Sure Start is an initiative intended to catalyze sustainable improvements in maternal and newborn health through effective community action in selected districts of Uttar Pradesh and urban sites of Maharashtra, India. The Sure Start project has been designed to complement and support the Government of India’s commitment to improving maternal and newborn health. This fact sheet gives an overall picture and progress of the project to date.
Corporate author(s): PATH
Publication date: July 2009
Some digital files may be saved at low resolutions to conserve file size. Versions with higher quality may be available; see the contact information below to enquire.
This publication is part of the series Sure Start publications
Related regions: Asia
- About PATH's work > Encouraging healthy behaviors
- About PATH's work > Strengthening health systems
- For advocates and policymakers > Child health
- Health technologies > Newborn health
- Maternal and child health > Safe birth and newborn care
For more information…
Contact: PATH Publications
Mailing address: PATH, PO Box 900922, Seattle, WA 98109 USA