Subject: About PATH's work > Strengthening health systems
- SRH-HIV Convergence Newsletter (Volume 1, Issue 1)
This document is the first in a series of periodic policy and practice updates about work undertaken by PATH on the convergence of HIV services and sexual and reproductive health services (SRH) in India.
Author: Sellers T, Saha A, Panda M, Pauchauri A
Publication date: April 2006
Part of series: HIV-SRH Convergence newsletters
- Streamlining Immunization Logistics in the Provinces of Central Java and Yogyakarta, Indonesia
This document describes the Streamlining Immunization Logistics project, implemented between April 2005 and March 2006 in eight districts of Central Java and Yogyakarta, Indonesia. This project has demonstrated qualitative improvements in the efficiency of sub-national logistic systems supporting the delivery of immunization services.
Author: Lloyd J
Publication date: 2006
- Strengthening Health Systems Through Procurement
This two-page fact sheet details the procurement systems strengthening work that PATH has done over two decades in over 30 countries.
Publication date: June 2008
- Strengthening Immunization Services Through Service Delivery Support: The Andhra Pradesh Experience
Publication date: 2006
- Strengthening National Regulatory Capacity: PATH Supports Countries to Ensure Health Products Are Safe, Effective, and Swiftly Delivered
Global investments to strengthen regulatory capacity in developing countries help ensure desperately needed medical products are delivered, thereby improving health and equipping countries with the expertise and infrastructure to make important health decisions for years to come.
Publication date: July 2012
- Strengthening Private-Sector Involvement in TB and HIV in Vietnam
This factsheet introduces PATH’s work in Vietnam to design and implement approaches to working with private-sector providers as a way to increase access to existing TB and HIV case detection, treatment, and prevention services.
Publication date: July 2008
- Strengthening the Quality of Abortion Services in Vietnam
This fact sheet provides an overview of PATH's work to improve the quality of and access to medical abortion services, including post-abortion family planning, at the district level in Vietnam.
Publication date: March 2013
- Strengthening the Role of Pharmacies: Building Pharmacists' Capacity as Primary Health Care Providers
This fact sheet describes PATH's work to strengthen the capacity of staff in almost 1,000 pharmacies across Vietnam to deliver primary health care services.
Publication date: August 2012
- Strengthening Vietnam's immunization program
PATH, in close partnership with Vietnam's National Expanded Program on Immunization (NEPI), has worked to increase the quality, safety, and efficiency of immunization services through the Iris Project. This fact sheet describes the project's process of testing province-wide systems improvements, identifying best practices, and encouraging other provinces to adopt the improvements. Work included updating and improving policies, training staff, and increasing community knowledge and demand for vaccination, particularly through technical updates, training of trainers, an introduction to supportive supervision, an out-of-the-cold-chain study, and an injection safety project with needle removers.
Publication date: 2007
- Supportive Supervision to Sustain Health Worker Capacity in Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam and North Sumatera
This document summarizes PATH’s work in Indonesia to sustain best practices among health workers in project provinces through a supportive supervision program.
Publication date: April 2008
- Sure Start: Helping Mothers and Newborns Thrive
Sure Start is an initiative intended to catalyze sustainable improvements in maternal and newborn health through effective community action in selected districts of Uttar Pradesh and urban sites of Maharashtra, India. The Sure Start project has been designed to complement and support the Government of India’s commitment to improving maternal and newborn health. This fact sheet gives an overall picture and progress of the project to date.
Publication date: July 2009
Part of series: Sure Start publications
- Tackling Pneumonia and Diarrheal Disease Through Program and Policy Coordination: A Case Study of PATH's Integrated Approach in Cambodia
This case study highlights how PATH's Enhanced Diarrheal Disease Initiative can serve as a model for an integrated advocacy and implementation approach to childhood pneumonia and diarrheal disease, which could be replicated in other districts of Cambodia and other countries across the world. This case study is a comprehensive version of the shorter Saving Children Through Program and Policy Integration.
Publication date: January 2013
- Temperature Recording System in National Vaccine Stores of Khartoum, Sudan, and Tehran, Iran
Both Iran and Sudan utilize an alarm-based temperature recording system to monitor the performance of their national immunization cold stores. To better the utility and application of such systems in other countries, this project Optimize report documents the benefits, challenges, and advantages of both Iran’s and Sudan’s systems.
Author: Haghgou, M
Publication date: May 2010
- Thogomelo Project
This project brief describes the Thogomelo project, which is designed to build South Africa's capacity to care for its community caregivers and protect children left vulnerable by the AIDS pandemic.
Publication date: February 2009
- A Trainer's Guide for a Workshop on Tuberculosis for Pharmacy Staff in Cambodia
This guide is based on widely used global training curricula for pharmacy staff developed and tested by PATH. The guide is intended for distribution to the tuberculosis trainers in Cambodia's municipal health departments, provincial health departments, and operational districts as well as the Pharmacy Association of Cambodia who have attended a trainer of trainers' course. The full guide contains two complete sections: one in Khmer and one in English. It is also available divided into each language.
Publication date: September 2011
- US Department of Defense and PATH: Collaborations Enhance Health for the World's Poorest People
This fact sheet describes how PATH and the US Department of Defense (DOD) collaborate to enhance the health of the world’s poorest people and presents a sampling of PATH projects that are DOD-funded.
Publication date: April 2013
Region: North America and Europe
- US Department of Health and Human Services and PATH: Partnering to Protect and Improve Global Health
PATH and the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) work together to improve global health around the world. This fact sheet highlights the PATH projects—some with a global reach and some working within specific regions—that are supported by HHS.
Publication date: April 2013
- USAID and PATH: Working Together to Improve Global Health
PATH and USAID work together to improve global health around the world. This fact sheet highlights the many PATH projects—some with a global reach and some working within specific regions—that are supported by USAID.
Publication date: April 2013
- Uthungulu District Profile: Integrating Health and Development Services for Mothers and Children
This document describes the Window of Opportunity project's efforts to integrate health and development services for mothers and children in Uthungulu District, South Africa. The Window of Opportunity project is a five-year initiative led by PATH, with support from BHP Billiton Sustainable Communities, that focuses on improving the health and development of children younger than two years in South Africa and Mozambique.
Publication date: September 2012
Part of series: Window of Opportunity project: district profiles
- Vietnam: Progress Beyond High Coverage - Increasing Immunization Program Quality, Safety, and Efficiency
Publication date: January 2007