HWTS Design Guidelines
Endorsements and claims
- Product endorsements are credible, verifiable, and recognized by end users.
- Product endorsements come from a credible source that is recognized by target consumers.
- Product claims can be substantiated.
- Product evaluations are from actual use (versus controlled environment).
- Endorsements are specific about the pathogens or contaminants the product does or does not treat.
- Technical endorsements targeting public/private policy, manufacturing, and design stakeholders should be published with source citations, relevant standards, and test protocols.
Notes and exceptions
- Endorsements can provide strong incentives for adoption.
For the most up-to-date information, access the guidelines online: