India vaccinates millions of children against Japanese encephalitis
PATH helped countries across Asia—including Cambodia, China, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka—reduce the toll of this debilitating viral infection. In India, the project vaccinated 16 million children in 2009 and more than 60 million children over the project’s six years.
- Historic protection for Asia’s children
- Landmark campaign to protect India’s children
- Shadow Lives
- Kill or Cure? Japanese Encephalitis
Six days per week, more than 60,000 Indian children receive nutrient-rich Ultra Rice® in free school lunches
PATH has found a way to increase nutrients in the staple food of more than half of the world’s population—and it doesn’t require people to change their purchasing and cooking habits.
Staff from more than 700 pharmacies learn to strengthen their role in providing primary health care
PATH has worked in Africa, Asia, and Latin America to build the capacity of pharmacy staff.
More of our work in Asia:
- Researchers explore the most effective vaccination strategies against human papillomavirus
- Team develops new tool to help countries address multidrug-resistant TB
Ultra Rice is a registered trademark in the United States of Bon Dente International, Inc.
In Asia, PATH operates offices in Cambodia, China, India, Thailand, and Vietnam.