HWTS Design Guidelines
- The time required for the device to produce a desired quantity of safe water that is acceptable to end users.
- Threshold: the time to treat the volume in the upper container should be overnight (~8 hours) or less.
- Users prefer faster flow rates but may tolerate extended times (6 to 8 hours) needed to treat the total volume of water in a device.
Notes and exceptions
- Turbidity and dissolved solids are key variables in source water and can determine the effectiveness and user satisfaction with HWTS products.
- Filter elements may be made modular allowing adaptation to local conditions.
For the most up-to-date information, access the guidelines online: