HWTS Design Guidelines
- Operating and maintenance information as well as the water treatment effectiveness of a product is adapted to local conditions.
- Attributes for information localization include:
- Content: culturally appropriate images and references.
- Culture: images, colors, and symbols.
- Information about local water safety issues.
- Contact information for seller, replacement parts, and service.
- Service or maintenance cycle reminder (e.g., calendar printed with contact and locally relevant image).
- Endorsement or stamps from local authorities.
- Attributes for product performance include:
- Treatment modules specific to local contaminants.
- Improved pre-filters for local water conditions.
Notes and exceptions
- Attention to depiction of human forms in some markets.
- Test graphic design and content with intended users.
For the most up-to-date information, access the guidelines online: