Footprint (counter space required by device)
- The product uses minimal counter space without compromising stability or exceeding the overall height guideline.
- Footprint dimensions are a function of upper and lower container volumes and overall height.
- Footprint dimensions allow the product to meet stability guidelines.
- Footprint provides stability on foreseeable placement surfaces such as floors, counters, chairs, and tables.
Notes and exceptions
- Low-income households may not offer horizontal surfaces such as counters or tables above the floor (varies by region).
- Alternative product formats (such as wall-hung or siphon devices) may minimize product footprint.
- Safe Water Project qualitative household research: household dimensions, furnishings and family size.
- Stability test results.
- Full list of supporting evidence and additional materials.
The product footprint should require a small amount of counter space. Photo: PATH.