Height of safe water tap
- The safe water outlet (tap or spigot) is placed so that water can be dispensed directly into commonly used drinking water vessels with minimum risk of contamination.
- Common local containers fit under the safe water tap and can be filled without needing to be held (e.g., ±135 cm above surface for a drinking cup in India).
- Tap height enables use by all household members.
Notes and exceptions
- The device may require a stand or support for proper tap height.
- Drinking vessel heights may vary significantly from region to region.
Typical drinking vessels need to fit comfortably under the tap. Photo: PATH.