HWTS Design Guidelines
- Device components are designed to minimize health, safety, and environmental risks when disassembled or disposed.
- Direct contact with any dangerous disinfection media is prevented.
- Minimize health, safety, or environmental risks when components are disposed of through local channels (e.g., landfill, incineration).
- Minimize user contact with surfaces where pathogens or toxins may be concentrated, such as external surfaces of ceramic filter elements.
Notes and exceptions
- Evaluate the toxicity of disposed disinfectants to other organisms such as fish, insects, livestock, and crops.
For the most up-to-date information, access the guidelines online: