Subject: About PATH's work > Strengthening health systems
- PATH in Ukraine and the Region
Brochure of PATH's activities in the region.
Publication date: December 2008
Region: Eastern Europe
- The PATH Rotavirus Vaccine Program: Equal Protection Against a Childhood Threat
This fact sheet provides an update on the activities of the PATH Rotavirus Vaccine Program, which aims to dramatically reduce the typical 10- to 15-year timeline between introduction of new vaccines in wealthy countries and their availability in the developing world. Activities include measuring disease burden, determining vaccine efficacy and safety in developing countries, communicating the value of rotavirus vaccines, and generating information on the health economics of rotavirus vaccination.
Author: Phillips D
Publication date: April 2007
- PATH's Framework for Health Services Integration
Integration of health services—within communities, health organizations, broader health systems, and across sectors—is one way PATH works to improve global health. This overview brochure describes PATH's framework for health services integration, while four case studies provide specific examples of PATH's integration work.
Publication date: July 2011
- PATH's Japanese Encephalitis Project: Collaboration and Commitment to Protect Asia's Children
This report summarizes the activities and achievements of PATH's Japanese encephalitis project (2003–2009), which aimed to accelerate availability of a safe and efficacious vaccine to vulnerable communities throughout Asia. Technical fact sheets bundled with the report provide guidance on disease surveillance, cost-effectiveness, advocacy, vaccine introduction, and more. The report is available as one large file or as four smaller files for easier downloading.
Publication date: October 2010
- PATH's Maternal and Newborn Health Technology Initiative
This brochure describes PATH’s work in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa, through the Maternal and Newborn Health Technology Initiative (MNTI).
Author: Gundry, D
Publication date: June 2008
- PATH’s Experience in Strengthening Health Systems
Strengthening health systems is a core component of PATH’s overall mission to improve the health of people around the world. We pursue deliberate and measurable outcomes related to service management, policy, financing, supply systems, human resources, and information and monitoring systems. This document describes PATH’s experience in strengthening health systems.
Publication date: August 2008
- Pharmacy Provision of Youth-Friendly Services: A Toolbox with Resources for On-the-Job Training of Pharmacy Staff in Cambodia
A resource for on-the-job training of pharmacy staff that reinforces knowledge about STIs, EC, and regular contraceptive methods as well as provision of youth-friendly services.
Author: Srimuangboon H; Hutchings J; Weldin M
Publication date: 2005
- Piloting a Malaria Public-Private Mix Model in Cambodia
This fact sheet describes PATH's work to improve malaria diagnosis, treatment, and referral practices in the private sector to contain drug-resistant parasites in Cambodia.
Publication date: January 2011
- Public-Private Mix for TB-HIV Control
This fact sheet provides an overview of PATH's work in Vietnam to control tuberculosis and HIV by enhancing referrals from the private sector to existing public-sector prevention and treatment services, thus improving case detection.
Publication date: October 2011
- Public-Private Mix: Involving Pharmacies and Other Providers in TB Control - A Cambodia Case Study
This document describes the successful introduction of a public-private mix program designed to increase the detection of tuberculosis in Cambodia. It is hoped that health programs in other high-burden countries will find this a useful guide for introducing or scaling up their own public-private mix activities.
Publication date: September 2011
- Reaching Youth Through Pharmacies
This fact sheet describes the work of the RxGen Project.
Publication date: June 2006
- Saving Children Through Program and Policy Integration: A Peek Into PATH’s Coordinated Approach to Curbing Pneumonia and Diarrhea in Cambodia
PATH and our partners implemented the Enhanced Diarrheal Disease Initiative in 2011 to tackle the leading killers of Cambodian children under five years old: pneumonia and diarrheal disease. The program successfully strengthened policies related to diarrheal disease and pneumonia and implemented a new integrated package of services within rural communities. This document is a condensed version of the case study Tackling Pneumonia and Diarrheal Disease Through Program and Policy Coordination.
Publication date: February 2013
- Screening and Treatment to Reduce the Risk and Incidence of Cervical Cancer
This fact sheet provides an overview of PATH's work to prevent cervical cancer in Vietnam through the piloting of a "screen and treat" model in three provinces.
Publication date: May 2011
- Sedibeng District Profile: Supporting Enhanced Child Health Services
This document describes the Window of Opportunity project's efforts to enhance child health services in Sedibeng District, South Africa. The Window of Opportunity project is a five-year initiative led by PATH, with support from BHP Billiton Sustainable Communities, that focuses on improving the health and development of children younger than two years in South Africa and Mozambique.
Publication date: September 2012
Part of series: Window of Opportunity project: district profiles
- Senegal: Changing the Face of Immunization in West Africa - Practical Solutions Transform Vaccine Delivery and Injection Safety
Publication date: 2004
- SRH-HIV Convergence Newsletter (Volume 1, Issue 1)
This document is the first in a series of periodic policy and practice updates about work undertaken by PATH on the convergence of HIV services and sexual and reproductive health services (SRH) in India.
Author: Sellers T, Saha A, Panda M, Pauchauri A
Publication date: April 2006
Part of series: HIV-SRH Convergence newsletters
- Streamlining Immunization Logistics in the Provinces of Central Java and Yogyakarta, Indonesia
This document describes the Streamlining Immunization Logistics project, implemented between April 2005 and March 2006 in eight districts of Central Java and Yogyakarta, Indonesia. This project has demonstrated qualitative improvements in the efficiency of sub-national logistic systems supporting the delivery of immunization services.
Author: Lloyd J
Publication date: 2006
- Strengthening Health Systems Through Procurement
This two-page fact sheet details the procurement systems strengthening work that PATH has done over two decades in over 30 countries.
Publication date: June 2008
- Strengthening Immunization Services Through Service Delivery Support: The Andhra Pradesh Experience
Publication date: 2006
- Strengthening National Regulatory Capacity: PATH Supports Countries to Ensure Health Products Are Safe, Effective, and Swiftly Delivered
Global investments to strengthen regulatory capacity in developing countries help ensure desperately needed medical products are delivered, thereby improving health and equipping countries with the expertise and infrastructure to make important health decisions for years to come.
Publication date: July 2012