March 2012
Part of series: Sure Start publications
- Summary of Optimize Activities Conducted With Vietnam's National Expanded Programme on Immunization
Between 2010 and 2012, project Optimize collaborated with Vietnam’s National Expanded Program on Immunization to demonstrate innovations in the vaccine supply chain that can help to meet the demands expected as Vietnam’s immunization program continues to grow. This report describes the activities undertaken in Vietnam as part of the collaboration. For a full report on Optimize’s activities in Vietnam, see Optimize: Vietnam Report.
Publication date: October 2012
- Summary of Proceeedings: Consultative Forum on Cervical Cancer Prevention in Low-resource Settings
Author: Castro W
Publication date: 2001
- Summary of Vaccine Stability Data
These documents provide stability data as of November 2012 on commonly used, licensed vaccines and stability data as of May 2012 from available data on novel, investigational vaccine formulations. Data are sorted by vaccine in a table format.
Publication date: November 2012
- Summary Report: Evaluation of Retractable Syringes in a Measles-Rubella Immunization Campaign in Peru
In 2006, UNICEF, the Peruvian Ministry of Health, and PATH performed an evaluation in Peru to assess perceptions of acceptability and safety of automatic retractable syringes in an immunization setting and their affect on waste disposal. The evaluation showed that retractable syringes were seen as a reliable, easy-to-use, preferred alternative to standard disposables in the campaign setting. The evaluation also found that retractable syringes have the potential to improve the safe management of sharps waste.
Publication date: October 2008
- Supply and Demand for Household Water Treatment Products in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Maharashtra, India
This document is part of a series of project briefs discussing the activities, research findings, and field experiences of PATH’s Safe Water Project. The briefs are available in two formats: one for onscreen viewing and one for booklet-style printing.
Author: Kols A
Publication date: January 2009
Part of series: Safe water briefs
- Support to Ukraine in Implementing Its National TB Program
In this document you will find a fact sheet describing the tuberculosis (TB) Project in Ukraine.
Author: Gamazina K; Tsarenko A; Bishop A
Publication date: 2006
Region: Eastern Europe
- Supporting National TB Programs to Expand DOTS
Brochure describing PATH's national TB programs to expand DOTS. Created for a global meeting on TB in Paris, Oct/Nov. 2004.
Author: Hanson C; Gerber W
Publication date: 2004
- Supporting Progress on Advocacy, Communication, and Social Mobilization for Tuberculosis Control: A Report on Outcomes of Regional ACSM Workshops for Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Recipient Countries
This report describes lessons learned and recommendations from regional advocacy, communication, and social mobilization (ACSM) workshops for Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria recipient countries. The report describes the follow-on ACSM activities and outputs that have been generated at the country level as a result of participation in the workshops and makes recommendations for next steps in the development of effective ACSM interventions to support tuberculosis control goals and objectives.
Publication date: February 2009
- Supporting Tuberculosis Control in Vietnam: Building Bridges to Reduce TB Burden
This fact sheet provides an overview of PATH's support to the government of Vietnam on tuberculosis control activities, including the public-private mix referral mechanism and advocacy, communications, and social mobilization strategy.
Publication date: February 2013
- Supportive Supervision to Sustain Health Worker Capacity in Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam and North Sumatera
This document summarizes PATH’s work in Indonesia to sustain best practices among health workers in project provinces through a supportive supervision program.
Publication date: April 2008