HWTS Design Guidelines
Attributes of interface connection
- Interconnection fittings are durable and leak-free in daily use over the life of the product.
- Interconnection provides clear user feedback when connection is fully made.
- Low insertion force, (e.g., >80% of users find it “easy”).
- Design prevents incorrect assembly (i.e., parts only assemble in one correct way).
- Filter element is positively retained in platform socket—will not fall out if inverted.
- Durability: assume 1 cycle per day over 6 months with a multiplier (safety factor) of 2; for example, minimum 360 insertion/removal cycles before failure for a filter element that will last 6 months.
- Regular cleaning with abrasives does not degrade interconnect integrity over the life of the product.
- Assembly and disassembly should not allow untreated water to leak into the clean water container.
For the most up-to-date information, access the guidelines online: