- How do I donate to PATH?
- Can I designate how my money is used?
- How do I know that my donations will be used wisely and prudently?
- Where can I review PATH’s financial information?
- Are my donations tax-deductible?
- How can I determine the best way for me to donate?
- How will I be recognized for my contributions?
- What are some benefits of donating to PATH?
- Do small contributions make a difference?
- Can I make a donation on behalf of an individual or to honor someone?
- Can I make a monthly contribution to PATH’s work?
- Does PATH hold fundraisers?
- Can I visit the projects that PATH works on?
- Do you have any volunteer or internship opportunities?
- How can I get my workplace involved?
- I own a business. How can my business support PATH?
- More questions?
You can make a one-time, monthly, or tribute gift with a credit or debit card—or print the online donation forms to make a gift through the mail. Other options include gifts of stock; donations though payroll deductions or corporate matching-gift programs; and planned giving through bequests, charitable trusts, retirement funds, or life insurance distributions.
Yes. PATH maintains several funds that you can use to direct your gift to a particular area of interest.
PATH’s Catalyst Fund is our greatest area of need. Gifts from individuals to the Catalyst Fund are a critical source of innovation funding, allowing us to launch new initiatives and expand pilot projects; leverage major contributions from governments and foundations; and support strategic priorities that help us improve the lives of people around the world.
You may also designate your gift to the Gordon W. Perkin Endowment. If you are interested in helping support a particular program or country, we can usually accommodate those requests.
PATH upholds the highest standards for financial stewardship and management. We have been awarded Charity Navigator’s highest possible rating for nine consecutive years. We strive to maximize the return on your charitable investment.
You can find PATH’s financial information on our finances page. Our IRS 990 form is also available through the independent nonprofit reviewer sites Charity Navigator and Guidestar. For more details, please contact us at email@example.com.
Yes. PATH is a US-based nonprofit organization, and donations to PATH are tax-deductible for US citizens. PATH’s tax identification number is 91-1157127.
In addition, under the charitable IRA rollover law, in 2010 and 2011 taxpayers 70.5 years old and older can move up to $100,000 from an IRA to a qualified nonprofit, such as PATH, without first having to pay taxes.
Especially for large gifts, we recommend that you talk to your legal and financial advisors before deciding how to donate to PATH. We will provide information to help you and your advisors make the best decision for you.
We may acknowledge donors in our annual report, a special report to donors on our use of innovation funding, or other publications. We may also publicly acknowledge donors at our annual Breakfast for Global Health or other events.
You may request that your gift be listed as “anonymous” if you prefer not to be acknowledged publicly.
We offer our donors the opportunity to stay engaged in PATH’s work and the latest in global health through:
- Invitations to special events at PATH’s Seattle headquarters.
- Access to our travel program, PATH Journeys.
- Subscriptions to PATH’s electronic newsletter, News From PATH, and print newsletter, PATH Today.
Some donors have been able to visit PATH projects in the field while traveling or have hosted events of their own at PATH’s office in Seattle. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your gift—no matter the size—can be a catalyst for large-scale global health improvement. Contributions to the Catalyst Fund help build programs with enormous impact.
Absolutely. You can make a tribute gift in honor of a special person or a memorial gift to remember a loved one. We will send a card to the person or family you are honoring to let them know a gift has been made in their name, and we will send you a letter acknowledging your gift.
Signing up for a monthly donation to PATH is an effective way to make your commitment to global health part of everyday life. You can choose to give monthly through a recurring credit card or debit card transaction or through your bank’s automatic bill pay system. We will send you an email receipt after each donation and a letter after the end of the year stating your total donation amount for tax purposes.
PATH holds one major fundraiser a year: the Breakfast for Global Health. Held each May in Seattle, the event benefits the Catalyst Fund, a source of innovation funding for responding to global health needs. Contact Karina Collins at email@example.com or 206.285.3500 for more information.
We welcome visits to PATH sites around the world by donors who are traveling and do our best to accommodate such requests. Please let us know in advance if you are interested.
Our PATH Journeys travel program also offers a chance to see the impact of your support firsthand, through a longer, in-depth visit to a particular country or region.
Because PATH’s work focuses on building local capacity in order to create sustainable solutions, we do not offer volunteer opportunities in the field. We do, however, rely on volunteers to help us present the Breakfast for Global Health, our annual fundraiser in Seattle. Contact Karina Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.285.3500 for more information.
PATH offers a limited number of internships on a program-need basis. Please check the internship page frequently for updated opportunities.
You can support PATH at work in a number of ways:
- Ask your employer whether they offer matching contributions for charitable gifts—an easy way to double your impact. Your employer may also be listed in the employer matching database.
- PATH participates in a workplace-giving federation called Global Impact. Talk to your employer about making sure Global Impact is involved in your workplace-giving fairs. If you work for a company that organizes a workplace-giving campaign, you can designate a donation to PATH through Global Impact (using our most recent Combined Federal Campaign code).
- Share your commitment with your co-workers—we can help arrange a presentation by PATH to your colleagues at work. Contact Catherine Endicott at email@example.com or 206.285.3500 for more information.
For more information, see our “Get involved” page.
For the past six years, many of the costs of our Breakfast for Global Health have been underwritten by corporate sponsors, helping us direct gifts from individuals who attend the breakfast directly to our work in the field. Other events are also available for sponsorship—a great way to support PATH while raising your company’s visibility. Please contact Catherine Endicott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.285.3500 for more information.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.