This document is intended to start discussions around quantifying the need for safe injection equipment and the amount of infectious sharps waste produced by testing and treatment programs for diseases such as HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria. The analysis was developed to support advocacy efforts to integrate injection safety as an essential element of all health care programs.
Corporate author(s): PATH
Publication date: July 2009
74 KB PDF
Some digital files may be saved at low resolutions to conserve file size. Versions with higher quality may be available; see the contact information below to enquire.
Related regions: Global
- Emerging and epidemic diseases > HIV and AIDS
- Emerging and epidemic diseases > Malaria
- Emerging and epidemic diseases > Tuberculosis
- Health technologies > Health care waste management
- Health technologies > Safe injection
For more information…
Contact: PATH Publications
Mailing address: PATH, PO Box 900922, Seattle, WA 98109 USA