HWTS Design Guidelines
- Device minimizes user intervention during operation and is easy to operate for primary users.
- Simplest operating sequence is fill, wait, dispense.
- Users are not required to learn multi-step procedures to produce safe water.
- The operating sequence can be depicted graphically and requires little or no user assistance.
- User actions required to operate the device fit their mental models of how devices should operate.
Notes and exceptions
- Avoid introducing design features such as lids or taps that require unfamiliar user actions such as twist-push fittings or pinch valves on water outlets.
For the most up-to-date information, access the guidelines online: