Time between maintenance: routine
- Product maintenance intervals align with the normal household cleaning routines of end users.
- Product performance is minimally affected by variations in cleaning routines and frequencies.
- HWTS devices continue to function effectively when cleaned according to local customs.
- Devices and components stand up to daily cleaning with minimal aesthetic or functional degradation.
- No tools or special materials are required for routine maintenance.
Notes and exceptions
- Cleaning habits and frequencies can vary significantly by region and culture.
- In India, maintenance occurs in two schedules:
- Daily rinsing and cleaning with varying levels of disassembly.
- Periodic disassembly and replacement of filter element, pre-filters, etc.
- Longer routine service and cleaning intervals may not add value for consumers. Users may prefer to clean the filter element and components on a daily basis with other kitchen implements.
- Product connections and fittings are designed to survive daily assembly and disassembly cycles.
- Routine maintenance is also addressed under user experience guidelines.
- Reference Design Beta Prototype User Reviews. PATH, unpublished data, 2010.
- PATH. Extended User Testing of Household Water Treatment and Storage Products in Andhra Pradesh, India: Final Study Report. Seattle, WA: PATH: 2010. Available at: http://www.path.org/publications/detail.php?i=1841.
- Regional User Experience Research. PATH, unpublished data, 2010.
- Full list of supporting evidence and additional materials.
Some users will clean their devices daily. Photo: PATH.