- When filled, the device resists tipping and is stable in normal use.
- Device does not move when safe water is dispensed from device using one hand only (including when empty).
- Product base design provides stability on uneven surfaces.
- A minimum of x N force (applied horizontally to the uppermost vertical surface of the device) is required to displace the device. The force should be determined by observing likely use scenarios in the field.
Notes and exceptions
- We are currently working with partners to define stability test guidelines.
- If a stand is provided, the device should meet the stability requirements with and without it.
Existing stands and surfaces are sometimes unstable and not the right size for the device. Photo: PATH.