HWTS Design Guidelines
- With regular maintenance, durable device enclosure and non-filter element components provide a minimum of two years of service.
- No performance degradation or component failures during laboratory testing to simulate two years of:
- Daily cleaning and partial disassembly.
- Regular insertion and removal of replaceable filter element(s).
- Operation of valves, taps, seals.
Notes and exceptions
- Low-income consumers may expect durable devices to function indefinitely with proper maintenance and repairs they can make themselves.
- Other household appliances (analogues) owned by target consumers (mixers, fans, rice-cookers, etc.) operate two to three years with minimum maintenance.
For the most up-to-date information, access the guidelines online: